Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1362
    I was just as POed as most of you were Wednesday.
    After a couple of days I understand where Rubee may be coming from. I have Uberkernal running at 1G and I still sometimes get the too many cards error when trying to open Angry Birds, if I have 1 card open.
    To anyone who just got a Pre or Pre +, I feel for you. You're stuck.
    My Sprint contract runs out June 6, 2011, yep, a launch day Pre owner and a proud one.
    So Sprint and HP have until early summer to decide if they want to carry the Pre 3 and if it's 4G. If not, then, I'll ponder an Android device.
    If Sprint wants to charge me $10 more for data, I'm sure as hell gonna get a 4G phone to get my money's worth.
    I want to stay with Web OS. My first Palm OS device was a Handspring Visor Deluxe 11 years ago, then a Visor Prism, a Palm Tungsten C, a Treo 650, then 700p, now the Pre.
    There is no bigger cheerleader for Palm. I talked 3 coworkers into buying Pres, so I really hope that HP and Sprint get it done and carry a 4G Pre 3.
    But I think they did it again, they promise that the new hardware will be available in the coming weeks, I remember something like that!!! but it was coming months!!!

Check for that, the Pre 3 won't be there before the end of this year and it will be like the Pre 2 no carrier in the America, will go out in Europe before here!!
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    HP has an outstanding opportunity here to make things right with jilted Pre-/+ users. I can't speak for anyone else, but if they go above and beyond in their efforts to compensate for us for being passed over on the 2.x update, then I would be an HP loyalist for life. On the other hand, if they make some half-hearted attempt at saving face, then I may just never buy another HP product again. They can build a lot of good will and earn many repeat customers if they handle this thing right.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It's that important to you that they give you $100 more towards a Pre 3?

My rationale is that a token gesture would be something like $100 off a new Pre 3 this summer. A big-time gesture would be $200 off a new Pre 3 this summer.
    I don't know what the gesture should be. $100 towards a Pre 3 would not do the trick though. An ideal solution would allow all current WebOS users to be upgraded to 2.x (in some way) without re-upping our contracts. I'm just saying they have an opportunity to either win over or alienate a lot of people. It's up to them.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Eh. I have been wanting flash on my pre since 2009. It doesn't bother me we aren't getting 2.0, makes launcher unpatchable, and stacks? Eh. Flash would have been nice though
    That's what I'm saying...I don't know how they compensate for people who have unlocked phones. Especially in other countries...They really screwed up big time and I don't see anyway they're going to please everyone. I think the only thing they can do is give everyone an unlocked phone. Otherwise, they've lost the confidence in everyone that had believed in them. They've gone well and beyond destroying people's faith, they're going to have to go the extra mile to get it back.
    w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=8pBbGTKNr7Y
    0:34
    Pre minus with printing?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM626 View Post
    Eh. I have been wanting flash on my pre since 2009. It doesn't bother me we aren't getting 2.0, makes launcher unpatchable, and stacks? Eh. Flash would have been nice though
    for what its worth, stacks is awesome...
    Essentially HP-Palm's Big Event has ended in an utter implosion of its loyal customer base.

The Official Palm Blog thread on the issue stopped dead at 2:01PM today... LOL!
    Last edited by Brother Al; 02/11/2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: added
    I've been a Palm Pilot owner and many more Palms for that matter until Palm Pre Plus. I'm tired of half-assed treatment for about 12 years, commitment, etc. I'm done with HP/Palm. I WANT A SOLID COMMITMENT to what I purchase! HP's commitment is diarrhea as far as I am concerned. There are NO "do-overs" as far as I am concerned. I work hard for my money. iPhone/Android are my only options in about a year when I'll be able to step-up to a committed smartphone company. HP...thanks for nothing! Homebrewers...YOU ARE THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO THE PALM PRE!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE RIDE!
    Let me just vent about the major part of the update we are all getting screwed on:
    *** IS MY FLASH??!! You promised! You've shown it working in videos! You've said it's been capable of this all along! What is up with the bold faced Flash Player LIE (announced Feb 19th of 09 was it?) that sold a lot of us these phones in the first place? Do I really need to pull out all the anticipation and pre/post launch articles promising this one f*****g updatable missing feature? Well *** is it? Gone completely off the radar now? They continued to string us all along with it for 2 YEARS people before FINALLY throwing in the towel on the whole thing on their big "WebOS Event Day"? *** is THAT??? *** IS THAT???!!! Slap in the face? I feel more like I've been intellectually violated for trusting a product that promised one thing but never will deliver. Most people know it as the ol' "bait & switch". Who am I even yelling at? HP? PALM? KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNN!!!!! Help me Dieter Bohn; I know you feel my pain.
    I'm going to post this again - it's obvious that HP/Palm are not interacting with web sites or social media properly - rather than ranting here, why not contact them directly to let them know how displeased you are ? Be sure to offer some solutions to the problem too - they obviously need some new ideas!

HP Executive Team: CEO email
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    I'm going to post this again - it's obvious that HP/Palm are not interacting with web sites or social media properly - rather than ranting here, why not contact them directly to let them know how displeased you are ? Be sure to offer some solutions to the problem too - they obviously need some new ideas!

HP Executive Team: CEO email
    Seriously? You really think they give a flip about any of our ranting? Did you hear ANYTHING AT ALL positive for a Sprint launch day user? We just got hosed my friend and no amount of email, phone calling or venting to HP/Palm is gonna milk any sand outta that goat. We're not gonna get it. Period. I rant here because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way and I can look through hundreds of posts; many of which agree with me 100%. Can I get a holla?
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Seriously? You really think they give a flip about any of our ranting? Did you hear ANYTHING AT ALL positive for a Sprint launch day user? We just got hosed my friend and no amount of email, phone calling or venting to HP/Palm is gonna milk any sand outta that goat. We're not gonna get it. Period. I rant here because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way and I can look through hundreds of posts; many of which agree with me 100%. Can I get a holla?
    The more you clog up his inbox, the bigger the problem appears to be.

Posting here does nothing for his perception of the issue.

It may or may not work - but posting here definitely won't.

Oh -and one other thing - Sprint is irrelevant outside the USA.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Rod brings up an excellent point on twitter.. If they are going to bail on 2.0 for legacy devices, then they owe us a 1.5 that includes flash if nothing more. They've shown us flash working on our legacy devices since 2009 on all sorts of videos and demos. NO reason why they shouldn't make that promise right for us!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Rod brings up an excellent point on twitter.. If they are going to bail on 2.0 for legacy devices, then they owe us a 1.5 that includes flash if nothing more. They've shown us flash working on our legacy devices since 2009 on all sorts of videos and demos. NO reason why they shouldn't make that promise right for us!
    If they do that, they should also open up the Media APIs for developers like DanPLC to release music players and such to OUR app catalog too.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If they do that, they should also open up the Media APIs for developers like DanPLC to release music players and such to OUR app catalog too.
    Those APIs depend upon new webOS 2.0 infrastructure. I would doubt that they could be back-ported to 1.4.5 ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Wow. It will be a miracle if WebOS is still talked about a year from now. I already decided months ago that I was going to switch to Android and back to Verizon once my Sprint contract runs out. I still think WebOS is nicer to use than Android but all these unfulfilled promises have left a sour taste in my mouth.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    I'm sure that it does suck, but hardware can't be supported forever. Sadly, because the phone space is moving so fast, it cuts the time of supporting these devices down even further. That's also due to the 2 year contract system that we are currently hooked on; after two years, why continue to spend money and support something?
    What do you mean, "After two years?" The Pre- is not two years old yet. June 6 2009 to now is 1 year and eight months, meaning people who bought this on launch day are mostly still locked into their contracts. And the Pre's last software update was released almost a year ago (even if it took months longer to reach some carriers). Thus, it was supported LESS THAN ONE CALENDAR YEAR. So again, what do you mean by, "After two years?"

Apple does *way* better than that. WAY better. I'm the only person in my household (except for our 2 year old) who does NOT have any Apple product. While the Apple products have not been perfect (nothing is), Apple *solidly* supports them. Better than almost any company I have ever seen.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    So, anybody wanna buy a used Pre?