Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1362
    Gah this whole situation sucks... Talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place :/ I am very interested to what they have to say about our collective disgust about yesterdays "announcements"?
    Haha just called Palm Canada Customer Support...they said that webOS 2.0 was specifically designed for the Pre 2, and was not meant for the Pre-. Guess they never had any intention of delivering it to us...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hey all,
    From earlier I promised I'd post if I heard back from Palm. Believe it or not, I just got a call back from Palm Corporate Customer Service. Her name was Cindy, a very nice woman who I could tell was having a long day because of so many people expressing their anger with HP/Palm. I flat out asked her....I'm an original Sprint/Pre user, what am I supposed to do now?. Her response was pretty much "There isn't much you can do at this point, you are certainly not the only person we've heard from today and customers like yourself need to be heard. Keep checking the webos-info website for further updates".

I actually believe her, I'm in sales and can smell a bs'er from a mile away. I can tell Cindy has been on the phone all day trying to weather the storm and that it hasn't been as rosey an experience 2/9 was supposed to be. I did tell her to let her managers know if they want to talk to a loyal, longtime user I'm all ears. I don't believe I'll get this phone call but I also didn't believe earlier today that I'd ever hear from HP/Palm this afternoon. Who knows, all I do know is no one from HP/Palm has been able to answer my question. Once again, baffling....
    Motorola Microtec > Audiovox 9100 > Motorola T720/Palm m505 > Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    What was the phone number you called vladdddy to get them to call you back?
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdddy View Post
    Hey all,
    From earlier I promised I'd post if I heard back from Palm. Believe it or not, I just got a call back from Palm Corporate Customer Service. Her name was Cindy, a very nice woman who I could tell was having a long day because of so many people expressing their anger with HP/Palm. I flat out asked her....I'm an original Sprint/Pre user, what am I supposed to do now?. Her response was pretty much "There isn't much you can do at this point, you are certainly not the only person we've heard from today and customers like yourself need to be heard. Keep checking the webos-info website for further updates".

I actually believe her, I'm in sales and can smell a bs'er from a mile away. I can tell Cindy has been on the phone all day trying to weather the storm and that it hasn't been as rosey an experience 2/9 was supposed to be. I did tell her to let her managers know if they want to talk to a loyal, longtime user I'm all ears. I don't believe I'll get this phone call but I also didn't believe earlier today that I'd ever hear from HP/Palm this afternoon. Who knows, all I do know is no one from HP/Palm has been able to answer my question. Once again, baffling....
    I really feel sorry for employees that have to deal with this kinda nonsense instead the people who actually MADE the descisions.
    Last edited by naughtynazgul; 02/10/2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Okay, I'm sorry, but that is driving me crazy!

It's have to deal with it.

The word half is a measurement.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Oops. Can't believe i missed that! xD
    Woah woah woah woah woah.
    Does anyone else see what this means?

This means O2 Pre Pluses are getting upgraded, and ATT and Verizon ones aren't?

Does that strike ANYONE as anything other than a moneygrab?

Does that not put a massive hole in the arguement that the Pre Pluses can't handle webos 2.0, and the arguement that they're not putting the time into it?

Anyone, explain to me how this doesn't prove conclusively that HP just wants us to upgrade.
    just a few words on ota update

a few weeks ago i talked with chat support about some errors in 1.4.5 (like no sound in interactive sound test, because they are corrupted)

and the nice guy told me, there will be a uüdate the comming weeks for my pixi, yeah, my ***...
    Quote Originally Posted by VzwPrePlus View Post
    Did this with my Pre Plus on Verizon. I get the message "We are working on alternative plans with Verizon and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more."

Anything less than a free upgrade to a Pre 2 or 3 and I am gone when my contract ends in October.
    I would gladly pay $100 for a Pre 3, especially if it did not require me to renew my contract for an additional 2 years (i realize its just a pipe-dream though)

Heck if I could by a Pre 3 at contract price without having to renew my contract I would probably be happy...

why should I have to renew my contract to get the features that I was promised with my previous phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    Is there an effective route that we can complain to HP about this? I mean, griping on this site is therapeutic, but not effective. Their facebook? Their Support chat? Emails? If you have a lead on a good route, post it, maybe we can all inundate it.
    Yes there is a CEO email web page address at HP - Palm that can be sued. PreCentral is not letting me post it because they say I do not have ten postings (although I posted at least 20 times yesterday). You can get it at Palms web page in some of the posted reactions to their postings about it or email me and I'll send you the link.
    I have been a loyal Palm customer for over 10 years & this is the loyalty HP (Palm) show me. Well I am very sad to say this, but it I think it is time to move to a company that shows loyalty to it's customers.

Does HP realise that there most important asset is customers without us there will be no HP. By annoying their customer base and alienating them they are only going to lose them.

Don't get me wrong I think Palm is a great company, WebOS is great. But to announce we (loyal customers) have to wait 4 months at a minimum to update our ageing hardware & then to rub salt into the wound that in the meantime we can not enjoy a free update to keep us, is the ast straw. I waited through the long dark days of the slow death of Palm OS, but have to wait yet again is too much.

Goodbye Palm.

Also remember that I hhave sold many devices to other people by recommendation. My recomendation now is stay clear of HP, they don't give a s&*t!!!
    One more voice.

I have a UK launch day Pre. I like it and use it a lot. Those OTA updates [remember them] are cool aren't they? Apparently there are more on the way. Just in the next few weeks. Probably just after that big event in February... Oh!

I own abandonware (again) (I used to have a Palm Tx). Gee thanks. Truly remarkable customer relations.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    There is an old adage that says, "the squeaky wheel, gets the oil". If you really want to make an impact on HP I'd suggest that you use every means possible to contact them stating your disappointment.
    1. e-mail the CEO[/URL]
    2. Call the Commercial Relations Department, Corporate Office for Commercial Products at 888-943-8476.
    3. Tweet about it to @palm.
    4. Post on the Facebook page. (I don't know the name yet, maybe somebody else can provide the name.)
    5. Chat with technical support.
    6. Post on this form, don't just lurk.

Please be polite. Understand that the person you are talking to has no power to make a change. Remind them what was promised last November, then in January and when the original Pre was released. Tell them that their own website promised flash and that the only way you can get flash is with a webOS 2.x update. Tell them that the vague language they're currently using is unacceptable. That you need a more concrete time frame.

What you are trying to do here is make a statement that management will hear. If enough calls are made and e-mail messages sent and tweets made, someone in executive management is bound to hear. Make sure that you call, e-mail and chat to technical support for each device you own. If they are inundated with requests and feel the pain they may decide to make a change.

So please be nice and swamp them as much as you can with requests for a webOS 2.x update.

PS Sorry for giving out a USA only phone number. Maybe someone else can provide the international number.
    The Facebook page is "Palm".
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    Palm is working with your carrier to provide a software update for your device.

Please return to palm.com/webos-info in the coming weeks to find out more.

Your current device:

Palm Pre Plus on O2.
    I've seen a couple posts like yours saying an upgrade to 2.x is in the pipelines. What they all have in common is they are non-US Pre+ users. So it looks like non-US webos users will get an update while US users will not. That makes JRube look like a liar.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    don't know what to say

• no update for early adopters
    • now fragmentation problems for developers with a small user base (in opposite to android)
    • no new devices soon

what is this mess almighty hp?

Just spam the feedback form !!!! click below:

-
    i just sent a message using the form you link to. my captcha word was "loss." I mentioned this irony in my message, stating that HP's loss would be android's gain.
    I just tried AT&T Pre Plus and it says :Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

So Vodafone Pre Plus is able to support 2.0, but AT&T Pre Plus is not? They are obviously the same device except for the antenna.

Even if they release 2.0 for some devices, but not all, they could seriously get sued just because of nonsense like this.
    I think a class action would be very appropriate.

What were they thinking by the way? How can you let shareholders define you strategy? It's obvious they are trying hard to make profit out of the acquisition, but you can't think short term and take shortcuts like that: let's cut them off and they will buy new ones. It's just not that simple. Sony Ericsson tried it many times, and they didn't get far. You want people to buy new devices, innovate. And if you really need to, cut the support and updates of old devices after a few product cycles, and not after 1 or 2.

But at the end, they are all corporations, and the their main goal is profit, not customer satisfaction. Unless it is necessary to make profit. And this is where they are making mistakes.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    just saw a link to this note popup on my facebook:
    The Official HP Palm Blog: Thanks (really!) for the feedback

Yesterday was packed with announcements about our latest products, partners, and personnel. We heard some great feedback about the excitement around our news.

And we also heard some concerns and frustration about a few specific issues, such as a lack of detail around product availability timing and pricing, and especially about the absence of future over-the-air updates for older webOS phones.

Rest assured that the HP team has been hearing these concerns. To make the experience you’ll have with the Veer, Pre 3, and TouchPad as powerful as possible, we’ve had to make some tough decisions that had an impact on our earlier webOS devices.

Our original expectation was that we’d be able to support older phones as well as the new product line. But ultimately it became clear that we would need to choose between supporting the past with over-the-air updates and ensuring that our upcoming devices would live up to your hopes and expectations for them. It was a difficult and, frankly, painful decision for us, and we realize it was a frustrating outcome for many of you.

We’re working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. We’ll be sharing the specifics with you when they’re ready. Although some of the outcry has been a little hard to take, we also appreciate the fact that you care enough about what we’re doing to express your reactions. (And we even manage to get a chuckle out of some of your more pointed criticism – yes, jonnybryce, I’m talking about you.)

Jon Zilber
    New announcement from HPalm:
    The Official HP Palm Blog: Thanks (really!) for the feedback

Another bunch of vague statements..go figure!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    Yea this sucks, but I guess this is just how life is.

How is this any different then Apple and Android phones? When ios 4 came out, the original iphone was not supported. Likewise with Android where some phones don't get upgrades to the latest version.

Sure, maybe they shouldn't have said they would update to begin with, but even if they said right off the bat they wouldn't update the original phones, everyone would be ****ed off. Also, 3 months ago when Palm originally stated that all phones would get webOS 2, that was pretty much Palm doing the talking, not HP. Things have changed since then, and now that HP is fully in charge with Palm no longer even in existance brandwise... thats what happens.

My phone will last till the summer, so I'll stick it out. If your phone can't last, the Pre 2 is now out for ATT and Verizon, so if you use those two providers and are desperate for webos 2 now, you are in luck and can pick one up. If you have an old decrepit pre original on sprint, you can still convert it to a pre plus or I remember there was a guy (or company) who you paid like $20 bucks to get your converted. $20 bucks isn't bad to basically get a brand new upgraded phone.

So, there are still options, and who knows, maybe webos 2 will be released, just not OTA. I'd be ok with that. Either way when summer comes around, you might just want a new phone anyway, in which case boom: pre 3. problem solved.
    I respectfully disagree zemoffm.

HP Palm originally advertised that their webOS updates would be seamless and done over the air to your device. They marketed it that way, sold it that way, told the reps at my Verizon store to sell it that way, and then further they posted on their web site that way, and posted messages to the media that way. Then on their "big announcement" day ("Think Behind") they backhandedly said they were not going to do what they said and and how they sold their devices. That is why people are ticked off.