Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 53 ... LastLast
    what a bunch of liars and lame ducks are there working for hp/former palm?

now they're even celebrating themselves like for nothing but vague, incomplete product announcements...
    You wouldn't want 2.x.x on a pre minus .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I love my Pre. I love the fact it's not an Apple. I love WebOS. I dont expect the phone O/S be upgraded forever, but a promise is a promise. I still hope that I can get an upgrade (doesn't have to be OTA), but if I dont, I will be crossing HP off my future supplier list. Come to think of it, they were never on it, I bought a Palm. Looks like the Pre will be heading for the museum, next to my betamax VCR.
    I remember someone saying in a previous discussion that it would actually benefit HP to nuke their userbase and start fresh. This might work -- if the phone didn't look the same.
    That might also work, if they didn't already do that with PalmOS classic a while ago! One user base and app ecosystem - down the drain, and now here comes another...

Edit:
    You wouldn't want 2.x.x on a pre minus .
    Could you be more vague?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    well thats' a nail in the coffin fro my palm ownership. Come renewal time I think it will be android.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Register
    And with a mere two per cent of the US smartphone market - and almost certainly a lot less elsewhere - it needs to encourage sales if it wants WebOS to be as loved by consumers and app developers as iOs, Android and even Windows Phone 7.
    It also needs to encourage more developers to write apps and forcing them to upgrade their hardware every 6 months is not feasible since webOS doesn't have enough users to generate enough revenue for many devs to do this.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Wow, glad I moved on months ago, sorry to anyone I ever recommended a pre or pre+ to. I guess HP is continuing palms last legacy........of failure and let downs. The one thing that I was holding out hope for was all the promised things we would soon see and now I don't care about HP or anything they ever do. Way to go HP!!!! Corporate unsupported webOS ftw......no thanks!!!
    I think the most important message that I've read here, and support, is to make your displeasure known with your wallet. I personally will not be buying any more apps or HP products until this situation has been resolved to my liking. If such resolution does not occur, I will impatiently wait until June 06, 2011 to find a phone and carrier that suits my needs.

I want to see what this "something special" is that Rubinstein mentioned. I also want to hear this announcement in an official release. Most of all, I want to give HP at least a week to respond before I condemn them and their entire product lineup into the depths of my consumer awareness.

The webOS community is so active and involved that it's easy to get caught up in the fury of the masses on boards such as these. It hasn't even been 24 hours since we heard the unofficial announcement.

Let's give them some time, and (for all the first-day adopters) perhaps take the time to plot out which phone will be in our pockets on June 7th.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    It must suck to be Jon Rubinstein. What a weasel.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bureX View Post
    That might also work, if they didn't already do that with PalmOS classic a while ago! One user base and app ecosystem - down the drain, and now here comes another...

Edit:

Could you be more vague?
    What I mean is you wouldn't want the OTA update . There are issues that cause data to be lost and the hardware can't seem to handle the OS 2.x.x . The migration is the biggest issue . But with the doctor it for some reason works . Also with the overclocked kernels it seems to run better then at stock kernel.

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This is disappointing news! As an early Palm Pre adopter, being one of the first in Canada, I have suffered over the years with many of the webOS shortcomings.

The issues are:
    1. The spelling is pathetic. I have a journalism background and am pretty good at spelling so when I spell a word such as "advise" correctly and the Palm then changes the spelling to incorrectly show "advize" I am not impressed. I am not able to fix it so I have to come up with an alternate word.
    2. Sometimes it can takes up to 8-9 attempts to add an event to the calendar. I keep inputting the info and it doesn't take.

I have been extremely frustrated for months and would not recommend the Palm Pre to anyone who needs to use their device in a business-like manner until I have confidence in the product.

Not to offer upgrades to pioneers like me shows a total lack of loyalty which needs to be addressed if HP intends to maintain its current customer base.
    Last edited by Peter Hess; 02/10/2011 at 07:04 AM.
    So we were all blaming the carriers for delaying 2.0 but it was really HPalm?

No more votes from me on them stupids polls if i can't get 2.x on my ATT Pre Plus. I will make sure you never win again!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    What I mean is you wouldn't want the OTA update . There are issues that cause data to be lost and the hardware can't seem to handle the OS 2.x.x . The migration is the biggest issue . But with the doctor it for some reason works . Also with the overclocked kernels it seems to run better then at stock kernel.

So what?
    They promised it.

If they didn't know til now the problems you mentioned then there is SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG with Hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    No ... we will get a new device for free. HP said that the webOS update wouldn't cost us any cash, remember:

"The webOS update brings goodies like Flash,
    And Just Type and stacking (and won't cost you cash)."

Excited by event announcement, Palm pens a poem | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Just saying
    I just read that poem and is exactly what is says. They need to give us a free Pre 2 to keep that promise.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Weren't there videos about a guy who ran 2.0 on a pre minus?
    Hey not that no one else has done this yet but I had a nice little chat with "Leo" on the customer service chat application.

6:17 AM Checking configuration...
    6:17 AM Connecting...
    6:17 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    6:18 AM Support session established with Leo.

6:18 AM Leo: Hello Rodney. Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.
    6:19 AM Rodney Berryman: I understand that hp/palm is not releasing the webos updates for the original pre is this true?
    6:21 AM Leo: Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

6:21 AM Leo: Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.
    6:21 AM Leo: We are working on alternative plans with Sprint and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more.

6:22 AM Rodney Berryman: will we get flash?
    6:23 AM Leo: As if now we do not have specific information about this.
    6:24 AM Rodney Berryman: the entire reason I purchased the palm pre is that it was sold as the first phone that would have flash why are we being denied what was promised from the very beginning?
    6:26 AM Rodney Berryman: Flash was the key selling point of the pre for me and many others. Were we lied to?
    6:27 AM Leo: We are working on alternative plans with Sprint and will be sharing details in the coming weeks.

6:29 AM Rodney Berryman: there should be no alternative plans we should get what we were promised. If not I want a refund for the 2 palm pres that i purchased trusting the ability of palm to bring flash to webos.
    6:31 AM Leo: We are committed to keeping our loyal customers and are working on alternatives to help those affected.
    6:31 AM Leo: We’ll be sharing details in the coming weeks.
    6:32 AM Rodney Berryman: Does that mean free or deeply discounted upgrades to the pre 3? Because that is the only reason I would possibly stay loyal to palm at this point.
    6:36 AM Leo: I am sorry for any inconvenience.
    6:36 AM Leo: We are committed to keeping our loyal customers and are working on alternatives to help those affected. We’ll be sharing details in the coming weeks.
    6:39 AM Rodney Berryman: Well I guess that is all you can say at this point. You have told me nothing and I'm sure nothing is going to change with hp/palm. I will wait for the coming weeks but how long is that? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 52 weeks? at least give some kind of timeframe better than "the coming weeks".
    6:43 AM Leo: Right now we do not have the correct inforomation about the time.
    6:45 AM Rodney Berryman: Lovely just be aware that if it takes more than a month I along with many palm loyalists will probably jump ship to android or god forbid iPhone
    6:49 AM Leo: We are committed to keeping our loyal customers and are working on alternatives to help those affected
    6:49 AM Leo: I am sorry for any inconvenience.
    6:50 AM Rodney Berryman: Alright then stuck in a loop now thank you for your time just know that i was not trying to harass you i just feel cheated lied to and "bait and switched"
    6:51 AM Leo: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance.
    6:51 AM Leo: Take care.
    6:51 AM Leo: Bye.
    "We were promised Flash the first year the pre was announced. Then we were told a beta was coming sooner instead. Then the deadline passes, and were told it would come later. Then 1.4.5 was announced and flash came with that! Wait. No <<mod delete>> it didn't. Adobe claims Palm misspoke, but the beta was still going to be coming in the app store. Then Android got it. Then WebOs 2.0 was announced and lo and behold flash was actually in it. But it was coming to original pre owners in the coming months. "I can wait." I thought. And now today, after one and a half years of sticking with palm, sticking up for it when people said the pre was ugly, telling iphone users that we'd have flash over them, HP/Palm <<messes (mod edit>> US OVER. Not only do we not get flash, but 2.0 as a whole is a no go? Webos has about a half of a percent of marketshare and it's ALL us palm fans <<mod delete>>!. WE were the ones who were going to show people why their tablets were better than the ipad. We were the ones who were going to buy a pre 3. We were the only chance this dying company had, and they pretty much give us the finger."

-- Engadget Commenter. Nailed it. If they don't release more information quickly i'm going to android. I can't keep investing into a dying platform.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Is it possible for our homebrew community to "franken doctor" the webos 2.0 doctor? to work on existing palm devices. They said it cant work because those phones are not powerful enough, well cant we overclock them?
  19. r9s
    When webOS 2.0 will be available on Pre minus?
    As mentioned earlier I am in the early access program and imo WebOS 2.0 runs even better on my Pre- than 1.4.5!