Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 55 ... LastLast
    Never buying a product again from hp or webos! I want a full refund on my phone which promised flash compatibility years ago. Now my phone has been discontinued. The only reason for releasing the stupid palm pre 2 was for them to validate their reasoning for screwing their entire current customerbase that if you want webos 2.x you have to buy that one (where in-fact none of us can even get an upgrade if we purchased a palm pre plus back in january of last year with a 2 year contract). Verizon should do the honorable thing and give us the palm pre 2 for a heavily discounted price. It's not like they're going to sell them otherwise
    So thats it, we waited all the time for flash, but all we get was lies....
    So never trust HPalm...

I wished HTC had bought webos
    So thats it, we waited all the time for flash, but all we get was lies....
    So never trust HPalm...

I wished HTC had bought webos
    Where is our masked Pre defender when we need him most?
    it's weird that they didn't even mentioned it. I have seen a webos 2.0.1 developer version floating in the internet (sorry, can't mention where) which is December 2010 build. I it is very complete, even has voice dialing and everything, but it still needed some work to fix essential bugs.

But if since December 2010, webos 2.0 was almost complete, I really don't understand why haven't they released it, this sucks very much

Hope they come with the good news at least the end of this month or I'll be jumping ships.

tip: search my nickname if it is what u want
    wow, such hostility. really folks, you only like your pre and webos becuase of the prospect of a future update? isnt what webos is and has been good enough for you? i am quite happy w/ webos and what it does w/out 2.0. it still beats andriod as far as mulititasking, tweeks, and asthetic is concerened. and 2.0 wasnt going to do anything for your hardware needs anyway. the reason behind this decesion is probably becuase most pre users do not have their phones overclocked and flash support on a 500mhz phone would suck.
    redundant I am with you, I will be taking my 5 lines and jumping, I just have not decided what carrier, cause Sprint lost all value to me, first with there stupid event and now with the news they not getting any hp products. Forget it I cant wait till the release of ipad2 and iphone5 thats when i make my move, Sprint = R.I.P long side with PALM
    Welcome to the world of fragmentation.

You guys always pointed this out as a negative of Android.

Fragmentation is not a bad thing.
    It is actually good.

IT MEANS THAT WHATEVER OS HAS MOVED TO THE POINT WHERE IT CANNOT RUN ON THE OLD DEVICES WITHOUT THOSE DEVICES BEING OVERCLOCKED ETC.

I just love the fact that now no one can whine about "android fragmentation"
    This is my first time posting and go figure it's on a day like today... you all at HP are a bunch of lying pieces of ! I've been loyal to palm for a long time (treo 600,700 and now pre) and this is how you treat me (us)? WebOS 2.0 by the end of the 2010, flash support by the end of 2010! I guess the jokes on us today. A thanks however is in store....you just made my phone upgrade to Android in 3 weeks an easy one.
    Not like Id keep my Pre over the Pre3 but this will be a big assuming Sprint will adpot it anytime soon. This could be another major slap in the face but they did say we would get "A path to upgrade." Whatever that is....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    It does suck, but time lines do change. Would you rather have 100% R&D on new products of 50% on legacy devices and 50% on new devices.

I'll choose the 100% thanks. Plus i'm sure they'll put 2.x on the legacy devices sometime, just not OTA. No big deal. I look forward to the new devices.
    Sprint Love
    I guess if you get an update over the pc and get OTA updates after that it's half bad. But seriously HP just can't get their act together. We really should go viral. Twitter anyone?
  13. rayhollister
    EPIC FAIL. The only things I wanted to know today were only things that they said nothing about: 2.x for Pre or Pre Plus, and dates and prices for new devices. HP Palm needs to get on the horn quickly with a press release and explain what the heck this "path to webOS 2.x" is, or a lot of us are jumping ship. I am so sick of being lied to. At least with iOS you know you're getting *@&%ed in the %^$! Maybe this is just HP's way of thinning the herd. I'm starting to wonder if this sort of crap had anything to do with the HP and Palm talent that has jumped ship lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    wow, such hostility. really folks, you only like your pre and webos becuase of the prospect of a future update? isnt what webos is and has been good enough for you? i am quite happy w/ webos and what it does w/out 2.0. it still beats andriod as far as mulititasking, tweeks, and asthetic is concerened. and 2.0 wasnt going to do anything for your hardware needs anyway. the reason behind this decesion is probably becuase most pre users do not have their phones overclocked and flash support on a 500mhz phone would suck.
    Ya but what about Document editing or even viewing PDF's!! I get laughed at by my iPhone friends when I can't even open a freaking document!
    i feel cheated somehow. not that i didn't get the phone i paid for, just all those promises as a user.

HP should still do something to help make good on those promises.
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/10/2011 at 01:51 AM.
    There are four lights.
    What's wrong with no OTA update? If they've changed so much that the OTA update will screw things up I'm okay with a visit to the doctor... They are providing us with 2.x doctor... Right?
    So HP left many of those people that used webOS. I was hoping they give us the new release but of cause not with every feature: The old hardware won't be powerfull enough. So must of us would buy a new phone to get all the features.

Clever marketing would offer the Tablets first and OTA for old phones. So people could buy the tablets. People with webOS phone could use the new features of sharing and all without a webOS phone want to buy one.

But now why again webOS? There is no update path: Not only for old phone but also for all apps on the phone.

Back to my old Siemens mobile phone. Here I knew when I bought it that I won't get any software update.
    Well, that was a big ** from HP. Last straw for me. Thank you PALM for the pda days. Too bad you are gone. And now I'm gone from this old bs. On to new bs!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhollister View Post
    EPIC FAIL. ... Maybe this is just HP's way of thinning the herd. I'm starting to wonder if this sort of crap had anything to do with the HP and Palm talent that has jumped ship lately.
    This is EXACTLY why many of the talents recently left HPalm. They saw this coming and realized how dumb HPalm is. I've said it months ago on these boards - when good people start jumping ship it's time to worry. Not good news coming.
    My (original) Pre is so old, I don't really care. I don't want to keep replacing it every couple of months, so I am all about getting a Pre3 (maybe even the little guy). If us old foggies don't get 2.0 it won't be the end of the world, it will just be a little annoying.
    I still was holding out that maybe HP would reward the original Pre owners with a special gift for having faith in an awesome platform...maybe a coupon...? To Sizzler...?