Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 5560616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1362
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuns View Post
    FYI: Many people on the data plans required of smart phone owners on Sprint are eligible for an upgrade once very 12 months (although this changes in a month or two), and the Sprint 2 year contract allows another fully subsidized upgrade after 22 months, not 24.

Thus, either you were eligible to upgrade nine months ago, or you only have one month to go before you can get the full subsidy again.
    I know I was eligible for an upgrade last June. I've mentioned that in other posts. You missed the gist of my point though - there is a big difference between being eligible for an upgrade, which means I'm relegated to Sprint phones, and being out of contract, which means I can choose any carrier's phones.

As I said in the post you referenced, Sprint's only phone that interests me is almost a year old (the Evo). I wouldn't want to waste my upgrade on that, and then be locked into another 2 year contract, when I can be completely out of contract in a little over 3 months.

I've been with Sprint for 11 years. I keep pretty up to date on their pricing and policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adora View Post
    Yep, same lady.

Rod and I have discussed this issue at length, and I've reported it to the knowledge base team to have the article updated. Thanks for the reminder to check the status on it. =]
    adora !!! you are awesome !!! thanks for all that your are doing for us ! really thank you !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    "Part of the reason webOS continues to stand out in such a crowded marketplace, is that we constantly work to improve the user experience, even after devices are in the users' hands."
    -Jon Rubinstein - Feb 9th, 2011
    Last edited by mjsmiley; 02/14/2011 at 09:58 PM.
    ok, that last thing with hparsons and ekuns I too long *hey squirrel!* for me to concentrate on.

but I followed it *ooo shiny* enough to determine that that whole thing about 'following adora' and being 'easy to look at' and I started to get a little bit creeped out.

just sayin.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    As Sgt Hulka said - "Lighten up Francis"
    That said, you did notice that I said "it doesn't hurt", right?
    (laughing) OK, fairly put, and a good Stripes reference.

I know I was eligible for an upgrade last June. [...snip...] there is a big difference between being eligible for an upgrade, which means I'm relegated to Sprint phones, and being out of contract, which means I can choose any carrier's phones. [...snip...] I've been with Sprint for 11 years. I keep pretty up to date on their pricing and policies.
    Good points there. This thread is so long that I cannot possibly keep all other responses by any given person in my mind. You indeed know the whole score. Sorry for the unnecessary clarification; hopefully it helps out someone else who didn't know. And yeah, the battery alone from my original cell phone from 1998 is bigger than any cell phone on the market today. I'm close to 13 years with Sprint.
    Yep, same lady.

Rod and I have discussed this issue at length, and I've reported it to the knowledge base team to have the article updated. Thanks for the reminder to check the status on it. =]
    Sorry, but since you just posted once in that thread, it looked a bit HP to non-Rods.
    Hope that makes sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ok, that last thing with hparsons and ekuns I too long *hey squirrel!* for me to concentrate on.

but I followed it *ooo shiny* enough to determine that that whole thing about 'following adora' and being 'easy to look at' and I started to get a little bit creeped out.

just sayin.
    C'mon Francis, she wasn't creeped out. She thanked me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuns View Post
    (laughing) OK, fairly put, and a good Stripes reference...
    OK, now that you're laughing, and seeing some humor in this, tell me honestly - Doesn't this whole WebOS-hating stuff you see on here remind you of jr high breakup stuff?

Picture Debbie Lou, instead of (I won't name any WebOS-critics by name), and "Some Jerk Of a Boyfriend" (SJOB) instead of HP/Palm. Close your eyes and listen:

OK, I meant that figuratively. Obviously, if you close your eyes, you won't understand...

I'm so mad at SJOb; lied to me, made promises not kept, led me on to believe I was going to get something I wouldn't, teased me just enough to keep me around. That's it, I'm done forever and making sure that all of SJoB's friends know how I've been wronged. If they don't listen to me, I swear, I'll stomp my feet and scream ever louder.

Hey, look - there's SJOB walking in with a new look. I don't care, and no, I am not blushing with desire, I'm going to keep on telling all my friends to avoid SJOB forever. C'mon, I'm late for gym,
    Yep, same lady.
    Adora!! I just noticed something. Your signature still says:
    C'mon, I'm late for gym,
    Something tells me this is hparsons talking again...
    okay NOW start campaign to get FLASH for 1.4.x! An olive branch.

It will make it easier for ME to wait until Pre3 is available for GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryldctx View Post
    It will make it easier for ME to wait until Pre3 is available for GSM.
    It's gonna be a long wait, buddy...
    OK, now that you're laughing, and seeing some humor in this, tell me honestly - Doesn't this whole WebOS-hating stuff you see on here remind you of jr high breakup stuff?

Picture Debbie Lou, instead of (I won't name any WebOS-critics by name), and "Some Jerk Of a Boyfriend" (SJOB) instead of HP/Palm. Close your eyes and listen:

OK, I meant that figuratively. Obviously, if you close your eyes, you won't understand...

I'm so mad at SJOb; lied to me, made promises not kept, led me on to believe I was going to get something I wouldn't, teased me just enough to keep me around. That's it, I'm done forever and making sure that all of SJoB's friends know how I've been wronged. If they don't listen to me, I swear, I'll stomp my feet and scream ever louder.

Hey, look - there's SJOB walking in with a new look. I don't care, and no, I am not blushing with desire, I'm going to keep on telling all my friends to avoid SJOB forever. C'mon, I'm late for gym,
    Can you please stop using this analogy? I'll be the first one to say that some of the more vocal opponents to HP and Palm with this whole issue are ridiculous and somewhat annoying, but let us not forget that it was HP and Palm that <<mess>>ed this whole thing up to begin with, not the "Jr high breakup" people. If you don't want to read or listen to their so called whining, then don't, but don't paint them somehow being lesser or more annoying than HP and Palm. They have good reasons to be displeased with HP and Palm, and these "Jr high breakup" posts reek of you coming to the defense of HP and Palm when they don't need it.

This whole situation will go down as just another company in a long line of companies over promising and under delivering, another case of Palm once again letting its mouth write checks that its *** couldn't cash. Partly because of this, I will not be getting an HP phone when my current contract with Sprint is up on June 10th. I also think based on Palm's track record, HP is going to do very little, if anything, to "make things right" for people. So I'm feeling the same irritation and frustration towards HP and Palm that the "Jr high breakup" crowd is, even though I'm not as vocal about it. Because I'm stuck in the same boat they are, I'm not going to put them down for acting a little irrational and you shouldn't either. It's HP and Palm that <<mess>>ed up, not them.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/15/2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Has anyone running the 2.0.1 beta for Sprint been able to purchase any apps from the catalog without getting an error? Also to the MODS, are we at will to talk about this 2.0.1 release now that Palm broke their promise to us all? I haven't seen any of you cracking down on anyone..
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLeary View Post
    Can you please stop using this analogy? I'll be the first one to say that some of the more vocal opponents to HP and Palm with this whole issue are ridiculous and somewhat annoying, but let us not forget that it was HP and Palm that <<mess>>ed this whole thing up to begin with, not the "Jr high breakup" people...
    Absolutely. As soon as the complaints reach a maturity level that make the analogy meaningless.

Please note, nowhere have I said all of the complaints fall into that category. I've complained about it. However, there are certainly a number of complaints that fit that category.

Personally, I see the analogy no more annoying than the profanity filled video that many have pointed to with glee - which by the way, exmplifies the point I was making with the analogy.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Well I have no complaints about my Pre, I absolutely love it! But unfortunately for me our time is growing short...

Because of horrible timing I will not be able to get the Pre3 if/when it hits Sprint as soon as it comes out. I was a early adopter the first time around maybe it would be in my best interest to wait awhile this time.

But I most definitely will be watching from the sidelines...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Has anyone running the 2.0.1 beta for Sprint been able to purchase any apps from the catalog without getting an error? Also to the MODS, are we at will to talk about this 2.0.1 release now that Palm broke their promise to us all? I haven't seen any of you cracking down on anyone..
    Could this be because of the developers had signed an Non Disclosure Agreement for not talking about this things in public forums while Palm didn't sign anything about releasing 2.x for Pre/Pre+?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Could this be because of the developers had signed an Non Disclosure Agreement for not talking about this things in public forums while Palm didn't sign anything about releasing 2.x for Pre/Pre+?
    Yeah, I was just trying to get confirmation if anyone had been successful in purchasing apps with the build.. It seems some have stopped caring about their NDA after Palm broke their promise.. I'm not trying to cause any stir, but I am running it to tide me over until Pre3 comes out and had hoped to purchase some of the 2.0 only apps..
    Yeah, I was just trying to get confirmation if anyone had been successful in purchasing apps with the build.. It seems some have stopped caring about their NDA after Palm broke their promise.. I'm not trying to cause any stir, but I am running it to tide me over until Pre3 comes out and had hoped to purchase some of the 2.0 only apps..
    But what's the problem? that the apps don't appear on the catalog? Have you tried using Preware to look for them and then trying to buy one?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    there has not been an issue discussing 2.x

the only issue is posts that request or provide info on how to illegally obtainn pirated code.

developers may have NDA restrictions with Palm, but PreCentral is not responsible for enforcing other people's contracts.

so the answer to your question is simple. Posts about 2.x are not the same as posting requests, links, or instructions for illegal activity. The same would hold true if the requests/links/etc were about gaining access to drugs.