Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm sure there are factual errors in the dates but i'm too <<mad (mod edit>> to care.

We were promised Flash the first year the pre was announced. Then we were told a beta was coming sooner instead. Then the deadline passes, and were told it would come later. Then 1.4.5 was announced and flash came with that! Wait. No <<mod delete>> it didn't. Adobe claims Palm misspoke, but the beta was still going to be coming in the app store. Then Android got it. Then WebOs 2.0 was announced and lo and behold flash was actually in it. But it was coming to original pre owners in the coming months. "I can wait," I thought. And now today, after one and a half years of sticking with palm, sticking up for it when people said the pre was ugly, telling iphone users that we'd have flash over them, <<mod delete>> Not only do we not get flash, but 2.0 as a whole is a no go?

Webos has about a quarter of a percent of marketshare and it's ALL us loyalists. WE were the ones who were going to show people why their tablets were better than the ipad. We were the ones who were going to buy a pre 3 (Despite the fact that many people have expressed the desire for a different form factor and they've released the same phone 7 times with different names). We were the only chance this dying company had, and they pretty much give us the finger. I don't care if they allow updating through webos doctor, and I don't care if they give us some lame <<mod delete>> discount. If ANYONE deserved an OTA update it was us, and it's for all these reasons why I'm headed to Android.

And if I can be civil for a moment. I like palm, and think HP might be the ones screwing us. I genuinely think WebOs is the best Os out there, and this is one of the best homebrew communities I've ever felt apart of. But the fact that flash was something promised to me when I bought my phone over a year ago, that it was demo'd on a sprint pre, and were not getting it says something about how HP does business. The fact that were not getting 2.0 after them saying we were, proves this even more so. I defended webos for so long because palm always worked with us, and now it seems like that era is coming to an end. You all were great but I think this is my last post.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Yes. Everything HP is doing is [almost?] designed to drive people away from WebOS.

I do not understand why you take your cheerleaders and tell them they can't ride the bus.

HP is currently Android's best marketing agent.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Yep, one of the main deciding factors for my 2009 purchase was flash support "coming soon" and now I feel shorted.

Remember 1.4.x was supposed to add "The Framework For Flash Player" or some BS!

They can tell you to "Wait" two years, and then tell you to go buy a new $300 phone to do what they told you your current phone could do two years ago
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    rubenstein is rubbish
    Kujila!!! You Blew It! and SPAGHETT!!! hahaha... T&E rule
    I'm not going to lie. I thought when I had my pre.. Ooh I don't really need flash what would I use it for.. Now I use it quite a bit to watch things on my EVO and I definitely would not go back to a phone without it. It does have some little quirks sometimes but I'm actually impressed with how well it runs.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tredftw View Post
    I don't care if they allow updating through webos doctor, and I don't care if they give us some lame a** discount. If ANYONE deserved an OTA update it was us, and it's for all these reasons why I'm headed to Android.
    Personally I wouldn't have had any problem with having to Doctor to get it, even if I had to re-enter my account details. Just as long as they'd actually had it ready to release yesterday. Numerous people have talked about the leaked one, but the major downsides are being unable to log into your palm profile (therefore you have no access to apps you've paid for), and since it's a 'leaked' one that means no official community support. No uberkernal release (why would they for a leaked release you know?) for example. Plus a few bugs with the software that you'd expect in any prerelease software. (but you just know they have to have a more recent build with some bugs fixed since early December)
    Last edited by ualdayan; 02/10/2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tredftw View Post
    I'm sure there are factual errors in the dates but i'm too <<mad (mod edit>> to care.

We were promised Flash the first year the pre was announced. Then we were told a beta was coming sooner instead. Then the deadline passes, and were told it would come later. Then 1.4.5 was announced and flash came with that! Wait. No <<mod delete>> it didn't. Adobe claims Palm misspoke, but the beta was still going to be coming in the app store. Then Android got it. Then WebOs 2.0 was announced and lo and behold flash was actually in it. But it was coming to original pre owners in the coming months. "I can wait," I thought. And now today, after one and a half years of sticking with palm, sticking up for it when people said the pre was ugly, telling iphone users that we'd have flash over them, <<mod delete>> Not only do we not get flash, but 2.0 as a whole is a no go?

Webos has about a quarter of a percent of marketshare and it's ALL us loyalists. WE were the ones who were going to show people why their tablets were better than the ipad. We were the ones who were going to buy a pre 3 (Despite the fact that many people have expressed the desire for a different form factor and they've released the same phone 7 times with different names). We were the only chance this dying company had, and they pretty much give us the finger. I don't care if they allow updating through webos doctor, and I don't care if they give us some lame <<mod delete>> discount. If ANYONE deserved an OTA update it was us, and it's for all these reasons why I'm headed to Android.

And if I can be civil for a moment. I like palm, and think HP might be the ones screwing us. I genuinely think WebOs is the best Os out there, and this is one of the best homebrew communities I've ever felt apart of. But the fact that flash was something promised to me when I bought my phone over a year ago, that it was demo'd on a sprint pre, and were not getting it says something about how HP does business. The fact that were not getting 2.0 after them saying we were, proves this even more so. I defended webos for so long because palm always worked with us, and now it seems like that era is coming to an end. You all were great but I think this is my last post.
    Personaly I did not wait. I've got myself an Evo, as soon as it was in store.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums