Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1362
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Definitely report back once you hear something. Sounds like a interesting lead!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Remember back when the Pre was brand shiny new and they had OTA updates once every two weeks? Ahhhh, the good old days.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I called the Palm support line to express my concern, and asked how I could get in touch with HP to encourage them to continue to provide updates. I was given the web address of online support.

It wasn't easy to find out where to send an e-mail, so I finally did a "Live Chat". The girl (Denise) was very polite, even though it is evident that she just copied and pasted my original comment to the "reply" line. She did, however, say that she would make a note of it. Here is a transcript:

10:50 AM Connecting...
    10:50 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    10:50 AM Support session established with Denise.

10:50 AM Denise: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. Please give me a moment to review the info you provided.
    10:51 AM Bill ********: Thank you
    10:53 AM Denise: Based on the problem description that you provided, I understand that you would like to express your concern about HP's decision not provided updates for the Pre and Pixi phones. You would like to know as to how you can encourage HP to provide support for those who have been loyal users for years, is that correct?
    10:54 AM Bill ********: Yes
    10:55 AM Denise: I can understand how that would be frustrating.
    10:56 AM Denise: I’ll make a note of the concerns that you mentioned.
    10:56 AM Bill ********: Thank you. I have been a Palm customer for over 10 years, and I hope to continue/
    10:57 AM Denise: I would also suggest that you visit the following website: palm.com/us/company/feedback.html to provide your concerns through there. Customer input is an important consideration when we make enhancements and introduce new features. Changes such as this are delivered automatically by our over-the-air update system.
    10:57 AM Bill ********: I appreciate your help. I will go to that address.
    10:57 AM Denise: You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    10:58 AM Bill ********: I hope that is all.
    10:58 AM Denise: In any case, I'm glad that I was able to assist you. Here’s the reference number for our chat: Chat session ID number ********. Keep this number as a record of this chat, and if you need to call our Voice Support team or contact us again for this same issue, please refer to this number.
    10:58 AM Denise: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance. After this chat, you will receive a Palm survey about the services that I've given to you today. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey that you’ll receive via email. We rely on your suggestions and feedback to help us provide the best support. Have a great day!

10:58 AM Bill ********: You also.
    our old phones are like arnie vs the tx in t3 when he says he's an obsolete design and that the tx is faster,stronger,and more intelligent.hey hp! im jumping ship! sorry sprint..but i think its time i try a phone thats more stable and its company stands by with support.yes android and iphone are looking good but i always had a knack for windows phones.rest in peace palm pre 01/01/10-01/01/11.
    Im pretty sure you will just get replies like " we have no information on if or when new devices will come to sprint. you will be notified when something becomes available." They wont give you a straight answer. If they wanted anyone to know, they would have announced it yesterday.
    I just saw the last line: ********* you also. lol
    I did one of those chats once. You think whoever was on the other end was even human?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I just saw the last line: ********* you also. lol
    I did one of those chats once. You think whoever was on the other end was even human?
    My name Peggy
    ^ HAHAHAHAHLOL

Isn't my free Verizon mobile hotspot tied to this device? Even a nice upgrade path may cost me this feature when the device I have was supposed to be upgradeable.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Im still not sure why you called in the first place.
    WARNING PREACHY LIFE IS GOOD COMMENT BELOW IGNORE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT

One of the blessings of this is how well it highlights how lucky we are. Honestly how good to we have it if we are have the energy and resources to be upset about what bits and bites are loaded onto some expensive piece of technology?

sorry if this is a buzz kill for you if you wanted to remain angry, I was just watching the egyptian protests and thought how good I have it.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    My name Peggy
    THAT'S Funny!
    I hope Peggy/Denise wasn't offended - those ************'s were just blocking out my name!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    HP are not in touch with reality. I for one are going to say goodbye HP if there is no update to webos 2
    I agree with the OP about the lack of a plan. It's as if HP didn't expect a backlash.

look, I know they promised and didn't deliver,but if the Pre 3 is available on Sprint I'll be happy that the Pre lasted its 2 years. What I'm not happy about is all the back and forth and empty promises. Reach a decision, make a statement and stick to it.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Yea this sucks, but I guess this is just how life is.

How is this any different then Apple and Android phones? When ios 4 came out, the original iphone was not supported. Likewise with Android where some phones don't get upgrades to the latest version.

Sure, maybe they shouldn't have said they would update to begin with, but even if they said right off the bat they wouldn't update the original phones, everyone would be ****ed off. Also, 3 months ago when Palm originally stated that all phones would get webOS 2, that was pretty much Palm doing the talking, not HP. Things have changed since then, and now that HP is fully in charge with Palm no longer even in existance brandwise... thats what happens.

My phone will last till the summer, so I'll stick it out. If your phone can't last, the Pre 2 is now out for ATT and Verizon, so if you use those two providers and are desperate for webos 2 now, you are in luck and can pick one up. If you have an old decrepit pre original on sprint, you can still convert it to a pre plus (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-guide.html) or I remember there was a guy (or company) who you paid like $20 bucks to get your converted. $20 bucks isn't bad to basically get a brand new upgraded phone.

So, there are still options, and who knows, maybe webos 2 will be released, just not OTA. I'd be ok with that. Either way when summer comes around, you might just want a new phone anyway, in which case boom: pre 3. problem solved.
    In case it hasn't been mentioned, most existing Sprint customers will be charged an additional $10 monthly fee on each line that activates a new smartphone after January 31st of this year. I'd much rather have an updated OS on my Pixi than upgrade my device and pay $120/year extra for a non-4G device. Balls.
    It looks like we're discussing two separate frustrations here:

1. The fact existing WebOS devices won't be able to receive WebOS updates (2.0)
    2. It appears Sprint may not carry the new WebOS devices

I am not happy with either scenario, but if Sprint doesn't carry the new devices, I will be truly upset. I was able to upgrade last June and have been holding off for a new WebOS device. If I am not able to get a new one this Spring, I will be ****ed! I just don't know if my anger should be directed to Sprint or HP (Palm) - who's decision is it?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    WARNING PREACHY LIFE IS GOOD COMMENT BELOW IGNORE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT

One of the blessings of this is how well it highlights how lucky we are. Honestly how good to we have it if we are have the energy and resources to be upset about what bits and bites are loaded onto some expensive piece of technology?

sorry if this is a buzz kill for you if you wanted to remain angry, I was just watching the egyptian protests and thought how good I have it.
    I think it's fair to say in comparison to their plight, our problem with webOS is pretty insignificant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    It looks like we're discussing two separate frustrations here:

1. The fact existing WebOS devices won't be able to receive WebOS updates (2.0)
    2. It appears Sprint may not carry the new WebOS devices

I am not happy with either scenario, but if Sprint doesn't carry the new devices, I will be truly upset. I was able to upgrade last June and have been holding off for a new WebOS device. If I am not able to get a new one this Spring, I will be ****ed! I just don't know if my anger should be directed to Sprint or HP (Palm) - who's decision is it?
    I think it's a little of both. For example, Sprint might say, we want to carry your next device, but we want all of our smartphones to have wimax. HP then decides to keep the traditional 3g radio and not add wimax, to which Sprint refuses to carry.