Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 58 ... LastLast
    i'm surprised that it mentions OTA but nobody thought to ask the follow up of if the doctor will be released?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    what are you gonna sue for? Nobody's bought anything based on a promise that 2.0 will be delivered to that device. Even if they did good luck proving it.
    Personally, no, I didn't buy it with that expectatioon. But I can assure you there's a sizable group of people who did.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    File this under 'The Things that HP and Palm Promised But Never Delivered.' And who was saying a few days ago (let me help you, the recently appointed HP CEO) that products would be available shortly after announcements? Yes, this summer you will wait.

They said last year that old devices would get it, and that's not the case.

THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE 1.3%. The one group they didn't want to **** off was the developers, and that's why they gave they all shiny new Pre 2s, so they wouldn't get left in the dust. The consumers can drown though.
    Thats it, im ditching palm, going Apple
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    I coulnd't look for some time for updates. There was an error ''Not possible to connect.''
    But no it says, it's up to date. Damn, I really hoped..
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    It's nice to see someone has a clear head.

I was in line June 6th like a lot of the people blowing their stacks over this. I guess the only difference is, I fully expected I would be back in line the following year(s) for the new Pre ... and I knew that my launch-day Pre was going to be a dinosaur within 18 months. Because that's the way the industry is.

As for the "OMG they lied to us!" consternation ... see italicized portion above. Mobile manufacturers aren't car companies - they don't expect you to be using your same model for a quarter of your lifetime, and you shouldn't either.
    I agree with 90% of that but everything changes when HP says we will be making webOS 2.0 available on legacy devices. They didn't qualify it by saying "if we find a way to make it work." In fact, they promised it by the end of 2010.
    wow, ive thought for months that we will get a 2.x update ota and now this news just hits. very disappointing decision
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    It's not an earthquake exactly, but it's a big bummer.

Two promises broken. No flash - no update.

Leo Apotheker said recently the new devices will be available in short time after today...

3rd lie...
    Actually 4 lies.

They promised a full fledged office suite that was editable.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I was looking forward to having 2.0 on my Sprint Pre.
    Not having an OTA update isn't the end of the world. I'd take a proper webos 2.0 doctor - c'mon HP, let us have it.

The small problems it might have that make it not-for-general-consumption (like slightly laggy operation) aren't an issue when you're overclocking the thing to 1.1ghz and patching it all to hell. Power users deserve it - and palm -already- has a virtually 100% functional 2.0 doctor. Lets have it already. Let us decide whether or not the old pre can handle it.

If they don't release the 2.0 doctor though, well, what can I say. Early adopters often get shafted - don't get me started on my EXPENSIVE big screen "1080i HD" television I bought, -right- before they came out with HDMI and made it completely obsolete and unable to display HD programming (it only did 1080i over component) for the sake of copyright protections.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    what about 'the cloud'?? lolz. no wires remember. syncing everywhere, everyone on. real cohesive.
    They said "intends" to make a website....just like they "intended" to push webOS 2.x to all Palm devices. Their relationship with carriers has me worried since I'm with Bell and things take a long time to get through. I doubt we'll see anything, along with most carriers outside of the USA.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I am curious to see what this "Upgrade Path" is. I am dissapointed how these updates were handled. I have a Pre - so if the Pre3 does not come to Sprint, I will have to say goodbye to WebOS. I want to stay with WebOS but I like to upgrade at least every 2-3 Years on my phone just to stay up with the new hardware. Also without a Sprint WebOS option, it shows that HP really does not care of their Original Pre Owners.

I guess they are getting the Apple Mentality now that they have the money behind them.

Let's hope it does not come to that... I really do want a Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I think PreCentral is misinforming everybody with that post. What HP is saying on that post is that the WebOS 2.0 update will be available as a download and install using a USB cable instead of OTA (Over the air) Why is everybody making such big deal about it? I don't get it.
    Because most users will have no idea how to do that, or even that the update is available. People on here may know, but PreCentral users are still a minority of the webOS user base.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Personally, no, I didn't buy it with that expectatioon. But I can assure you there's a sizable group of people who did.
    maybe. again don't now how they can prove that. And i'd don't think its actionable. i'd toss it and make the plaintiff pay HP's court fees.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Well, since my contract runs out "in the coming months", I'm gonna wait and see what happens with 2.0. If I can't get it on my Pre Plus, them I'm getting an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Because most users will have no idea how to do that, or even that the update is available. People on here may know, but PreCentral users are still a minority of the webOS user base.
    but precentral users are the ones complaining. no one else probably even knows that there is a thing called webos 2.0
    the sad part is that the SMALLER phone is coming out beginnin of spring....WHY!!!! Why not the pre 3...SMH!! Backwards man... CES WOULDA BEEN ALOT WORST IF THEY MADE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT THEN
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The blow of not getting the 2.0 would have been lessened if they actually had a real release date for the Pre3. This vague timeline stuff that we have been given from the start is insulting since they lie.

I will be changing my signature to remove the peacekeeper text, no longer care.

At this point have at it everyone!
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    iPhone/iPod users update through iTunes, do they not? Why can't we for a seemingly big underlying OS change?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.