Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Seriously, you guys have another thing coming when complaining about your phone. I've been an adopter since day 1 when it came out. I was following it since CES 09.
    Get over yourselves, seriously. You can complain and be angry all you want but it's not going to help. Stop making useless threads about it.
    HP does not care about what Palm did, they are trying to move the company into a mobile strategy that brings everything together. Unfortunately the hardware from 2 years ago, does not cut it. Seriously it doesn't and that's why Palm failed.
    If they updated you to 2.0 and killed your performance, how would that make them look? You'd be JUST as ****ed as you are now. You make a different version of webOS 2.0 for the other old hardware that's missing features.. You'd still be angry. When you're a company of this scale and you bought a dying ship. Creating a platform for success may involve scrapping the old. Apple does this all the time when acquiring new companies.
    The devices are just the beginning of the new entourage of webOS connected peripherals. Unfortunately they said they would bring webOS 2.0 to us, and they lied. Oh well. You can't force them to do anything, and the people left are a small percentage of what's to come. You can't expect a pos Pre- get a heavy os update. They did it with Android, and HP recognizes the negatives and positives.
    If after you are disappointed today, and you are going to leave, do it! You'll still be buying a device, and you'll be back. I've have a Tegra 2 tablet, Evo, and I sold it my Evo after 4 months.. I use a Sprint Pre Plus now and I have a gTablet with Android 2.2.1 on it. I have my tablet rooted and a new UI and that thing crashes apps like it's a boss. Not worth it. Honeycomb still looks like it's beta and the UI blows compared to webOS.
    So finally after ranting here, these products are just the beginning, and they will be launching more in the coming month. I'll be waiting and I'm tired of hearing people complain and b... Move on, don't complain. Please.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    In spite of my whining... I think you're right.

As a strategy, 5 months to HP is an instant. We're mad because the CEO is a **** for getting our hopes up, but truth be told, this system is going to succeed with or without most of this community.

Nobody wants a bulky OS anymore for anything but real industry work. These mobile UI's are the future. They'll be shipped as an alternate OS on HP PCs, and people will use them 100% of their leisure time, and soon 100% of their time period. No more bull$hirt viruses, no more missing plug-ins, no more bloat.

In a few months, there will be 4 or 5 phones to go with 2 tablets and a new home OS. People who are in the market then instead of now, will buy it, because it is honestly better. Android looks like a piecemeal, clunky program. WebOS looks like a refined product.

I've made it this long with my crappy laptop and array of phones that went from having SNAKE, to now being able to do basically anything. I'm not going to buy a product I don't want just to have it. If the new HP products are out and nothing better comes along before that, then that's what I'll get, unless I use it and don't like it. Then I'll wait some more.

Other than the Xoom and Adam, it'll be summer anyway before android tabs really hit the retail outlets. Honeycomb isn't finished. Apple is way ahead... they always are. I'm just not leaving Sprint in spite of great service, and so I'm not getting an iPhone, and so I'm not getting an iPad. I want unity and simplicity. If I wanted crap that didn't integrate well, I'd just keep everything I have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Seriously, you guys have another thing coming when complaining about your phone. I've been an adopter since day 1 when it came out. I was following it since CES 09.
    Get over yourselves, seriously. You can complain and be angry all you want but it's not going to help. Stop making useless threads about it.
    HP does not care about what Palm did, they are trying to move the company into a mobile strategy that brings everything together. Unfortunately the hardware from 2 years ago, does not cut it. Seriously it doesn't and that's why Palm failed.
    If they updated you to 2.0 and killed your performance, how would that make them look? You'd be JUST as ****ed as you are now. You make a different version of webOS 2.0 for the other old hardware that's missing features.. You'd still be angry. When you're a company of this scale and you bought a dying ship. Creating a platform for success may involve scrapping the old. Apple does this all the time when acquiring new companies.
    The devices are just the beginning of the new entourage of webOS connected peripherals. Unfortunately they said they would bring webOS 2.0 to us, and they lied. Oh well. You can't force them to do anything, and the people left are a small percentage of what's to come. You can't expect a pos Pre- get a heavy os update. They did it with Android, and HP recognizes the negatives and positives.
    If after you are disappointed today, and you are going to leave, do it! You'll still be buying a device, and you'll be back. I've have a Tegra 2 tablet, Evo, and I sold it my Evo after 4 months.. I use a Sprint Pre Plus now and I have a gTablet with Android 2.2.1 on it. I have my tablet rooted and a new UI and that thing crashes apps like it's a boss. Not worth it. Honeycomb still looks like it's beta and the UI blows compared to webOS.
    So finally after ranting here, these products are just the beginning, and they will be launching more in the coming month. I'll be waiting and I'm tired of hearing people complain and b... Move on, don't complain. Please.
    Well said, you speak for many of us in here that can see into the future and what is coming down the pike. Unfortunately, there are few vocal hotheads that are not representative of the webOS following.
    All great posts!
    Well, I will tell you I feel much better now.

I just got done writing to HP telling them that their decision to today has lost them a customer, I will be purchasing an EVO this weekend. Granted, I am but one person, but personally, it made me feel better.

I also just got done writing to Sprint requesting that they NEVER offer the Pre 3 lest they allow HP to treat the people who purchase that device the same way they just treated all of us who purchased the original Pre.

But, you're right ... complaining is not going to do anything, but voting with our dollars will.
    All these people on all these tech blogs, including the ones complaining here, are like spoiled children. Seriously, a few years back, ALL of us would have been HAPPY with JUST a phone that can call and text and play bejeweled. NOTHING ELSE. Now, instead of being HAPPY that their phone can do SO MANY THINGS, they complain. The majority of the world doesn't even have a smartphone! People are starving to death out there, people don't have houses to live in, and these people are complaining that their phone doesn't do MORE. Seriously guys? Spoiled ******* am I right?