Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 465152535455565758596061 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1362
    Quote Originally Posted by zadias View Post
    It seems no one caught the drift of my image..
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5048/66215307.png
    Sprint has a chance.
    And it's in the coming weeks.
    Zadias - Not to deflate the loyal Sprint users / customers but, we get the exact same message as Verizon customers. Just insert Verizon where it says Sprint. I am pretty sure AT&T customers will get the same message also. It's their standard message they came up with knowing they would get negative feedback / concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm starting to calm down about this. I think if there were performance issues with 2.x on Pre and Pre plus, then Palm made the right call. In the end, maybe this works out in our favor. After all, the only thing better than new software is new hardware!
    jbg - That doesn't make it right. Each step businesses take the precedent / make the precedent of being able to post one course of action to get sales and then in the interest of "making it right for our new products" by abandoning our old products and not doing the course(s) of actions we told our customers, allows for an erosion of the business ethics this country (USA) was originally founded on, written in the Uniform Commercial Code, and written into state laws to protect the consumer. But states will no longer protect consumer rights unless they can turn a profit by suing the company. This is not big enough for any one state to sue HP or even joint states to sue HP therefore it continues to set a bad precedent on business ethical practices in this country.

(I am sorry to those users in other countries for being country specific in this reply.)
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zadias View Post
    It seems no one caught the drift of my image..
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5048/66215307.png
    Sprint has a chance.
    And it's in the coming weeks.
    Are you sure they don't mean coming months?
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecz View Post
    They have made the decision that it is cheaper to spend money on marketing than making it work for their 5 million + current users and building on that base of users who have preached their products worthiness compared to the competition. I am sure they have done a marketing study / cost analysis that told them they could get about 2 million of the five million to stay with delays and thus no cost, and get much more than 3 million new users easily by spending money on advertising and not on delivering what they promised in writing.
    This hurts to read, mostly because it is very likely accurate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Woo hoo I think I have finally gotten to enough posts to post links to web sites.

If you truly are frustrated send this to everyone you know who has a Palm Pixi, Pre, Pixi Plus, or Pre Plus for them to write to the CEO an email from their web site format and do it yourself right NOW. It doesn't actually ever get to the CEO but you will get an automated reply and I am sure it will become a business statistic in a report upper management will get next week.

HP Executive Team: CEO email
    Woo hoo I think I have finally gotten to enough posts to post links to web sites.

If you truly are frustrated send this to everyone you know who has a Palm Pixi, Pre, Pixi Plus, or Pre Plus for them to write to Palm an email from their web site format (this is kind of a back door location) and do it yourself right NOW. It doesn't actually ever get to Palm upper management and you may not get any reply (I haven't as of earlier today) but I am sure it will become a business statistic in a report upper management will get next week.

Use the Other format so someone (instead of a machine) might actually have to read and sort it.

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Quote Originally Posted by dex4 View Post
    Are you sure they don't mean coming months?
    It's kind of like the Star Trek movie where Captain Kirk is asking Scotty how long it will take and using days for hours and hours for minutes. Except HP / Palm does it the opposite way - weeks for months, and months for years.

And they define "soon" as a marketing term to sell existing products under the premise we are going to upgrade its operating system but we are not going to actually do that in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecz View Post
    deewalker

They have made the decision that it is cheaper to spend money on marketing than making it work for their 5 million + current users and building on that base of users who have preached their products worthiness compared to the competition. I am sure they have done a marketing study / cost analysis that told them they could get about 2 million of the five million to stay with delays and thus no cost, and get much more than 3 million new users easily by spending money on advertising and not on delivering what they promised in writing. On their own official HP Palm Blog they relased this as part of their statement.
    Makes sense, well said. AND what they did not think about was how they were leaving those developers who had created 2.0 apps without now a current customer base for half a year or so. And how also any new developers might be put off now from coming into an ecosystem without a vibrant number of other developers to surround them to entice consumers to buy the new apps. Thus they may not have been setback only 6 months, it could be as much as 12 months. That is, provided they get some apps and customers in the latter half of this year to jumpstart their ecosystem again.
    This is what bothers me as this now seems like a 2 year process, as it will take at least a year plus probably to start seeing webOS on any HP pcs, to drive the ecosystem any more.

Ironically also they fractured bonds with a community that was created and strengthened somewhat with technology and social media tools. They were too old school to properly understand this.
    This is a must read from the CEO of HP talking about HP and Palm products just TWO weeks prior to the February 9 "Think Behind" news.

BBC News - Can Leo Apotheker make Hewlett Packard a cool company?

I especially like the following quotes from him in the article -

"HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he [Leo Apotheker] promises, saying the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.

"I hope one day people will say 'this is as cool as HP', not 'as cool as Apple'," says Mr Apotheker.

And finally talking about HP's stock pricing -

"That bothers me," says Mr Apotheker, "we are undervalued."
    Not having 2.x for the palm pre plus really sucks. I still have another year on my contract before I can upgrade to a new device. I can't afford paying ETF fees to get 2.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Makes sense, well said. AND what they did not think about was how they were leaving those developers who had created 2.0 apps without now a current customer base for half a year or so. And how also any new developers might be put off now from coming into an ecosystem without a vibrant number of other developers to surround them to entice consumers to buy the new apps. Thus they may not have been setback only 6 months, it could be as much as 12 months. That is, provided they get some apps and customers in the latter half of this year to jumpstart their ecosystem again.
    This is what bothers me as this now seems like a 2 year process, as it will take at least a year plus probably to start seeing webOS on any HP pcs, to drive the ecosystem any more.

Ironically also they fractured bonds with a community that was created and strengthened somewhat with technology and social media tools. They were too old school to properly understand this.
    I agree with you 100% on the developer side bluenote. I don't understand that side from a technical standpoint but understand it very well from a business standpoint. Why would a developer put his time and energy into a product line without any customers for 6 months and the knowledge that Palm could desert them again at any given point even after saying they "won't. They have lost considerable credibility with developers. If this economy was better I''d bet that have almost none within the next 6 months. I knew there was a bad sign/storm approaching when about 3 months or more ago a huge application decided to pull their app from Palm. They must have known /got a feeling what was going on and coming down the pipeline.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ast-night.html

^^^
    What an utterly depressing thread. When devs are sour, how should webOS users feel?
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguy88 View Post
    Not having 2.x for the palm pre plus really sucks. I still have another year on my contract before I can upgrade to a new device. I can't afford paying ETF fees to get 2.x.
    I hear you and am in the same boat tnguy88. And I have TWO Palm Pre Plus's one that I use and one for my son. If Palm and Verizon don't make significant amends and by that I mean free Palm Pre 2's and/or almost free Palm Pre 3's I will abandon Verizon at the end of my contract after being with them for probably maybe at least 10+ years now.

Notice I said at the END of my contract because I live up to what I say with companies, expecting them to do the same.
    HP joins all the thieves and liars in the major corp failures of last few years! It is the last straw with HP.

Their printers no longer work well, they promised then reniged. They literally spurned all US customers with this back stabbing move.

My PrePlus was my third Palm over the years, it is now my LAST you thieves!

I call on all current Palm users to boycott all HP products forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ast-night.html

^^^
    What an utterly depressing thread. When devs are sour, how should webOS users feel?
    Whoa - and I thought this thread was depressing. The developer one is now scary depressing.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    The one thing that HP must realize if they want to salvage anything is they need action now, not in the coming months. I am still trying to be positive here, but truth be told a tweet from Adora (sorry I know its not your fault) and a few paragraphs on their website with more promises isn't going to cut it.

They seem to have made their mind up before this, they should have already had a plan ready. Every part of the webOS community besides HP themselves is up in arms. Without customers and developers there is no webOS.

HP seems to be a company with big goals, but no idea how to accomplish them successfully.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have been a Palm User since the days of US Robotics and the Palm Pilot.

I was an early adopter of the Palm Pre and in spite of the fact that it took a step backwards in functionality in terms of the calendar and search. And I stuck it out along with the lack of apps. I bought Pres for everyone in my family.

Now there's unclear answers about "any" WebOS 2.0 support for the earlier devices. You say you want to "look to the future"... by leaving those in the past. My $500/phone investment is soon worthless.

So what does that say about your new devices? Are you going to drop support of them too on a whim? You record doesn't instill any confidence in making that investment.

Marketing 201. It's cheaper to keep a customer coming back than to make new ones. You're leaving the loyal ones behind. Unless you make this right I'll switch to Android.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I just got off Palm chat.... Give them a few weeks.

They are trying to make things right.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post

Seems awfully reminiscent of "in the coming months..."