1.    #1  
    Do you think maybe verizon saw the HP PRPRPR $disaster$ $that$ $occurred$ $today$ $coming$? $Maybe$ $thats$ $why$ $the$ $pixi$ $disappeared$ $so$ $quickly$ $from$ $their$ $site$? $I$ $was$ $thinking$, $why$ $would$ $they$ $have$ $pulled$ $the$ $phone$ $so$ $randomly$ $from$ $their$ $catalog$? $HP$ $told$ $them$ $there$ $would$ $be$ $no$ $2$.$0$ $OTA$ $update$, $and$ $instead$ $of$ $having$ $to$ $deal$ $with$ $angry$ $customers$ $like$ $us$, $they$ $pulled$ $the$ $phones$ $altogether$. $Makes$ $sense$ $to$ $me$ $at$ $least$.
    Today wasn't a PRPRPR $disaster$ $for$ $HP$ $to$ $anyone$ $outside$ $the$ $phone$ $world$. $The$ $general$ $public$ $was$ $paying$ $attention$ $to$ $the$ $announcements$ $this$ $afternoon$, $not$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $a$ $2$-$year$-$old$ $phone$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $the$ $latest$ $OS$ $version$.

The Pixi's disappearance most likely has nothing to do with anything other than its advanced age.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Today wasn't a PRPRPR $disaster$ $for$ $HP$ $to$ $anyone$ $outside$ $the$ $phone$ $world$. $The$ $general$ $public$ $was$ $paying$ $attention$ $to$ $the$ $announcements$ $this$ $afternoon$, $not$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $a$ $2$-$year$-$old$ $phone$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $the$ $latest$ $OS$ $version$.

The Pixi's disappearance most likely has nothing to do with anything other than its advanced age.
    or maybe the pixi is getting replaced by the veer. hopefully right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise1091 View Post
    or maybe the pixi is getting replaced by the veer. hopefully right?
    Oh man, that would be absolutely awesome. Problem is that the Veer was only announced as a GSM/HSPA device today, which means AT&T only for the moment.
    LOL why do I want a pre 1 with webos 2.0 anyway. My pre 1 is 2 years old now. I think thats long enough to support a phone. Also if you support old hardware to long it slows down the future gen.
    Nah I think they just pulled the Pixi because they were gonna start selling the Pre 2. And let's face it, the Pixi is pretty old by now. Might as well sell the Pre 2 while they wait for the newer hardware.