Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As nasty as things are around here, check out the much more public bashing they are getting on their Facebook page, and it was only just now posted about the no 2.0 update

www.facebook.com/palm
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/09/2011 at 05:48 PM.
    good
    good. they just<<mod edit>> on the only people who actually care about their product.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 10:07 AM.
    dead link
    If I wasn't thinking of switching to verizon i would be upgrading to the EVO or shift this weekend. I cant believe how disappointing this is.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    dead link

fixed
    well. They deserve the bashing. Especially when it comes to the no ota updates to exhisting webos phones. Agree with the people saying that hp really took a dump on the only people who support webos. Hp isn't going to make it far in the mobile phone world in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwado View Post
    . Hp isn't going to make it far in the mobile phone world in my opinion.
    I've been saying this for a while.

Everyone gave em an instant win just because they have money.
    Money does not equal success.
    I suggested here a call with Dieter and then precentral brings our concerns to Todd Bradley et al as one voice (see below). HP made a bad mistake--they need to understand we are a community.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...community.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I've been saying this for a while.

Everyone gave em an instant win just because they have money.
    Money does not equal success.
    yeah. I gave them the benefit of the doubt til now, especially with the recent "hp is going to be cooler than apple" statement, but I was wrong. Apparently hp knows nothing of what people want in a smartphone this day and age.
    Why? They new they were screwing their base but in the end they will get screwed the hardest when they are looking for new jobs.
    My original pre works fine with the existing operating system. When the phone dies, I will upgrade and if there is a better operating system great if not. Big deal, its still makes phone calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    My original pre works fine with the existing operating system. When the phone dies, I will upgrade and if there is a better operating system great if not. Big deal, its still makes phone calls.
    Mine doesn't Speaker goes in and out. Should I buy another on ebay or get a pre 2?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    They deserve the beating! I actually enjoyed reading the collective outrage. It made me smile!

Why would they announce the new devices and os features way before they are shipping?

I guess they enjoy having other companies rip off their features. My guess is that the iphone5 / ipad 3 will have the bump feature among others that were shown today.

They burned so much good will by not thinking about those of us who have tried to sell webos to all our friends and co workers for the past year and a half. I was so excited about the new devices now I really do not care.

bummer.....
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'm in for the bashing of HP. I can't believe how hard they are screwing with the their base.
    They deserve everything they get, including losing all their customers. Good luck attracting new ones when they treat their existing customers this way.
    I really can't beleive what was going through their minds when they made this decision.

And to those who say "my phones still fine", well that's great for you, but when I paid $200 for this phone, went under a 3 year contract, and got a canadian data plan (only a canadian knows how bad these are), I expected the promises made like document editing, and FLASH to be delivered. I was really looking forward to buying a pre3, but now I won't be, unless they make this up in a SIGNIFICANT WAY!
    I feel that pain nimer. I spent 480€ on that pre minus here in Germany. Really sad to hear they won't provide updates at least for the warranty time (2 years). On the other hand... I couldn't use an OTA update as the phone is out for repairs for 8 days now. That's how they serve you in Europe.

Back to facebook bashing.
    Y'know, I could have handled hearing "hardware that has less that 512MB RAM won't be able to run WebOS2" if they had not said in November "All WebOS devices will receive WebOS2."

It's more anger at the breaking of an unnecessary promise than actual dismay that a device with half the RAM and CPU speed might not be able to handle a new OS version. They could have said "we want to upgrade everyone to WebOS2 but we are still working on it."

If they'll break a promise that we didn't ask them to make, that they volunteer on their own, what are the odds they'll follow through on the ones we NEED?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm out as well. As much as I hate iPhones, I'm thinking of going to it. My friends iPhone 4 is actually pretty nice. I'm also tired of waiting, and lies. Very sad day when I realized I just don't want to wait any longer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast