Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 59 ... LastLast
    This is the worst move HP could have made. The same people that voted WebOS the best OS out there are being slapped and toyed with. On the single day that was supposed to make everyone want to switch to WebOS, they alienate probably 60% of their existing user base while breaking promises made only a week ago from the CEO that any new hardware announced would come immediately after being announced, and make the same mistake they made with the original Pre in releasing it 5-6 months after announcing it. It looks great now, but what will it be up against in the summer? Who would want to switch to a platform that doesn't care about its most loyal users? Yesterday, I was a proud evangelist of WebOS products, now I don't know if I even want to buy another. What would be the point? Just another device that won't make it to the next version of the OS? It makes me feel sick to my stomach that I thought they would come through with their promises. It is a shame that HP has just killed such a great OS for such a stupid reason (more money from people having to buy a new phone every year instead of updating their quality phone to the latest features)
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    God damn it.
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-posts...ion-sprint-pre
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-2-0-...video-pre-plus
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-2-0-...cel-pre-mexico
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-2-0-...g-coming-webos
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-spora...ng-webos-2-1-0
    ***?

I started with palm on a monochrome "palm" pda, then got a palm 3c, then my first palmos phone in a Samsung SPH-i300, then a treo 700, centro, 800, and finally a pre. I stuck with them through all their troubles hoping for something new and amazing. I loved webos when it launched. When it got stale and developers started jumping ship I went to the EVO for apps I needed for work but continued to check here daily for when HP would save the day and offer a device I could switch back for. These kind of practices have sealed me as a lost customer. Android/iOS now has my full attention as they are actually putting out innovative products instead of holding huge press conferences to announce that they will finally catch up to the rest of the world "in the coming months"

What ever happened to "we're not announcing anything until we can sell it to you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I think PreCentral is misinforming everybody with that post. What HP is saying on that post is that the WebOS 2.0 update will be available as a download and install using a USB cable instead of OTA (Over the air) Why is everybody making such big deal about it? I don't get it.
    maybe but if HP has something to say they had a giant event. They should have said it there. If they meant you'd be able to use a USB cable why didn't they just say that? I dont' know but if that's what they meant they should have said that. Why go through all the trouble of explaining server issues and hardware upgrades but not say, "But don't worry. you can still do it by cable?" maybe they forgot. if so they are boneheaded.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    im upset by this
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    Really?? That was unnecessary censorship
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Mattykinsx,

Actually, it is not obsolescence that people whine about with Android, it's that they come out with dozens of phones all running different operating systems, some supported, some not. Even Googles' own phone, the Nexus 1, hasn't gotten updated with the latest operating system. The Galaxy Tab will probably be orphaned soon. That is the problem with Android.

Truth is, the two systems with the best prospects for top to bottom ecosystems are Apple and HP, because they control the hardware and software. They have computers, tablets and phones and the promise of inter-connective cloud services.

I have never been a fan of HP products and it looks like it remains that way, but it doesn't mean they won't have a compelling story to tell.

redundant
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Because most users will have no idea how to do that, or even that the update is available. People on here may know, but PreCentral users are still a minority of the webOS user base.
    I hope TreoRock is right. If we can still get 2.0 or later through a computer, it will be just like iPhones getting their updates through iTunes. HP/Palm just needs to let everyone KNOW that if this is true.
    No matter how much we hate it, its actually a very good move by Hp. For people that still want WebOS they will likely go and buy a new Hp phone
    To everyone that is ready to jump on the android train because of this, most users of android phones have this same problem update after update. Only Apple has been really good about giving their OS updates to older devices.
    This is complete Bullsh#t!!!!! Liars! That's the only reason I held on to my pre minus. Android looks like it's in my near future.
    Very disappointing...very...and piled on top of this, the groundhog said spring was coming, but there's a storm tonight...can I believe any person (or mammal) anymore?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Wow, this is just plain sad. They know how to screw with everybody.
    To the defenders of HP, "intending" to offer a "path" to legacy users in the "coming months" is more vague than their previous promises of our phones being upgraded to 2.x. And, "path" sounds a lot like they're going to charge for the update if they do offer it.

Like many others, I have been very patient and optimistic, first with the promise of the 2.x update, second with today's incredibly hyped announcement. The Pre 3 looks interesting but it is probably at least 6 months away and will most likely be overshadowed by then. Not to mention they've just ticked off the only people who really had any interest with their upgrade reversal blunder.
    This keyboard can not express my rage properly so I'll just mash on it for a second....

aopifrujpofknawopifr32uyr40op231in4r;o1il54yu-fszdlkvnafro14i57-09t[h4

still mad ..
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I am glad, I wish they would not have called the pre 3 a pre3, they need leave all these old devices behind and move forward!
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    This also brings in the question are they going to treat their future hardware as well?
    How do I know if I buy Pre3 that it will have feature updates in the future? Would I be pushed to buy Pre4 in order to get new software?

Lets see how frequent would be HP with updates, Palm was awesome. Now that Palm is a part of bigger company this could lead to sluggish services due to bureaucracy.

See I had Pre and I changed it for Pixi because of the form factor, HP doesnt have a Pixi replacement so far and I dont want to go back to Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    but precentral users are the ones complaining. no one else probably even knows that there is a thing called webos 2.0
    I guess that's true. But let's hope we actually get an upgrade path.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I think PreCentral is misinforming everybody with that post. What HP is saying on that post is that the WebOS 2.0 update will be available as a download and install using a USB cable instead of OTA (Over the air) Why is everybody making such big deal about it? I don't get it.
    you are STILL believing HP? There is nothing posted that says this will definitely happen - only that it *MAY* happen. When Hp announces that things WILL happen, they are lies as we've seen time and again. So you expect a *MAYBE* to actually pan out?

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE STILL BELIEVING LIARS?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    what are you gonna sue for? Nobody's bought anything based on a promise that 2.0 will be delivered to that device. Even if they did good luck proving it.
    It wouldn't be so much about actually winning any damages as it would creating enough bad PRPRPR $to$ $get$ $a$ $favorable$/$fair$ $outcome$. $Whether$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $done$ $with$ $minimal$ $expense$ $is$ $a$ $whole$ '$nother$ $story$.

That said, I still think there's a case to be made.