1.    #1  
    I've worked in IT for 20 years, and the lackluster showing today is painfully familiar.

So, you've got a merger. Then you've got pressure to release product. Any products in the pipeline were disrupted by the merger.

Then your CEO leaves.

In the meantime, someone comes up with a brand new architecture that any devices are supposed to support (cloud, tap-to-share, etc).

Okay, you think you've got it all nailed down, but then one of your prime 3rd-party partners, who's told you they'll be ready on time, can't deliver (Flash).

Unbeknownst to you, the marketing and exec folks have planned a huge announcement. Before you've gotten everything working perfectly.

So the huge announcement contains a "in coming months" clause.

There are a lot of HP engineers with cots in their cubes right now. Luckily, the few True Believers won't make a huge dent as they scramble off to embrace your competitors' products.

<sigh>
    You're suggesting that Flash is causing the holdup for new devices?

Instead of adding "coming months" to the whole thing, they could have just said Flash was coming in an update.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Huh? But Flash is already running on my Pre 2. And why is Flash a big deal for these devices anyway? I've almost never used it!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

now that old devices are NOT getting 2.0 AND there is NO 2.0 SDK out... and there is ZERO user base.... what should a developer do? Pre2 exists BUT is not on any major US carrier yet and is NOT being marketed. and we won't see the Pre3 for another 5-6 months till AFTER iPhone5...

And during the DEV conference they said we should UNLEARN mojo that it was messy! LoL will 2.0 support mojo... yes.. but not for long.

currently there is a ZERO user base for developers. Congrats... we are starting from scratch... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    now that old devices are NOT getting 2.0 AND there is NO 2.0 SDK out... and there is ZERO user base.... what should a developer do? Pre2 exists BUT is not on any major US carrier yet and is NOT being marketed. and we won't see the Pre3 for another 5-6 months till AFTER iPhone5...

And during the DEV conference they said we should UNLEARN mojo that it was messy! LoL will 2.0 support mojo... yes.. but not for long.

currently there is a ZERO user base for developers. Congrats... we are starting from scratch... again.
    I did like that part: "The stuff we gave you before that we said was great was really crap. Now THIS stuff IS great.... no.... really..... we mean it this time...trust us... "

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I'm all for Enyo and everything, but it really urks me because I'm RIGHT-IN-THE-MIDDLE of creating a Tumblr application (since the market has few decent ones) and I actually got the API to work and everything is up and running and now I'm at the fun part... Design... But oh wait, HP wants me to "forget Mojo" and now I'm gonna have to start from scratch. Ya there are a ton of pros to Enyo and the Ares in web app designer but I was so excited to do the graphics and what not. Ugh this was probably so out of place but I needed to vent, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I'm all for Enyo and everything, but it really urks me because I'm RIGHT-IN-THE-MIDDLE of creating a Tumblr application (since the market has few decent ones) and I actually got the API to work and everything is up and running and now I'm at the fun part... Design... But oh wait, HP wants me to "forget Mojo" and now I'm gonna have to start from scratch. Ya there are a ton of pros to Enyo and the Ares in web app designer but I was so excited to do the graphics and what not. Ugh this was probably so out of place but I needed to vent, sorry.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't say that Mojo apps won't work, just that Enyo apps will work better.

"Forget Mojo" sounds like a poor choice of words, more than anything else.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    it's sick and I can't see myself making another app for Palm
    Please DONT. These guys don't deserve your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't say that Mojo apps won't work, just that Enyo apps will work better.

"Forget Mojo" sounds like a poor choice of words, more than anything else.
    Um I think Mojo will still work, but why would you still make a Mojo app? And I used "Forget Mojo" because that's what the new guy actually said in the presentation. He said "Unlearn Mojo" which is basically the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Um I think Mojo will still work, but why would you still make a Mojo app? And I used "Forget Mojo" because that's what the new guy actually said in the presentation. He said "Unlearn Mojo" which is basically the same thing.
    If you're already mostly finished with a Mojo app then why would you recode it for Enyo?

I realize that's what was said in the presentation, I just meant it was a poor choice of words on his part, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Huh? But Flash is already running on my Pre 2. And why is Flash a big deal for these devices anyway? I've almost never used it!
    ive never used flashed either.......because i never got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you're already mostly finished with a Mojo app then why would you recode it for Enyo?

I realize that's what was said in the presentation, I just meant it was a poor choice of words on his part, in my opinion.
    Your totally right. I guess just for optimization because clearly HP has little interest in supporting legacy devices so why not get a head start and re write the app for Enyo so people won't bash it later. Not saying Mojo apps are bad by any means I mean the app store applications are amazing its just kind of "there" if you know what I mean.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I actually learned C++ and OpenGL and switched my focus to gaming in case this very thing happened. I now have a ton of code that I wrote from the ground up to be cross platform ready. So when the ship sinks I'll have a life boat to bring me to the one that's still afloat. Have to say that move is feeling smarter and smarter by the day...
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    On the plus side, I know I'll never be buying an HP/Palm device again. Works for me. Just sorry I just wasted this much time/money so far.

Hell, I can't even use the IM feature on my Pre- (AKA POS) , it just stopped working - doctoring does nothing either.