Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 54 ... LastLast
    The worst part isn't that the new OS version is not compatible with our Pre-'s. Its that we were informed that it would be backward compatible! Same as others have mentioned, there's the issue with Flash, and god knows how many more promises. As a long time Palm user, and having dealt with having a launch day GSM Pre in Europe, with the late updates and all. And then they tell us they won't announce anything that's not ready for shipment, and yet, all we keep hearing are different ways of saying "in the coming months!". No specifics! I do hope they compensate us for the "errors in their information" in more ways than one, or else, I'm afraid that it will be the app developers that will jump ship, since the buyer base will have little if no faith in the whole webos environment, bringing doom to Web OS 2.xx and up, no matter how good the hardware is
    Never, read the posts.
    Sprint Love
    Read the homepage .. no more updates ..
    Wake uo people the platform is dead. Where are all the apps. Have you looked in the catalog lately. It's all garbage spam coming out. Wheres netflix. Wheres friggin google maps that actually works. They showed an empty shell that won't be out for 6mo. There is still no good autocorrect when typing. For the first tim using an evo, I could type faster than on the pre. You just have to approximately get things typed and autocorrect takes care of the rest. Palm is dead. Webos is the new touchsmart software.
    That won't happen . HP is a much much bigger company than you think . webOS is here to stay regardless od what anyone says .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This is what the pre faithful get?!? <<mod delete>> Im going to use my upgrade (which has been due since oct.2010) and get an android. We waited all this time for nothing.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    Wake uo people the platform is dead. Where are all the apps. Have you looked in the catalog lately. It's all garbage spam coming out. Wheres netflix. Wheres friggin google maps that actually works. They showed an empty shell that won't be out for 6mo. There is still no good autocorrect when typing. For the first tim using an evo, I could type faster than on the pre. You just have to approximately get things typed and autocorrect takes care of the rest. Palm is dead. Webos is the new touchsmart software.
    Sorry but your misinformed lol webOS is here and no matter what you think you can't get rid of it ha ha

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have to say I am sorry to hear this, You think they could at least get ups to update 2. for flash that was promised with original Pre and still waiting. Heard it was coming with 2x no no up date thanks for the promises. I have 5 palm pres on my family plan, I guess it may be time to move on after all. If they did this to the pre, what about the tochpad, I am not running out to buy new phones just to be able to have the features. If I have to get a new phone each time. I guess it is time to try other devices. I am truly sad today!
    I feel there should be a little more support for the people that have stuck by the Palm Pre. Providing absolutely nothing as an update only tells me that they are "hoping" that tactic will make more current Pre owners upgrade to the newer models. Granted, it probably will, but without one single hint as to whether Sprint will carry any webOS devices, I think that's abandoning these owners.

One thing that may be lost on HP is the fact that some of us have the ability to endorse, or in this case, not endorse Hp platforms other than the ones for personal use. Areas in the business world that could easily be steered towards another vendor. This could snow ball and be very bad financially for them.
    Last edited by JokerJ13; 02/10/2011 at 07:36 AM.
    Just_Jay
    Lets not forget about the Developers... yesterday they were told to "Unlearn Mojo"... yesterday they were told their userbase will receive NO updates to 2.0... and currently there are no phones out with webos 2 on any major carrier... oh yea verizon and they are realeasing iPhone now. So there is ZERO marketshare for webOS 2.0 and we won't see Pre3 till "summer" 5-6 months from now AFTER the iPhone5? there is about 6-8 month of shutdown time. And though mojo will work with 2.0 any 2.0 app will NOT work on the current 3% user base. Longterm they will be fine... but this will set developers back a YEAR...

Developers are jerked
    As much as I've always liked WebOS, this move is down right low.

I left awhile back for greener pastures, but always held out hope that I might come back to the WebOS fold someday.

After this, any interest I had in a TouchPad, or any of their other future hardware went right into the toilet.

They strung everyone here along for months and months and months, and now, they are going to bend you over.

I'm truly sorry for everyone who's defended this platform and hung on.

This community really has no equal in the loyalty department. Hats off to so many that could hang on longer than most, only to get the finger.

Really, really sucks.
    What a bunch of bull, I was questioning why wasn't the OTA announced yesterday and thats the reason why. They are saying the hardware won't handle it? I have my Pre overclocked just so I know that it will handle every thing I toss at it, I have pushed it pretty hard for what?...nothing. HP should just stick with making computers and printers, I have a laptop and all-in-one from them and they work great. I was excited about the webOS for PC...now I wouldnt want that because I am sure you wont be able to upgrade that either.

I am on Sprint and what WebOS phone is next that will have 2.x.x? Thats isn't decided yet. I got the Pre thinking that I could work with the HomeBrew stuff and so on and so forth and got excited about the 2.x.x update and bam...shot down. I go rid of my Treo Pro with Windows Mobile 6.1 for this?...I cant even get a new windows phone on Sprint either...looks like I am going to be jumping ship to Android with my upgrade in June, unless a new WebOS phone is released for Sprint by then, but now it makes me think that if you get WebOS 2.x.x, you wont be able to update to 3.x.x. two years from now due to the "hardware not being able to handle it".

Sorry for ranting but I am a little PO'd at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    Hey not that no one else has done this yet but I had a nice little chat with "Leo" on the customer service chat application.

6:17 AM Checking configuration...
    6:17 AM Connecting...
    6:17 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    6:18 AM Support session established with Leo.

6:18 AM Leo: Hello Rodney. Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.
    6:19 AM Rodney Berryman: I understand that hp/palm is not releasing the webos updates for the original pre is this true?
    6:21 AM Leo: Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

6:21 AM Leo: Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.
    6:21 AM Leo: We are working on alternative plans with Sprint and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more.

...snip...

6:51 AM Leo: Take care.
    6:51 AM Leo: Bye.
    LOL, now it is "in the coming weeks".

Sorry, you got your one chance HP, you have lost me as a "loyal customer".

Thanks for the memories!!
    PAAAALLLLLMMMMMM!!!!!!! You told us we would have Flash over... one YEAR AGO!!!

PAAAALLLLLMMMMMM!!!!!!! You told us we, first gen Pre owners would have access to your new WebOS 2.0 super OS!!
    Now you screw us and expect us to wait six months for the PRIVILEDGE of forking over CASH to buy your new Pre 3 vaporware DEEEVICE after LYING TO OUR FACES????

PAAAALLLLLMMMMMM!!!!!!! You have 48, no 12, no 18.5 hours to tell we, the only WebOS users you have - or maybe not or soon not to be anymore - what you will do to WRECK-tify this SITUATION!!!!

PAAAALLLLLMMMMMM!!!!!!! Know that the entire future of your plans for WebOS world domination hinge on what you do with these 18.5 hours!!!
    Know that if you have the AUDACITY to LIE to us AGAIN, we, or at least most of us, will know it THIS TIME!!

PAAAALLLLLMMMMMM!!!!!!! If you do not respond adequately within the designated, 18.5 hours we will be forced to jump ship to iPhone and Android platforms.

Hurry PALM!!! The clock is ticking NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Bob-C; 02/10/2011 at 07:47 AM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Optimal situation.
    We have been working diligently on bringing webOS 2.0 to existing Palm devices and an OTA update will be rolled out on Friday. We would like to thank the Palm community for their patience and hope that they stick with our devices for years to come.

Acceptable situation.
    We're not going to lie, we're too lazy to release consistent updates and support the existing architecture. That being said, we are giving every interested Pre or Pre + owner a coupon for a $50 Pre 2 off contract. Plenty of you will still buy the Pre 3, and besides we will never sell all the Pre 2s we have moldering around in our warehouses.

Unacceptable situation.
    So last night we slept with your mother, then killed your family and dropped them in a dumpster down the street.

Least acceptable situation.
    (what they did)
    Not sure if anyone mentioned in previous posts, but Motion Apps Classic could have stayed around bit longer. I believe part of the reason Motion Apps gave up on Classic was they felt with the "upcoming" webOS OTA update from 1.4.x to 2.x, most user of Classic would no longer be able to use the app, as the OTA update would basically be a "forced" update (unless you used some type of Homebrew app / patch to prevent the update).

But, now that the 2.x webOS OTA update is not an option, Motion Apps could have continued supporting / updating Classic because their current users (webOS 1.4.x) had no "easy" path to webOS 2.x.

Personally, I really liked using Motion Apps Classic, especially the PalmOS calendar. The color-coded categories was great. In preparing for what I thought would be an OTA update to webOS 2.x, I stop using Classic and found webOS "replacements" for the PalmOS PIM apps: calendar, memo, tasks (to-do) and contacts (address).

I think, in the long run, it was better that I stop relying on Classic and move on from PalmOS. But again, HP/Palm did state webOS 1.4.x users would have an OTA update to webOS 2.x. As with other Pre users, I was looking forward to the 2.x update.

So, I guess I will update my Pre Plus to a Pre2, as I am not convinced at this point the Pre3 will actually be available. Like most webOS/Pre user, I am developing a new attitude: I won't believe it unless I can walk into a store and buy it!

Pre3, yeah, right. I believe it when I actually see it at my local authorized Verizon retailer.

I have been a Palm device user since the Palm III. Palm really had it going on, but as they say, all good things must come to an end. But, I tell you, if I could build my dream device, it would be the Palm TX with cell phone functions. Oh, that's the HTC Evo.

One last comment; oh, how I miss the PalmOS PIM apps! I think I am LESS organize & productive using my Pre as compared to my Palm TX (or even my Palm Centro).

Mike
    HP's treatment of us gives a lot of insight as to how they treated MotionInApps.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Well, Ive bought my Palm Pre at O2 Germany in January 2010 and still uses it heavily for daily web browsing and e-mail, occasionally for games.

Closing the path to WebOS 2.x for my Palm Pre not only would be a major disappointment, but also a slap in my face as a loyal Palm user (palm user since 1998!). One of the lasts arguments pro staying with HP/Palm and against becoming an ISheep/ILemming or becoming a droid were the exellent and user friendly OTA updates provided for WebOS in the past. If HP/Palm takes this from its loyal user base, theyre cutting in their own flesh, and theyre cutting deep.

I hope there will be a clear statement from HP/Palm about the path to WebOS 2.x for older devices. I had so many hopes for a good combination of my Palm Pre and the HP TouchPad, but if HP/Palm lets me down by closing the path to WebOS 2.x for my Palm Pre, Ill have to reconsider my upcoming choice for a WebOS tablet.
    The future of HP/Palm and WebOS without updates to WebOS 2.x for older WebOS-devices? Last one turn of the lights.
    Frankly, as I sit here, I'm not sure why the had the 'Event' yesterday. Was it to announce the Pre2 on Verizon? because that was the only imminent event, other than the screwing of the Pre/Pixi owners, and that was more of a non event.

They should have stayed under their rock for 4 or 5 more months, then had their announcements of the products that were shipping.

HP products will be shipping with 0 user base as they have just walked away from what was left of Palm.
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    Can't trust them. Ever again. I have no faith these new devices won't be left behind. I left windows mobile for this?

No, I wont' go to apple. Considering buying a $5 land line phone and saying the hell with it.