Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    Yeah, it's clear from the Pre3 promo video that they are going for the corporate user. HP has the sales relationships with large companies to make that kind of push work. Android and iPhone penetration of the business market largely stem from RIM's failings. There is no reason to think that market won't consider other options. I still think webOS offers the best combination of business and personal features. Now we just need the HP sales force to get out there and do their job.
    In response to this I'm going to quote someone else from a different thread:


    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Which is why yesterday's announcement was based around a Time magazine app, a movie store and how you'd get restaurant details from your pad to your phone?


    Edit: Oh I forgot the rambling bit about how you'd be able to listen to some 'phat beats' on your pad.

    Where was the enterprise focus in any of this? Can you even edit documents on webOs at the moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Where's the evidence then? People say there is an enterprise focus - show us the evidence.
  2. #22  
    Goodness, lack of characters at hp headquarters! Bold egg heads! steeve jobs is laughing his ears! What a laughing stock. This shows how much cautiousness can kill creativity! My daughter is 4 and she already hate the design much better than these guys! She loves the iPhone although I don't even if I find them cool. Very uncool from palm to stick to your blackberry kirf palm pre 3! You are simply stuck in the past! Look at the nexus s for instance, this shows how refined beauty can partner muscle. Come on palm take actions and really your future looks blurry very blurry! Don't look beyond as you can't even see your reality.
  3. #23  
    I'm one of the people that believe hp will not do well with the new devices. I'm not angry just disappointed. I do understand that negativity bothers some users. I just think people here are passionate. I think the pre 3 looks nice and if it was out today I think you would have had a totally different reaction. Most users hoped hpalm would release this within the month. A lot of the first Gen pre owners see this as the beginning of the end for web is. However everyone could just be overreacting and these things could sell like ice-cream cones in hell. I guess everyone will just have to wait again maybe this time hp is telling the truth about release dates.
    Last edited by yaggermr; 02/10/2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling
  4. gtman55's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #24  
    HP has done something no smart and reputable company does... they promised (in writing on their Palm website), that current Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus owner WOULD get updated to the 2.0 software. Then after months of anticipation by us owners about the release they sneakily pull the plug. If effect, saying "oops". That's a <<mod edit>> way of doing business.

    What kind of company does that?
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 08:54 AM.
  5. #25  
    I like the autofocus on the camera. Front facing cam is cool, but is something I could do without. No 4g is the deal breaker for me on top of not coming to Sprint. That seems like a big shot in the foot for Hpalm. And at this point you don't know what to believe from them anymore. Just last month they said after revealing new products they would be available weeks after the announcement. Not true. As was the promise of Flash FIRST and an OS that was supposed to be so streamlined there would always be OTA updates available for the new versions. Hpalm has left what fan base they have out in the dark and feed us lies.
  6. #26  
    Only thing that would make me happy at this point would be a free upgrade to a Pre 2 or discounted upgrade to the Pre 3. But I doubt either of those are going to happen.
    I'll bet we're getting stupid like $50 off coupons or something.
  7. #27  
    I have a Pre, and as long as it works, I can only vent but so much. What angers me is that we were led to believe that more information would be provided to the existing user base. Not only was that sparsely adressed, "The Pre 2 will be carried by Verizon", but it was actually any after thought when people inquired about support for the Pre, Pixi..... Still no news at all from Sprint on if they plan to carry any WebOS devices. How hard is it to just say 'yes' or 'no' to that question?
    Just_Jay
  8.    #28  
    from my point of view... I dont care about sprint... and most of the world dont... Dont take it wrong. But I was really upset when pre was sprint only.. if you understand me. Im in europe. Right now I see that this should and will be for more then one US carrier...

    and still.. As I wrote in my first post. I can see your anger about the release date, and sprint and so on.. but there are so many posts about it looking like the old pre.. So my question was not why are you angry, but what would you make you not being angry.

    Ok, I got it... if it was released yesterday (I would be also more then happy) and if it would be released on Sprint (Not all the world is by Sprint)... But what would you make happy from the form factor view.. this was my first question...
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    from my point of view... I dont care about sprint... and most of the world dont... Dont take it wrong. But I was really upset when pre was sprint only.. if you understand me. Im in europe. Right now I see that this should and will be for more then one US carrier...

    and still.. As I wrote in my first post. I can see your anger about the release date, and sprint and so on.. but there are so many posts about it looking like the old pre.. So my question was not why are you angry, but what would you make you not being angry.

    Ok, I got it... if it was released yesterday (I would be also more then happy) and if it would be released on Sprint (Not all the world is by Sprint)... But what would you make happy from the form factor view.. this was my first question...
    As far as form factor I was hoping for a slab phone. Although I do sometimes miss my keyboard. I may pick up a Pre 3 depending on how things look in the phone world "in the summer". But definitely a thin slab would have been sexier to me at least.
    As far as specs go I don't really care as long as it is smooth and fast. I'm worried about that too as I saw some people say that it looked chopping in some of the videos. This OS is 2 Years old and for it to still be choppy on super fast hardware has me worried.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    HP is a billion dollar company that, at least claimed, they want to do WebOS right.
    They are a $130 billion dollar company.
  11. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Only thing that would make me happy at this point would be a free upgrade to a Pre 2 or discounted upgrade to the Pre 3. But I doubt either of those are going to happen.
    I'll bet we're getting stupid like $50 off coupons or something.
    I feel exactly the same way. The only thing that would make things right now would be a free upgrade to an unlocked Pre 2, without the need to renew/extend my existing contract (because even with the upgraded hardware, I'm pretty sure I'd want to leave HP/Palm/webOS at the end of my contract), and for that to happen soon. By soon I mean within one month.
  12. #32  
    1. They commit to doing what they say, my trust in the company is broken

    2. They commit to their original goal of creating a solid hardware/software universe for the users. (meaning they don't dump on their past customers by creating updates that lock them out of all new development even before their contracts are up).

    3. They stop using 'string em along' as a customer relations model

    4. They realize no one wants to pay giant smart phone data plan prices for piddly little smart phones.
  13. #33  
    pay off the remainder of my sprint contract so i could stop using my pre altogether. that would make me happy. that's it.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 02/10/2011 at 04:49 PM.
  14. #34  
    I did not, i repeat DID NOT want 3 Portrait sliders!

    I wanted a family of form factors:

    4" Slab (for the masses of consumers that like slabs)
    Landscape Slider (this is the form factor i wanted for myself)
    Portrait Slider (Pre 2 covered that)
    Mini Tablet (7")
    Large Tablet (9+")

    HP let me down big time...
  15. #35  
    What would make me happy isn't possible after yesterday.

    1. Say what you mean, mean what you say. Fail on 2 counts with release timing and providing update of older devices.

    2. Killed the existing developers by yet again remaking the OS - does anyone really think people will run an emulator for older apps - afterall that works so well with palmos apps.

    Why would any developer in their right mind be a leader out of the gates given past lack of performance by the company (both Palm and HP) - were it me I would take my skills and efforts to a platform I knew will continue to be successful. IMO, that moves the time frame out for significant quality apps at least another year and I'm not willing to wait that long again (only to expect some other ***** to decide they can make a new mousetrap and start the process all over again).

    The combination of wait for new/better hardware and continuing lack of availability of useful apps has driven me away from the platform.

    Seriously, it feels like we're dealing with a company that has no interest in running a business but rather works on the bleeding edge - always brainstorming and looking for yet a better way to do things without regard to the consequences.
  16. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #36  
    I would be happy if they released the Pre 3 on all carriers. I am on Sprint and if it came out on Sprint I would buy it. There would be no need for me to have to upgrade my Pre- to 2.x.

    I have a hard time believing that some Execs at HP sat down in a meeting and said. "Lets really **** some people off and intentionally not release 2.x to older devices. Yes we told them we would and it would be an easy thing to do but lets watch the internet flame us." Rather there had to be some rational reason not to. Having said that a little communication from HP would help.

    As for the form factor that everyone hates, I don't. Am I the only person that likes to be able to hold the phone and type with one hand?
  17. #37  
    It's not just a device, because the Pre 3 will make me happy if it comes to Sprint. It is the fact that they are orphaning all of our webOS devies (except you Pre 2 users) with updates and the fact that we have to wait until summer!


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  18. #38  
    Slightly off topic, but this jst made me really happy:

    Right now I am on an airplane.

    35,000 feet above Nebraska travelling over 500mph, typing on my netbook, connected to my Pre+ via bluetooth to share the Pre+ wifi connection to the gogo wifi network.

    So I bought the wifi service for the Pre, and I am surfing simultaneously on my phone and my netbook over a single connection...

    As Louie CK says, "everything is amazing - and nobody is happy."
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    It's not just a device, because the Pre 3 will make me happy if it comes to Sprint. It is the fact that they are orphaning all of our webOS devies (except you Pre 2 users) with updates and the fact that we have to wait until summer!

    I think most of us just want to know the carriers.

    If HP said "there will be new webOS phones for all carriers" I dont think there would be any issue.

    Two years is a long time to have any phone, i need to upgrade my launch day Pre. I just want to know if I can plan on grabbing a shiny new pre3.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    What kind of device would you make happy? Its really only about the form factor? I love my pre. Its really sexy. And pre3 looks almost the same.. so I believe it will be almost the same sexy form factor. Its the vertical/horizontal slider?

    Its the screen size? I dont like the big bricks you cant put anywhere then on a backpack... For a big screen Im buying the touchpad.

    Do you miss some functionality? Which? I was missing the compass. and the 3 will have it.. Flash.. will have it.. what else?

    Im sick of reading how out is HP right now. And I dont get why. Everybody angry that it looks like it... But I understood from this forum that most of you like your pre. dont you?

    What was your expectation (beyond the release date)? Some iphone form factor with webos?

    and about the tablet. How it was supposed to look and be you to like it? Its about the gesture area? who knows, maybe there will be some kind of virtual gesture area (like the virtual graffity area on the Tungsten3)?

    I like Pre3, will buy it... Maybe not on day zero, as my first day pre is still in great condition. No scratches, no problems at all... I Love the touchpad. will buy it as it is possible. and the veer.. not a phone for me.. not sure for how much of you it is.. but it could get some audience too...
    Glad you asked:

    • Renamed from webOS to 'inTouch series' from HP
    • 50 business app developers introduced with ready-to-ship apps for all form factors - including Outlook/OneNote 2010 integration app and QuickOffice
    • A webOS layer for Win OS and Mac OS devices that allowed app and settings management across all webOS devices - think an 'inTouch' download like a iTunes download (could be expanded with more functionality over time and gives access to all Win and Mac OS computers
    • iOS porting instructions for developers
    • 3D rendering like renderscript on Honeycomb
    • Wifi Direct between all devices
    • HDMI out for video projection
    • A price less than $500 for wifi only
    • A ship date within 21 days
    • A carrier that is used by HPs Fortune 1000 clientele
    __________________________________
    Palm Pilot, Palm III, Palm V, Palm Vx, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 700p, Centro, Palm Pre (minus) . . . ???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions