Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1362
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    <humor>
    The Fuhrer got the news...
    </humor>
    That was so f++ing funny. That alone might make this whole debacle worth it!
    Please come back in 18 months so we can talk about how wrong your are ok ? Please .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by astonred View Post
    i give it 18 months (2 yrs tops) before HP decide the webos platform is not viable and kill it off, or just end up using it for their printers.
    LMAO..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    That was so f++ing funny. That alone might make this whole debacle worth it!
    couldn't stop laughing, well done.
    Whatever they do - it MUSTN'T be tied to a particular network - some of us paid a premium to get unlocked GSM in the early days!
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    That's true also about people actually owning unlocked phones to start out with. They have a lot of thinking to do about all of this. They can't just simply give credit or a discount to people since they'll still paying out of their own pocket for something that should have been free to begin with. Especially on unlocked premium (overpriced) priced phones. Who would want to pay like say they knocked a couple of hundred bucks off of it (which would still cost like 200 bucks) for an unlocked phone that's going to (if not already) be obsolete anyway. With Verizon, you can easily just discount the 100 bucks to something like 50 bucks which really isn't bad considering you're getting upgraded hardware. (even though you may only use it until the newer phones come out)
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Probably talking to Sprint about carrying the Pre2.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    <humor>
    </humor>
    Dude, I'm at work and nearly ****ed myself laughing. That was what my house was like Wednesday evening, except with alcohol.
    <humor>
    </humor>
    Oh man that is just too too funny. I loved the very very end of it. Anybody who watches this you gotta watch it all the way to the end.

This is a video from October of 2009 showing Flash Player working on a Palm Pre (yeah the Sprint version).

HP says that they couldn't install Flash Player because the phone would not be able to handle it.

Does HP actually do ANY internet or internal analysis before they release statements?
    I think this thread needs to be merged? Anyways I think it will be a discount towards a new device.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by vivajay69 View Post
    That's true also about people actually owning unlocked phones to start out with. They have a lot of thinking to do about all of this. They can't just simply give credit or a discount to people since they'll still paying out of their own pocket for something that should have been free to begin with. Especially on unlocked premium (overpriced) priced phones. Who would want to pay like say they knocked a couple of hundred bucks off of it (which would still cost like 200 bucks) for an unlocked phone that's going to (if not already) be obsolete anyway. With Verizon, you can easily just discount the 100 bucks to something like 50 bucks which really isn't bad considering you're getting upgraded hardware. (even though you may only use it until the newer phones come out)
    To put it in context, in the UK an unlocked GSM Pre2 costs the equivalent of $650 - even a $200 discount doesn't bring it down to the US price.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    This is a video from February of 2010 showing Flash Player working on a Palm Pre (yeah the Sprint version).

HP says that they couldn't install Flash Player because the phone would not be able to handle it.

Good thing HP says it doesn't work on these devices is why they didn't release it.
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecz View Post
    Oh man that is just too too funny. I loved the very very end of it. Anybody who watches this you gotta watch it all the way to the end.

lmao epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecz View Post
    This is a video from October of 2009 showing Flash Player working on a Palm Pre (yeah the Sprint version).

[url= - FLASH PLAYER ADOBE RUNNING ON PALM PRE[/url]

Does HP actually do ANY internet or internal analysis before they release statements?
    Actually there was something strange I noticed in that video. In the beginning of the video, the phone appears to have full battery and at the end of the video, it's down to almost nothing.

At the beginning, the time shows 5:35 and the end the time says something like 2:30ish. Assuming the ending scene was shot the day after and no charging was done in between, holy crap, his phone lasted an entire day! That's just not possible with my pre, unless I turn off data.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    Actually there was something strange I noticed in that video. In the beginning of the video, the phone appears to have full battery and at the end of the video, it's down to almost nothing.

At the beginning, the time shows 5:35 and the end the time says something like 2:30ish. Assuming the ending scene was shot the day after and no charging was done in between, holy crap, his phone lasted an entire day! That's just not possible with my pre, unless I turn off data.
    Didn't notice that dmglouis but I don't go ANYWHERE without multiple chargers and extra batteries. My phone is always charging unless it is in my pocket. If I am in a car, I plug it in as we are driving. I carry a mobile charger in all four cars (that includes kids cars), an electric cord charger with me, and two spare batteries each with their own compact charger. I never turn on the GPS positioning system anymore because it generally is lucky it can determine what US state I am in. I keep the back light at a lower light etc to conserve power. From what I have been told, just about all Smartphones use battery resources extensively. I've learned to live with the power draining, now I have to learn to live with a company that has no business ethics I suppose if I ever renew with an HP device again. Oh and I didn't pay a lot for all these extra chargers / batteries. There is a web seller called cell phone shop that sell this stuff extremely discounted.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I hope the something to make thinfs right doesn't require me to turn over my old Pre to get it...like a rebate or discount. This is my phone and their broken promis, I shouldn't have to trade my phone in. ... Cuz I want to keep this pre, we have had fond memories.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    <humor>
    </humor>
    rotflmgdao.

i hope some people at HP see it
    J'espre qu'ils vont se tourner la langue 7 fois dans la bouche la prochaine fois avant d'annoncer quoi que ce soit, des promesses qu'ils sont incapables de tenir, il ne faudrait plus que a arrive.
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    I hope they will turn the tongue 7 times in the mouth next time before announcing anything, promises they can't hold, there should not be happening again in the future.
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language