Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 57 ... LastLast
    I really can't believe this. I have never posted, but I read precentral.net everyday and have ever since I got the Grandpa phone "Pre". I thought I had remembered seeing that we were getting 2.0. I have anxiously checked every day watching for the ability to do flash and to get 2.0. I am not totally in love with webOS. There are going to be a lot of features I miss! I wish the apps would have done a lot more. You never see apps for webos. Just android and iphone. I guess I am moving on. I know several people with EVO's. I will use my pre until it dies, but will defainately be moving on!!! bummer trails!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    If this is how HP/Palm is going to treat their early adopters, that tells me something about their company.

Loved the PreCentral site, but goodbye PreCentral, Hello AndroidCentral
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    Screwed by HP again.

I LOVE webOS, love love love it. but the new phones aren't awe inspiring and I can't get the 2.0 goodness on my pre minus..

the Path to 2.X better be a big *** discount and sprint better be all up on the pre3 love or an epic or shift is in my future.
    Same. Well, except for the Shift and probably not the Epic either. I'll see what new phones they have by you know..."summer".

This does interest me since I tweeted the same yesterday. If it's anything less than a firesale coupon for the Pre 3, IDGAF, but what about Sprint users since the Pre3 looks like a noshow?
    I know it's already been said hundreds of times in this thread, but just want to add my voice to the disgruntled masses of "standing in line on day 1 to get a Palm Pre and stuck with it and waiting for upgrade to the promised WebOS 2.0" crowd.

With no idea if the Pre 3 will be on Sprint, and promises of "this summer" I'll be looking for the best Android device on Sprint when I upgrade my phone in March. I'm not so much angry as I am very disappointed.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    To save others hunting for it : HP Executive Team: CEO email
    Again, I doubt that it will have any effect also, but I sent this:

I am the proud owner of a Sprint Palm Pre, I got when they were first available in June of 2009.

I watched as Palm lost market share when they took too long to develop their App catalog. I watched as Apple ran 2 commercials each hour of prime time television and No marketing of the Pre was to be seen.

I Watched, and was somewhat encouraged when HP brought Palm out – I thought that maybe HP could save this Webos.

Then in Oct 2010, HP (with Palm at the time) announced the Pre 2 and WebOs 2 , to be available in “the coming months” I watched as HP/Palm announced without qualifications that Webos would be available for the existing Pre and Pre Plus, and the only qualifications for the Pixi or Pixi plus was that Flash would not be available.(Mind you Flash has been promised since Webos 1.2). That was 4 MONTHS ago.

I noted with hope as the BBC reported that you (Léo Apotheker) wanted HP to be ‘Cool’, I believe the quote was “one day people will say ‘this is as cool as HP,’ not ‘this is as cool as Apple.’”, and that one of the ways you were going to accomplish was rapid delivery on announced products.

So you (HP) had this Big Press event yesterday, announcing the Veer, The Pre3 and the Touchpad. The Veer is to be available “Planned availability this spring”, the Pre 3 “Planned availability this summer.” The same with The Touchpad, “Planned availability this summer.”.

Some where, buried in all this fanfare was the fact the Webos 2.0 was not going to be released for the Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi or the Pixi Plus.

So If the Pre 3 was to be available next week, instead of the "coming months" (oh, I'm sorry , they did say " this summer" didn't they, yeah right), maybe I could understand it.

But as it is, I have no path to upgrade, and a vague appearance on the distant horizon of the Pre 3, and No guarantee that Sprint (remember them - the Cell Phone company that launched the Pre way back in 2009, Who has No Plans to offer the Pre 2) will even carry it. SO I am left holding an empty bag.

So My question is “How Cool is this?” is this as “Cool as HP”, 'cause if that’s the case, I’ll have to go to an android device or maybe something “as cool as Apple”

Why would I want to buy a HP product following HP’s (and to be fair Palm’s) track record?
    Fool my once…

Cool as HP!!!!
    HP, I haven't posted on Pre|Central in a couple of months. I logged in today just for this. You suck. Completely. Don't give me any of that BS that the older Pres/Pixies are not beefy enough to run webOS 2.0. That's total bull and you know it. Rather than taking care of your current customers, you're putting all your effort into what you hope will succeed in the future --- all at the expense of your current customer base.

We've stuck with you for 1.5 years now and by the time the new hardware comes out it'll be at least 2 years. WebOS 1.4.5 was released in August 2010 and you are making us Pre/Pixi folks wait until new hardware comes out in the summer of 2011 just so we can get webOS 2.x? Amazing. Way to go, guys. And don't feed me the bull about the Pre 2 on VZW. The Pre 2 is useless now that new hardware will be out in 4-5 months. Who gives a crap about it now. It's not much of an upgrade anyhow.

You're taking a huge bet that your best friends, us, are still going to be your webOS evangelists in 4-5 months time. We are the people who tell our friends and family to buy webOS products. We are the ones who proudly show off webOS to our friends and family and show them why they should choose webOS products. We are the ones who have stuck by webOS through it all. We are what political strategists call the base. Four to five months time in the technology world is an eternity. Your base is being sliced off every day by iOS and Android (and to some extent WP7). By the time the new stuff finally comes out your base will be very small indeed. But you can slow the defections by giving us webOS 2.x in webOS Doctor form. Do it. It's the right thing to do. Heck, even the Supreme Soviet in Cupertino was kind enough to extend their lastest iOS to their last-gen phone.

Man, I had no idea how PO'd I was about this until I started writing. Thanks for the swift kick in the groin to us enthusiasts, HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post

This does interest me since I tweeted the same yesterday. If it's anything less than a firesale coupon for the Pre 3, IDGAF, but what about Sprint users since the Pre3 looks like a noshow?
    Yah, i'm not leaving sprint any time soon, been with them since I had a Sprint pager in 1995. Had Palm phones since 2004 (treo's rocked). Pre was good for what is was when it came out, but it's been 2 years and they can't even do ONE major release update, and the phones are nothing better than I could have got 6 months ago in android?

I am sad and disappointed. I don't want to use a different OS, but if they can't get me phones or updates, I can't expect to sit on another 2 year contract for something that is unsupported after 6-12 months.
    Well, what a shock all round....not.

Emailed HP CEO, tweeted Palm and HP all to express my disgust. Not that it will do any good.

I will without a doubt never consider buying any HP device, phone or otherwise.

I would like to say it's been a fun experience owning my first and only Palm product, but it hasn't been.

Getting an iphone for work to replace my BB and will ditch the pre (and o2) as soon as the contract runs out in favour of a HTC.
    I'm out. It's iphone for me. I love my pre'. But this is offensive. I was excited like the rest of us...now I feel like a boyfriend just dumped me..and it's a PHONE people..! I just hope I can learn to love again.....
    HP, you suck!

There's my angry rant for the day.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    without the update the pre minus is officially dead.thank you Hp #$%@
    Just writing to express my disappointment... I got the sprint pre in September 09 because I had faith in palm and webOS, had to change it 3 times because of defects, sprint would only exchange for refurbished ones that were also defective, had to go through palm to get a new pre that is working (and pay 40$ for shipping though it was under warranty!!!), oh and I'm European and guess what, no CDMA there, so whenever I go home, I can't use my phone! I am stuck with sprint untill september but as soon as I can cancel my plan, I'll go to android or iphone sorry palm (hp) you should have treated us more carefully
    I have no idea why any of you/us that are on sprint are *itc*ing about this. ALL OF US WITH A PRE- WERE GOING TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW DEVICE RELEASED ON SPRINT, with that in mind we would have enjoyed 2.0for a few months then had a new device anyway. I could really care less. This works out better anyways. If 2.x came out for us we would lose everything that has helped us stay, mainly our overclock kernels. I'm looking forward to the Pre 3, if you want a slab phone so bad duck tape it shut and there you go. I swear if they would have came out with just a slab phone and no keyboard you guys would have been complaining that they didn't stick to their roots blah blah blah. I love what they showed and yes it does suck that we got lied to yet again. BUT this time everyone took note of it, so if they shaft us with this supposed deal for legacy customers that will be the last straw... So please stop complaining, I know for a fact if those phones were out next week every single one of us on sprint would have upgraded and not said <<mod delete>> about it.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 10:28 AM.
    I can't believe that I have been checking for update to 2.x and Flash everyday since each original announcement was made!
    I think the powers to be at HP should go on a sales course to see how you are supposed to develop a long term business association built on trust.
    Really disappointed in their scant disregard for their customer base. It would have been better if, at company takeover of Palm, they had been honest and discontinued the Pre product.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    What am I missing without 2.0?
    Stacks? not really missing them, I can organize my mini cards pretty well.
    Just type? Been doing that for almost everything for months now.
    Flash? Nope don't miss it, haven't had it in over a year on my phone, I'm used to it now.
    My customizeable 5X4 Launcher Page Set Up? Oya that's 1.4.5 NOT 2.0

I guess I'm really not missing anything.
    For me the let down is this:

1) Fragmented developer environment.

2) No Voice API

3) No Flash.

Also missing from 1.x is a useable virtual keyboard for those times when you want to not have to slide open the phone to just type a few characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I have no idea why any of you/us that are on sprint are *itc*ing about this. ALL OF US WITH A PRE- WERE GOING TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW DEVICE RELEASED ON SPRINT, with that in mind we would have enjoyed 2.0for a few months then had a new device anyway. I could really care less. This works out better anyways. If 2.x came out for us we would lose everything that has helped us stay, mainly our overclock kernels. I'm looking forward to the Pre 3, if you want a slab phone so bad duck tape it shut and there you go. I swear if they would have came out with just a slab phone and no keyboard you guys would have been complaining that they didn't stick to their roots blah blah blah. I love what they showed and yes it does suck that we got lied to yet again. BUT this time everyone took note of it, so if they shaft us with this supposed deal for legacy customers that will be the last straw... So please stop complaining, I know for a fact if those phones were out next week every single one of us on sprint would have upgraded and not said <<mod delete>> about it.

Have a great day!
    You have a entirely correct point. But keep in mind, sprint has been left behind with nothing but rumors. And to see that the Pre 3 will likly only be on AT&T and Verizon without sprint in the drop down. Is just further proof.

I think its just false hope to believe that sprint is getting anything. Sprint wants Wimax not 3G. You need commitment from the carrier for a phone to be carried. They do not want to commit to anything non 4g. Simple as that.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    There is a virtual keyboard availible from the Webosquickinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Updates will be available through doctoring your phone .
    Not officially...

So far the official word is no updates. There was some confusion at first around this but as far as I can tell reading the latest info here and elsewhere - there are no updates planned from HP for devices running 1.x
    Quote Originally Posted by tomglasser View Post
    There is a virtual keyboard availible from the Webosquickinstall.
    Have you tried it? It really isn't very useful. I would love something for this size screen with predictive gesture based typing.

But the point is well taken.
    I.ve had palm devices for 15 years now, but I feel like I just lost my best friend. I am an Apple fan but really liked Palm. Didn't like Hp much NOW I HATE THEM!! Web OS is too good for HP. Moving on!