Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 455051525354555657585960 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1362
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    HP finally announced how they would make it right.

Every user of an legacy webOS device would, when purchasing a new Pre3, Pre2 or Veer phone, receive a coupon.

These coupons will be good for a free meal at Bennigan's (with the purchase of another meal of equal of greater value of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by geigs View Post
    Send you anger to HP. I myself have been with Sprint (Nextel 1st) since 2001, and as nice as it sounds, I don't realistically see myself moving carriers for WebOS.

It's not that I can't, it's just soooo much hassle. I have 4 lines, all with varying contract end dates.

In order to move, I (you, or anyone) would have to keep everyone on whatever phone they're on now until the contracts are all out at the same time, then pay for phones again, with whatever fees, and then start from scratch with a different company.

You'd also lose any great plan or "Premier Customer" status.

It would be great to tell Dan Hesse to go pound sand with his Androids (trust me, I'd love to), but it's just not realistic.
    Luckily my 4 phone contracts all expire on the same date. Unfortunately that date is April ... 2012 ... so I have to live with the per se "lie" for another year +
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    nope I would tell people to wait for the Pre 3 this summer. Current Palm phones are getting rather hard to come by anyway. I might recommend the Pre 2 if someone wanted to experience WebOS but Id most likely tell them to hold off.
    Obviously if you are going to recommend the PRE 3 to anyone, they are not very good friends of yours. What will you say to them when HP / PALM backstabs them in the future with webOS version whatever like they have done to the outstanding customers now.

REMINDER - THEY SOLD their products to us with this feature (OTA updated webOS) as part of the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecz View Post
    Obviously if you are going to recommend the PRE 3 to anyone, they are not very good friends of yours. What will you say to them when HP / PALM backstabs them in the future with webOS version whatever like they have done to the outstanding customers now.

REMINDER - THEY SOLD their products to us with this feature (OTA updated webOS) as part of the deal.
    Look, no one expects their device to be upgradable forever. if they told me months ago my path to 2.x was a Pre2, i would have said..shucks..but fine.

The problem is we were strung around for months, devs were lead to believe 2.x/mojo was where their attention should be, and now we don't know when and with who we can even get a pre3.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    What a bunch of bologna. I am deeply saddened that HP has chosen to ignore and lie to all the loyal Palm customers out there who've been waiting to update their phones. They sold their cell phones with the promise of OTA updates. It's too bad that integrity and honesty are not a part of the HP franchise. Goodbye HP and hello Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by Srycantthnk View Post
    Gah this whole situation sucks... Talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place :/ I am very interested to what they have to say about our collective disgust about yesterdays "announcements"?
    Here's what Leo Apotheker had to say on January 27, 2011 - to BBC News

"HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he [Leo Apotheker] promises, saying the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.

Leo apparently still believes we can't get the BBC here in the U.S. or doesn't know that the www stands for World Wide Web.

And it gets better, Leo further says - "I hope one day people will say 'this is as cool as HP', not 'as cool as Apple'," says Mr Apotheker.

Someone needs to tell Leo to get off his Yacht wherever he has it docked and get in touch with reality, like maybe read the internal business reports in your own company might be a good start.
    I cant say i am sad with what they are doing, i can say that i am ****ED. i waited forever for yesterday, and nothing. whatever they are trying to do to make it right better be worth it and not another let down. It better not be like $50 an unlocked pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    HP finally announced how they would make it right.

Every user of an legacy webOS device would, when purchasing a new Pre3, Pre2 or Veer phone, receive a coupon.

These coupons will be good for a free meal at Bennigan's (with the purchase of another meal of equal of greater value of course).
    Now that makes sense and what a deal ... of course ... Bennigan's went out of business here ...

Just a short two weeks ago here's what Leo had to say to the BBC -

Here's what Leo Apotheker had to say on January 27, 2011 - to BBC News

"HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he [Leo Apotheker] promises, saying the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.

Leo apparently still believes we can't get the BBC here in the U.S. or doesn't know that the www stands for World Wide Web.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Don't people understand how slow the palm pre runs? Why on earth would they make it even slower for the few users left. Are you under the impression that everyone overclocks their phone or something. When I used the pre man that thing was so slow. Painfully slow and sluggish.

My pre runs at 1ghz, its plenty fast for anything i want to do and not class topping by any means but its still on par with current mid to mid high range android phones... palm could easily include a kernel that runs at 720 or 800mhz, a pretty safe range for the pre....and make up for the lack of memory in the pre minus with compcache. I don't know how you used you pre, but im pretty sure you did it wrong, because its still a perfectly capable phone. Also you come across as a jerk, just so you know. This website is called precentral, so presumably most of us are user's of pre's and don't really need your half baked observations from your fleeting experience with the thing... in short, go back to 4chan troll
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    Woah woah woah woah woah.
    Does anyone else see what this means?

This means O2 Pre Pluses are getting upgraded, and ATT and Verizon ones aren't?

Does that strike ANYONE as anything other than a moneygrab?

Does that not put a massive hole in the arguement that the Pre Pluses can't handle webos 2.0, and the arguement that they're not putting the time into it?

Anyone, explain to me how this doesn't prove conclusively that HP just wants us to upgrade.
    No no no you've misunderstood them. It's not a "moneygrab" it's a "bait and switch" tactic. To prove that you can go right now to the Palm web site and reserve your HP Pre 2 for only $99.99 with a new two year contract. And if you don't qualify yet for a two year "new" contract you can buy one out right from Verizon for $449.99. [U.S. pricing] See they made you sign up with the promise your Pre Plus would be upgraded over the air to new webOS platforms including webOS 2.0 IE BAITED you then said oops on their big announcement day (Think Behind) you can only get that on their Palm Pre 2 now IE SWITCHED you. If it was a moneygrab by HP you'd actually switch to one of THEIR devices in the future, then HP would get the money. But instead Verizon, Sprint, AT&T etc and iPhone, HTC, etc are actually going to get the 'moneygrab' since HP baited us and now we switch phones to another manufacturer.
    I have 2.0 on my sprint pre. You can pm me if you want more info
    Any of you running that 2.0.1 beta doctor, are you having issues with it seeing any of the files you copy onto the USB partition? Like not seeing any pics/wallpapers, save/restore files, etc?

Edit: Nevermind..
    Last edited by volcom45; 02/10/2011 at 08:49 PM.
    well to be honest I'm extremely upset. They are messing up. At the same time over on palms blog their "working on making things right". They already said when the pre 3 releases they would do something special for us. After todays statement it seems like they're working on an OTA for us. Something that uses the old framework used for the legacy devices. I doubt it'll be anything 2.0 and above. I'm thinking more along the lines of 1.8 or .9. Also being that I'm not interested in any other OS and I choose my carrier then my phone. This means I'm sticking with sprint and I might as well keep my pre. I mean what's the point of leaving and getting an iphone when the new one will be out with the pre 3. So it's like ima have to wait either way.
    Frustrated to have to wait to find out what options will be. Just hope pre 3 is available for sprint customers.
    HP you are loosing a faithful group of followers that can talk down all of your new WebOS products no matter how great they look on paper. I have been waiting for 2.0 for a long time and Flash as well. As we all have. A lot of us are all going to jump ship if you don't keep your promises. Spend more money making it work for those faithful few and word of mouth will make your new WebOS products sell even more.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    In Fairness, I did get this reply -
    Thank you for taking the time to email HP. HP regrets the inconvenience and frustration; we are working on getting the answers to the many questions from the WebOS community. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
    CEO Customer Relations
    This was in response to My email I noted in Post #928

And as PreCantral noted in the "official HP Palm Blog"
    Zilber does add this:

We’re working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. We’ll be sharing the specifics with you when they’re ready
    I'm starting to calm down about this. I think if there were performance issues with 2.x on Pre and Pre plus, then Palm made the right call. In the end, maybe this works out in our favor. After all, the only thing better than new software is new hardware!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    It seems no one caught the drift of my image..
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5048/66215307.png
    Sprint has a chance.
    And it's in the coming weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by deewalker View Post
    HP you are loosing a faithful group of followers that can talk down all of your new WebOS products no matter how great they look on paper. I have been waiting for 2.0 for a long time and Flash as well. As we all have. A lot of us are all going to jump ship if you don't keep your promises. Spend more money making it work for those faithful few and word of mouth will make your new WebOS products sell even more.
    deewalker

They have made the decision that it is cheaper to spend money on marketing than making it work for their 5 million + current users and building on that base of users who have preached their products worthiness compared to the competition. I am sure they have done a marketing study / cost analysis that told them they could get about 2 million of the five million to stay with delays and thus no cost, and get much more than 3 million new users easily by spending money on advertising and not on delivering what they promised in writing. On their own official HP Palm Blog they relased this as part of their statement.

"Rest assured that the HP team has been hearing these concerns. To make the experience you’ll have with the Veer, Pre 3, and TouchPad as powerful as possible, we’ve had to make some tough decisions that had an impact on our earlier webOS devices."

What they are really saying is the heck with what we told you in the past, we decided to do this instead. You don't like it, go elsewhere with your business. Our lawyers have reviewed it, we believe our exposure is minimal.

The real funny part is that many people are buying into it without realizing and thinking if they did it "to" them, what would prevent them from doing "it" to me?