Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I don't think I'm the only one, but I'm glad HP has finally given the consumers SOMETHING, as to the future of webOS and its products. Generally, things were what I expected, but I have to list some things that I didn't expect - in a pro / con form:

Pros:
    -New pixel on "glass" technology in TouchPad, like the iPhone and the rumored iPad 2
    -Touchscreen keyboard on TouchPad has a row of numbers at the top!
    -1 GB of RAM on the touchpad was a cool change. Thinking ahead, I see.

Cons:
    -Screen resolutions were "catching up" to the industry standard on all devices. iPad screen resolution on the TP, the Pre 3 has the "Android" resolution, and the Veer's resolution was meh
    -No gesture area on the tablet?!?!?!
    -Plastic back on the tablet? Not classy enough to use glass or a metal?
    -Teen Phone is said to have the Pre Plus's battery life. Not good. Its so small already, why not put a better battery in that can last longer?
    -TouchPad chose to have a smaller battery to compete with the iPad weigh-wise. I'd rather have 12 hours than have the device way less. Or at least give the user the option to buy the one with the better battery.
    -webOS 3.0 seems like an android copycat as to version number and redesign, starting from scratch with apps is a step back, and the tablet doesn't seem to be as responsive as competitive tablets (or the Pre 2 for that matter)
    -Older devices don't get OTA updates? That's a slap to the face if I've ever saw one. Now the iOS people can scream "FRAGMENTATION!!!!" at us too
    -They might be pushing the cloud, but I want more STORAGE on these devices. I want a 64GB palmpad, and a 32GB Pre 3.

Feel free to add your thoughts, this is more of a "pros/cons" thing, that's why I did a different thread.

Also, I'm not saying the event was bad, I'm still planning on getting new webOS devices. Just saying it would have been better if they changed some things.
    Last edited by JLegacy; 02/09/2011 at 07:22 PM.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    It was what I expected..but I didn't expect much.

Too many people on here gave HP a win because they have money.

Money does NOT equal success.

[see: kin. billion dollar failure]
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    The kin might have been a failure, but it was kinda pulled before they even did it. The Veer is a beast, and I showed it this "teen phone" to some teenagers...And they were impressed.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    The kin might have been a failure, but it was kinda pulled before they even did it. The Veer is a beast, and I showed it this "teen phone" to some teenagers...And they were impressed.
    I'm sorry but impressed by what?

Who honestly thought that someone would want the Veer?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'm sorry but impressed by what?

Who honestly thought that someone would want the Veer?
    How small it is. The size is an attribute now IMO, judging from the video.

The fast processor, webOS and multitasking, etc. It can run Angry Birds just fine! And apparently its keyboard is considered to be better than the Pre 3's.

If it has a nice pricetag, it'll work.

"Still have room in your pocket, even with a smartphone in it."

*looks at burning forums*

Yeah, i'd say it didn't go that well. xD

Pre 3 looks pretty sexy though. Decent hardware finally powering WebOS should be a potent mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    How small it is. The size is an attribute now IMO, judging from the video.

The fast processor, webOS and multitasking, etc. It can run Angry Birds just fine! And apparently its keyboard is considered to be better than the Pre 3's.

If it has a nice pricetag, it'll work.

"Still have room in your pocket, even with a smartphone in it."
    How big was the kin again?

In a world where phones are getting bigger, going smaller is just silly.
    I think the event was good, but it should've been great. The main problems that I see currently is that they haven't released any other form factors, and the lack of a gesture area on the Touchpad. Fragmentation isn't and won't be an issue. The issue with Android is that they sell many different versions of the same os and each offer a different experience. HTC, Motorola and Samsung, which has 2 current versions of Android, all put there own spin on the os (and Sprint now does too).

The big problem with today was the slap in the face by HP to all of the original webOS adopters. No update is ridiculous, because they said it would come, not because of the lack of support. They lied. Saying that the old hardware isn't capable is also bs. There are a lot of people on the forums that have used 2.x on a Palm Pre, and said it works just fine. This is all made worse by no new hardware being available soon.

....sorry, I had to vent.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I think the event was good, but it should've been great. The main problems that I see currently is that they haven't released any other form factors, and the lack of a gesture area on the Touchpad. Fragmentation isn't and won't be an issue. The issue with Android is that they sell many different versions of the same os and each offer a different experience. HTC, Motorola and Samsung, which has 2 current versions of Android, all put there own spin on the os (and Sprint now does too).

The big problem with today was the slap in the face by HP to all of the original webOS adopters. No update is ridiculous, because they said it would come, not because of the lack of support. They lied. Saying that the old hardware isn't capable is also bs. There are a lot of people on the forums that have used 2.x on a Palm Pre, and said it works just fine. This is all made worse by no new hardware being available soon.

Hey palm has said many,many times that the update was coming to the phones, and even that it wouldn't cost anything. I am a huge webos junkie, but my tunnel vision has opened up a bit today. I'm either leaving palm or sprint. Either a wp7 drops on sprint if they don't pick up a webos phone or I'm over @ another carrier. I will not go android.

Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post

Sounds like you may be confusing fragmentation with...whatever it is you're talking about.