Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What kind of device would you make happy? Its really only about the form factor? I love my pre. Its really sexy. And pre3 looks almost the same.. so I believe it will be almost the same sexy form factor. Its the vertical/horizontal slider?

Its the screen size? I dont like the big bricks you cant put anywhere then on a backpack... For a big screen Im buying the touchpad.

Do you miss some functionality? Which? I was missing the compass. and the 3 will have it.. Flash.. will have it.. what else?

Im sick of reading how out is HP right now. And I dont get why. Everybody angry that it looks like it... But I understood from this forum that most of you like your pre. dont you?

What was your expectation (beyond the release date)? Some iphone form factor with webos?

and about the tablet. How it was supposed to look and be you to like it? Its about the gesture area? who knows, maybe there will be some kind of virtual gesture area (like the virtual graffity area on the Tungsten3)?

I like Pre3, will buy it... Maybe not on day zero, as my first day pre is still in great condition. No scratches, no problems at all... I Love the touchpad. will buy it as it is possible. and the veer.. not a phone for me.. not sure for how much of you it is.. but it could get some audience too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    What kind of device would you make happy? Its really only about the form factor? I love my pre. Its really sexy. And pre3 looks almost the same.. so I believe it will be almost the same sexy form factor. Its the vertical/horizontal slider?

Its the screen size? I dont like the big bricks you cant put anywhere then on a backpack... For a big screen Im buying the touchpad.

Do you miss some functionality? Which? I was missing the compass. and the 3 will have it.. Flash.. will have it.. what else?

Im sick of reading how out is HP right now. And I dont get why. Everybody angry that it looks like it... But I understood from this forum that most of you like your pre. dont you?

What was your expectation (beyond the release date)? Some iphone form factor with webos?

and about the tablet. How it was supposed to look and be you to like it? Its about the gesture area? who knows, maybe there will be some kind of virtual gesture area (like the virtual graffity area on the Tungsten3)?

I like Pre3, will buy it... Maybe not on day zero, as my first day pre is still in great condition. No scratches, no problems at all... I Love the touchpad. will buy it as it is possible. and the veer.. not a phone for me.. not sure for how much of you it is.. but it could get some audience too...
    How about I just answer this with a simple sentence:

A complete change of business tacts, not the same that Palm used that ended up getting them bought out.
  3.    #3  
    I understand this is the pipeline palm had... for the "pure" hp we will have to wait a bit. It takes time to create a new device from scratch...
    I understand this is the pipeline palm had... for the "pure" hp we will have to wait a bit. It takes time to create a new device from scratch...
    HP is a billion dollar company that, at least claimed, they want to do WebOS right.

If a billion dollar company, after almost a year of a merge, cannot come up with ANYTHING NEW and are STILL USING THE OLD DESIGNS then that billion dollar company may be finding them selves no longer a billion dollar company

Look, I understand the merger takes time but do you think all the employees under the board and CEOs are just coming to work and doing nothing because of it?
    No, they work everyday.

Its been a year.
    This is no longer an excuse, friend.
    I understand the anger over the no ota updates to current devices, but hardware wise- they hit it right. And keep in mind that additional form factors will be coming later.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    And keep in mind that additional form factors will be coming later.
    And that's based on what besides pure hope?

If that were true we would have seen AT LEAST ONE different form factor.

We didn't.

And "later" is the last thing I want to ever hear when we talk about WebOS again.

"Later" is always the answer...even when it comes to the Veer, Pre 3, and Thinkpad.
  7.    #7  
    I still dont get it. what is so wrong with the old design? Arent most of the new adnroid phones looking like an iphone? and if we look on the design contest we had.. didnt almost all the phones look at least a bit like the PRE, just a bit bigger and faster?

there was no (or almost no) complain about the pre form factor (not talking about its build quality).. so why right now there are so many??
    I still dont get it. what is so wrong with the old design? Arent most of the new adnroid phones looking like an iphone? and if we look on the design contest we had.. didnt almost all the phones look at least a bit like the PRE, just a bit bigger and faster?

there was no (or almost no) complain about the pre form factor (not talking about its build quality).. so why right now there are so many??
    Most Android phones really don't look like the iPhone.

You are thinking about the Pre and saying "well it sold"

No, it didn't.

Palm's marketshare didn't even INCREASE, DID NOT INCREASE, with the release of the Pre.
    It just stayed the same, instead of dropping, for the first time in years and then dropped the next month and is now below 2% [including PalmOs]

This site has to think BEYOND this site.
    To what the vast majority of users want.
    They have spoken with their wallet since June 2009.

And a portrait slider isn't in high demand.

Even that Blackberry Torch didn't sell well.

BlackBerry Torch already selling for half-off
    FIVE DAYS AFTER RELEASE
    Neither did the Kin.
    Do I need to prove it further??
    I for one, would be annoyed if they dropped the Pre form from their line-up. It's part of what I like aboit the phone. So for me, the Pre3 is very exciting. But really, it's webOS that excites me most. If they only offered a slab, I'd get it, because webOS would make it better than all the other slabs.

As for the haters? It's a mystery, but I suspect they are a voca minority, nothing more. Most of us like real keyboards on a pocket sized phone. That's been a Palm standard for years.
  10.    #10  
    ok.. I get your point it shouldnt look like the pre.. but then how? Its not only about the form factor. even if it look exactly like.. whatever somebody could say the other has better... OS. cuz the pre3 has great specs from my point of view and talking from my needs...

so how it should look? what is the "best looking device" from yours point of view? And remember two days ago? sprint? thinking that they got somethink special? two screens? and also was considered a big fail... so how should it look? and the response "somehow" isnt a good response...
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    As for the haters? It's a mystery, but I suspect they are a voca minority, nothing more. Most of us like real keyboards on a pocket sized phone. That's been a Palm standard for years.
    You can rationalize it ANYWAY you want.

Maybe the majority OF PRECENTRAL USERS want this style.

No one else does.

HP either plays to what the majority wants or WebOs dies.
  12.    #12  
    I believe that HP will push it into the corporate business segment. Outlook implementation, push emails, documents editing.. this is what corporate needs. And then they dont mind if its a blackbarry or win7. And those dont need thousands of fart and weather applications. nor games...
    I believe that HP will push it into the corporate business segment. Outlook implementation, push emails, documents editing.. this is what corporate needs. And then they dont mind if its a blackbarry or win7. And those dont need thousands of fart and weather applications. nor games...
    So competing with Blackberry that is failing to Android and IOS...?

Great idea...not
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    You can rationalize it ANYWAY you want.

Maybe the majority OF PRECENTRAL USERS want this style.

No one else does.

HP either plays to what the majority wants or WebOs dies.
    If by "no one else does" means you and one other guy then that's a crock lol just because your not happy does not mean the whole world is not happy . I'm not happy that sprint may or may not get a webos phone soon enough or the OTA for the faithful . But it does not mean everyone thinks the same as me . And I love the new pre3 and specs are awesome . We just need to get it is all .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    If by "no one else does" means you and one other guy then that's a crock lol just because your not happy does not mean the whole world is not happy . I'm not happy that sprint may or may not get a webos phone soon enough or the OTA for the faithful . But it does not mean everyone thinks the same as me . And I love the new pre3 and specs are awesome . We just need to get it is all .

Want proof?

See:
    Kin
    Blackberry Torch
    Pre 2
    Pre +
    Pre 1

Not going to continue with the examples that the majority don't want portrait sliders.
    Whatever dude lol ha ha ha I don't need to explain anything nor will I try . Your obviouly messed up in your thinking . Trying to run everyone else off of here . Or trying to convince people to what you believe . You won't be happy until you feel you have got some kind of revenge on HP and that's not good . Lol have fun with andriod .

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Whatever dude lol ha ha ha I don't to explain anything nor will I try . Your obviouly messed up in your thinking . Trying to run everyone else off of here . Or trying to convince people to what you believe . You won't be happy until you feel you have got some kind of revenge on HP and that's not good . Lol have fun with andriod .

Yes, THAT'S it
    Yeah, it's clear from the Pre3 promo video that they are going for the corporate user. HP has the sales relationships with large companies to make that kind of push work. Android and iPhone penetration of the business market largely stem from RIM's failings. There is no reason to think that market won't consider other options. I still think webOS offers the best combination of business and personal features. Now we just need the HP sales force to get out there and do their job.

o_O

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast