Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1362
    [QUOTE=kill_Dano;2860598]
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's the only drawback? You have no idea what your takling about. Don't give people bad advice./QUOTE]

I have it on 2 Pres. Have had it for about 2 weeks. I think I'm in a position to give advice. What makes you think there are more draw backs? I'll tell you there are plenty of drawback for staying on 1.4.5.
    Does it allow you to save your bookmarks? It doesn't on my old pre plus, but maybe thats a limitation from bypassing a profile and making it a dev device.. I heard other things like it doesn't hangup calls right, etc. What's been your success rate on daily processes so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I have it on 2 Pres. Have had it for about 2 weeks. I think I'm in a position to give advice. What makes you think there are more draw backs? I'll tell you there are plenty of drawback for staying on 1.4.5.
    Haha! No your not. I know for a fact there are potential major issues with using those. If you got them through the correct channels, you'd know too. But you didn't. So shut up before you end up screwing people over.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Haha! No your not. I know for a fact there are potential major issues with using those. If you got them through the correct channels, you'd know too. But you didn't. So shut up before you end up screwing people over.

Hey Garrett, what are the major issues?

Garrett, can you give the rest of us a quick rundown of the potential issues you know about? I've seen tidbits here and there about the issue with potentially and irreversibly messing up your palm profile, but not much more than that.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    There is an old adage that says, "the squeaky wheel, gets the oil". If you really want to make an impact on HP I'd suggest that you use every means possible to contact them stating your disappointment.
    1. e-mail the CEO
    2. Call the Commercial Relations Department, Corporate Office for Commercial Products at 888-943-8476.
    3. Tweet about it to @palm.
    4. Post on the Facebook page. (I don't know the name yet, maybe somebody else can provide the name.)
    5. Chat with technical support.
    6. Post on this form, don't just lurk.

Please be polite. Understand that the person you are talking to has no power to make a change. Remind them what was promised last November, then in January and when the original Pre was released. Tell them that their own website promised flash and that the only way you can get flash is with a webOS 2.x update. Tell them that the vague language they're currently using is unacceptable. That you need a more concrete time frame.

What you are trying to do here is make a statement that management will hear. If enough calls are made and e-mail messages sent and tweets made, someone in executive management is bound to hear. Make sure that you call, e-mail and chat to technical support for each device you own. If they are inundated with requests and feel the pain they may decide to make a change.

So please be nice and swamp them as much as you can with requests for a webOS 2.x update.

PS Sorry for giving out a USA only phone number. Maybe someone else can provide the international number.
    Last edited by tannyo; 02/10/2011 at 01:58 PM.
    This is how i feel about the lack of an update

its age appropriate because seriously, I have better things to worry about, but I'm still all ARRRHARHARHHGAGGHAA! even if i feel embarrassed about it
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Garrett, can you give the rest of us a quick rundown of the potential issues you know about? I've seen tidbits here and there about the issue with potentially and irreversibly messing up your palm profile, but not much more than that.
    In not sure what I can really say... Just don't use your current Profile. Make a new one if you use those Doctors. Any other issues can be fixed by Doctoring back to 1.4.5.

Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    There is an old adage that says, "the squeaky wheel, gets the oil". If you really want to make an impact on HP I'd suggest that you use every means possible to contact them stating your disappointment.

So please be nice and swamp them as much as you can with requests for a webOS 2.x update.
    That, or a confirmation of the Pre3 coming to Sprint. I won't necessarily mind upgrading to the newest flagship device to get webOS 2.0, as long as at least I CAN upgrade to the newest device.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    1. e-mail the CEO
    2. Call the Commercial Relations Department, Corporate Office for Commercial Products at 888-943-8476.
    3. Tweet about it to @palm.
    4. Post on the Facebook page. (I don't know the name yet, maybe somebody else can provide the name.)
    5. Chat with technical support.
    6. Post on this form, don't just lurk.

Please be polite. Understand that the person you are talking to has no power to make a change. Remind them what was promised last November, then in January and when the original Pre was released. Tell them that their own website promised flash and that the only way you can get flash is with a webOS 2.x update. Tell them that the vague language they're currently using is unacceptable. That you need a more concrete time frame.

What you are trying to do here is make a statement that management will hear. If enough calls are made and e-mail messages sent and tweets made, someone in executive management is bound to hear. Make sure that you call, e-mail and chat to technical support for each device you own. If they are inundated with requests and feel the pain they may decide to make a change.

PS Sorry for getting out a USA only phone number. Maybe someone else can provide the international number.
    well said. i've been doing the same with sprint as well with regards to webOS phones. i'm amazed at the number of angry posts on these forums and yet very little response and/or confirmation that people are actually doing something about it.

so to all who are upset at the recent developments. the above poster's advice is a very good one. i hope everyone takes the advice and make our collective voices heard by people other than ourselves.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I think if they offered WebOS 2.x to current devices, most would use it until the new device was released, then purchase it. I'm sure the loyal users on this site are just a small drop in the bucket in the mind of HP. I don't have a launch day Pre (Aug 09), but the HB community is the only reason I stuck around. I haven't had any issues with my Pre, but it does suck that even HP promised us the update.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpre View Post
    I think if they offered WebOS 2.x to current devices, most would use it until the new device was released, then purchase it. I'm sure the loyal users on this site are just a small drop in the bucket in the mind of HP. I don't have a launch day Pre (Aug 09), but the HB community is the only reason I stuck around. I haven't had any issues with my Pre, but it does suck that even HP promised us the update.
    That's it! If we had webOS 2.x to use while waiting for the Touchpad and Pre 3, I believe that many would wait. I'm sure that after an official webOS 2.x update that the webosinternals guys would quickly provide an overclocked version making it more palatable to live with old hardware until the new hardware is released sometime this "summer".
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post

its age appropriate because seriously, I have better things to worry about, but I'm still all ARRRHARHARHHGAGGHAA! even if i feel embarrassed about it
    To follow your theme, this is what HP is doing to loyal customers:

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    well said. i've been doing the same with sprint as well with regards to webOS phones. i'm amazed at the number of angry posts on these forums and yet very little response and/or confirmation that people are actually doing something about it.

so to all who are upset at the recent developments. the above poster's advice is a very good one. i hope everyone takes the advice and make our collective voices heard by people other than ourselves.
    webOS / Sprint users, ASSEMBLE!!!!
    I wouldn't be embarrassed about feeling that way. I'm feeling it too.

My need for 2.0 was pretty simple. Is it too much to ask to get a working PDF viewer?

Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    To follow your theme, this is what HP is doing to loyal customers:

why are we fat kids who seem to have problems with balance?

seriously, we all know companies are companies, and money is money.

but for us super users its the breach of trust, promising one thing, then completely going back on it. We the loyal are the most hurt by this as for many of us these gadgets are a bit of a hobby, certainly I have branched into development myself.

I have two views of this, one, a new and learning developer the other a gadget geek. those two aren't very happy about how this was handled.

the rational day to day part of me, that you know, makes a living unrelated to gadgets and has a family, is not surprised or really angry, its expected from an HP sized company that they lie and mislead us where it suits them.

I have alot of questions still, and given how awesome chuq adora and the other dev relations team have been to me in the past, I expect that this is a big ugly bump in the road, and they will have alot to say about it soon.

I don't feel shot in the back, as much as disrespected

and thats really what is upsetting, its the disrespect shown by not
    1) saying directly that it might be a problem to bring 2.x to legacy devices back a few months ago.

2) saying to us directly they are sorry that they were wrong, that they will try to make amends, but aren't sure how, and explain why, in non marketing speak that many of us could see through easily, this needed to happen. be straight. if it is costing too many resources, say so, don't beat around the bush, be forward with me.

respect is what long time customers deserve in exchange for loyalty.

thats all
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I think HP just lost a bunch of current palm customers/potential future customers with discontinuing support for legacy devices. Plus the lack of a clear date of availability for the updated hardware I see Summer 2008 release being repeated all over again.
    It's still hard to believe that HP/Palm would just drop all of their users. Personal feelings of betrayal aside, this is a pretty big blunder.

"Your hardware can't run WebOS2.0"

That means *no* current hardware can run it. Isn't that kind of a problem?

I mean, I understand when old hardware become obsolete (especially phones lately) and the desire to gently nudge users of the oldest products toward the later products, but *there are no later products* currently! And there won't be for 6 months! All users are on the old product, so instead of gently nudging users toward the next product, they not so gently dumped *all* of their users on their butts!

I would think that HP/Palm they would want to cling to the users they have left! Why start from scratch again? It was difficult enough keeping people during the PalmOS->WebOS transition.

WebOS 2/3, Enyo, Pre3, TouchPad all look great, but the platform will have 0 users on launch day. And they'll be beaten to market by iPad2 and Xoom.

Major blunder.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Sprint/Pre user here and with the recent news not being the best, I decided it's time to ruffle some feathers.

I go to the Palm website and can't find an obvious/good customer service # for me to vent on. I then remember I have some old Palm #'s in my phone. I find 877-426-3777, call it and get what I would say is "customer service level 1". I tell the person I have one question for them....I'm an original Sprint/Pre user, what am I supposed to do now?. He told me to check out the webos-info website, I told him I already did and nothing favorable comes up. He stammers over everything he's trying to tell me. I ask to talk to his manager and two minutes later I'm talking to Joe, the manager.

Once again I ask the same question....I'm an original Sprint/Pre user, what am I supposed to do now?. Joe starts telling me to check out the webos-info website and I tell him I already did. He offers me an accessory kit and I say "thanks but what good will that do me?". I asked Joe the question again and he simply didn't have an answer. This is when I asked to talk to *HIS* manager. Joe told me he'd be passing my contact information along to HP/Palm's Corporate Customer Service team and that I'd be hearing from them within 24 hours. I will definitely report back if/when I'm contacted!

What bugs me here...it seems like HP/Palm doesn't have a plan (at least a good one) when it comes to satisfying us early adopters. It's almost like we're just being considered a sunk cost. One thing I've found to be true most of the time in business...it is easier to do <more> business with established customers than to find new ones.

Is HP just ditching Sprint and hoping we all migrate over to whomever will carry the Pre 3? Baffling to say the least....
    Motorola Microtec > Audiovox 9100 > Motorola T720/Palm m505 > Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm Pre
    To be honest I dont know if I am going to jump ship. I love WebOS. I loved palm. they did their part in supporting hardware across the board. Its nice to see Hp release new hardware and make improvements to WebOS. The Pre is old and Maybe it doesnt work just the way they thought with webos 2.0. I am more hurt they they would lie to their customers and keep them waiting, keep teasing new features, 3 months ago state on stage that I it will be coming. Then Just say no. Knowing that HP would just drop loyal customers like that scares me. We paid good money for our phones and will pay good money in the future. Just to be seen that it might mean nothing to HP. If I buy the pre 3 in Summer, aka prob sept, and they release a new phone in Feb. What are the chances of future updates for the pre 3? Hp likes to push new hardware and move people off the old stuff as fast as possible. I want long term support and good customer service. IDK if HP can grant that.
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    EXACT same scenario for me 3 hours ago. I was even just curious if any info would become available.. but in reality, my DroidX just came in at that same time - so I didnt bother to press the issue much further than ensuring 'Gabriel' the rep. and my file recorded my frustration of this non-sensible ordeal.