Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 59 ... LastLast
    Looks like hp is going to loose a customer!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So, as somebody in the UK,

- No network (carrier) sells any Palm or HP phones right now. It's been this way for a number of months.
    - There's apparently no "upgrade path" coming from O2, who originally sold me mine.

Given this my gut feeling is that the Pre, in whatever form, is unlikely to come back to the UK. The lack of a 2.0 upgrade right now, while annoying, isn't a huge deal for me. What is is the liklihood that once this Pre breaks (I already have some broken plastic by the USB port), or once 1.4.5 is too ancient for most apps to work, I will have no way to stay with WebOS and will have to change, thus abandoning my investment in apps, etc.

Not happy right now.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    You know I guess I've been niave and thinking these execs from Palm and now HP knew the big picture and thats why they were doing the things they have been doing, but in reality they don't have a clue what they are doing and lack common sense! These are pretty much the same people just with a bigger name, that screwed up so badly launching this system in the beginning and what they are doing by screwing over the ONLY people that understand that it is a good OS, but in the wrong hands, is they are going to put the final nail in the coffin of webOS! I got my pre in Aug. of 2009 and wifes in Dec. 2009. We are done waiting for them to get the heads out of there a$$eS. EVO is going to be our next phones!! I have had palms since they bought out my Handspring, and then when they started phones I've had 600, 650, 700, 755, and centro! No more!!
    Whereas Palm Pre- on O2 UK doesn't get that update message or the "We are working on alternative plans with [insert carrier here] and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more." message US Palm Pre- gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    So, as somebody in the UK,

- No network (carrier) sells any Palm or HP phones right now. It's been this way for a number of months.
    - There's apparently no "upgrade path" coming from O2, who originally sold me mine.

Given this my gut feeling is that the Pre, in whatever form, is unlikely to come back to the UK. The lack of a 2.0 upgrade right now, while annoying, isn't a huge deal for me. What is is the liklihood that once this Pre breaks (I already have some broken plastic by the USB port), or once 1.4.5 is too ancient for most apps to work, I will have no way to stay with WebOS and will have to change, thus abandoning my investment in apps, etc.

Not happy right now.
    Pick up a backup unit now, should be a cheap little investment. Pixi+ are going for around $50 USD new, don't know bout the Pre though, but I imagine they'll get dumped on the market like the Pixi+ is now.
    I've been on my 3rd Pre for a LONG time. Once my contract is up, I will not be staying with WebOS. The support in terms of quality apps, SDK for mic, etc. etc. isn't there. The hardware is not good. The Android phones are too compelling not to go with them.
    After hearing this news I've decided to switch to iOS.

I've had my Pre- since launch day and always told my friends how great WebOS was but most of my friends are on Sprint too so I never recommended they get a Pre-(HW issues) and pointed them to Android phones. I think HP just lost a crap load of capital by alienating folks like me who others(friends and family) go to for recommendations on technology related products. I was excited to see the Pre3 and veer yesterday and was planing on trying to convince my wife to stay with WebOS and get Pre3's for us and Veers for the kids (She saw me watching the Think Beyond launch event on TV and said "No way we're getting another Palm" since she had to replace her Pre- FIVE times.) This just pushed me over the edge

HP, take a clue from Apple. The iPhone 3G, released a year before the Pre, will support the latest iOS release and the original iPhone was supported through 3 major OS updates(1.x-3.x).

I really wish someone would get the whole package right.
    WebOS's multitasking and notification with iOS's app market and hardware quality with Android's home screens & widgets. It looks like a jailbroken iPhone is the closest I can get.
    The only tweets a search for #palm should have returned today should have been related to anticipation for new devices. Instead those are few and far between, dwarfed by complaints about no OTA updates for old devices. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    VERY DISSAPOINTED!

Long story short...I've had Palm devices for for over 2 decades. I have really liked the Palm functionality on those devices, including my Palm Pre Plus on Verizon. However, Palm and now HP seem determined to fail it's customers. They are now alienating their best and most loyal customers by not providing webOS 2.x as promised over and over again to the existing devices.

Everyone owning a Palm Pre and Pre Plus have been swiming upstream. This adds insult to injury.

Frankly, until now I was planning to continue on with webOS phones etc. Now, I'm going to seriously re-think this idea. VERY SAD.
    don't know what to say

• no update for early adopters
    • now fragmentation problems for developers with a small user base (in opposite to android)
    • no new devices soon

what is this mess almighty hp?

Just spam the feedback form !!!! click below:

-
    Did this with my Pre Plus on Verizon. I get the message "We are working on alternative plans with Verizon and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more."

Anything less than a free upgrade to a Pre 2 or 3 and I am gone when my contract ends in October.
    Global Posts
    985 Global Posts
    Sent email to CEO, I have 5 webos phones in my family and we were all looking forward to 2.0
    Almost 1000 users who are basically saying there done. Thats just in 1 day. Good job HP. For every 1 user, id say they know 5 people they wont be recommending HP/Palm to people. I know I have told my flock to move on.
    Who do they think is going to develop for webOS 2.X? I was invited into the developer beta yesterday morning, just hours before their announcement. I went from being all set to develop apps, to having no phone to develop for. They have NO installed user base. Pre2 will tank because it has already been obsoleted. Pre3 release date is still TBA. There are NO developers, there are NO users. HP must really want to make this a tablet PC dual boot option, because I can't think of any other reason why they would intentionally screw all their current users. I will never suggest HP ANYTHING to anyone. Which actually means something when you work at Radioshack. :3

By the way, my plan can't have any 4G phones. I can't just go to Android, because I'd be stuck with crappy ARMv6 devices. Which lag so hard on Android they are nearly unusable. I should know, I've had both a Hero and a Moment. I came to the Pre because it was my only real path forward. I'm done in October, but that's still a decent amount of time to be screwed isn't it?

EDIT: Klownicle makes a good point. Most of us have a few friends and family members on the Pre. Some of us even have small businesses using Pres. The response right here is only a fraction of the disappointment overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The pre runs like a turtle. Why on earth did you expect it to be updated? The phone is already 2 years old. Time to move on folks.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Possibly because HP repeated said they would be updated?
    The pre runs like a turtle. Why on earth did you expect it to be updated? The phone is already 2 years old. Time to move on folks.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Yep, moving on to an Evo.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Why on earth did you expect it to be updated?
    Probably because HP/Palm said they would update it.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Im gonna wait around Untill the Droids on VZW drop in price.. then ill jump on board with them
    ANDROID FTW!
    Honeycomb, i am coming ...
    HP sucks!
    the only way things would work out for hp now is selling the pre2 like hell. its bad that they ran into this situation but they did. so they have to make it synthetically impossible to upgrade to the webos2 experience without buying a new pre2 (or at least a plus for that would be really mean when they call them outdated).

no matter when the phone came out. i bought my pre very shortly before the plus came out. so in germany im not on a "contract" but i pay for 24 months just for the phone.

so i havent even paid that off fully and its already old? i mean yes a phone gets old within a week nowadays but not so old you call it a lame duck or legacy or history.

THIS IS BAD, EVIL, CHEAP and EASY TO FIGURE OUT.

i mean i am really willing to pay and buy. really. but now i am just so sick of being ready to buy something that is available but not for me. at least not now.

i bet when i wait for the veer like i did for the pre2 here in germany i ll be very depressed in half a year.