Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    This just ****es me right off!! I'm a loyal Palm user (had my Pre since launch day), but unfortunately stuck on Bell (Canada) and don't want to switch to Roger's because of terrible service. Bell can't get the Pre 2, so was really thankful that HP was going to come out with the update for all Pre phones.

But now I hear this?? And I was going to be buying a TouchPad this summer and then move to a Pre^3 when my contract was up and switch carriers..... But now, I think i'm going to switch to Android.

Congratulations HP, you just lost another customer.
    If this is true, I don't think I'll buy another webOS phone (or tablet, I guess). I really like it and HP isn't responsible for my own expectations (i.e. a turn-by-turn navigation app), but they promised this late last year, didn't they?

I'll give it a while though, as my Pixi is pretty new and I was going to use it for a while anyway.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    yea so much for the coming months... should change on front page from denied to betrayed. i still have a year past july for upgrade so i am going to be sitting on my thumbs. am seriously thinking virgin mobile time hopefully they get some cool devices. thanks for the live blog and all your efforts today in the past an in the future
    I was about to sell my iPhone 4 - and use my Pre classic as a SIP phone on 2.x

so...sorry but : HP - I am disappointed

This news has just ruined my evening

(If webOS was complete open source, I'd tried to help make a port....)

oh boy, what a mess
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Last straw. Meet Camel.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Goodbye Palm, or HP or whoever you are or have been or will be! It's been a fun ride. I've had 3 Treo 650s, 3 Treo 680s(kept failing), 1 Treo Pro and 1 Pre. But like everything that's good(like my 650 and webOS)...
  7. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Not good !!!!
    Can't be true .... after all that hype.
    Lets all bend over and squeal like a pigs, cause we all just had, first by Sprint and now by HP.
    Man this sucks...
    They promised us Flash - they lied
    They promised us WebOS 2.x OTA - they lied
    They promise us an upgrade path...
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am on Verizon and one of the reasons I got the Palm Pre Plus was because I couldn't get the iPhone. However, I have nothing but Apple computers at work and home and have always had Palm devices on me, from the Palm Pilot up to the current Pre. I thought I was going to have a hard time deciding between the new Palm devices being announced today and the iPhone 4 and hopefully 5.

They have pretty much made my decision for me. Their phone offerings don't look all that impressive to me, especially the quality of the hardware. Now i have to wait until summer? Can't get my current phone upgraded? Non-starter.

I think Apple will be offering enhanced cloud services with their new data center and will be coming out with a new iPad2 and iPhone5. That is where I will be putting my money.

Goodbye Palm...it was nice while it lasted.

redundant
    Lets all bend over and squeal like a pigs, cause we all just had, first by Sprint and now by HP.
    Man this sucks...
    This is sad news. I know eventually I will be upgrading to a new Palm device, but I was REALLy hoping to get 2.x on my current device. It also sucks because no new development is going to be done for 1.4.5. It will all be done for 2.0. Which, again, I dont have.
    I guess the lure of Flash was just a ruse to get us to buy the Pre (I own a pre plus). That does make me annoyed enough to not support their next launch.

If there was a class-action suit about Flash I'd definitely join in on it. They kept stringing us along and now it's basically dead. Sorry HP - going with Android next. Time to find a new bunch of loyal users!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    The Pre was my first Palm device ever, and it's going to be my last.

If I'd known how quickly webOS would have been left in the dust by other OSes, I'd have never bothered. Particularly now that it doesn't look like we're going to be upgraded to future versions. As 2.x and up become prevalent, apps will presumably stop being designed to support 1.x and we're going to be left with an even bigger shortfall of quality apps than we already are.

The original Pres and Pre Pluses are going to end up gimped versions of an already gimped OS.

The worst thing is that I'm tied to my existing contract until October, by which point my Pre (minus) will be severely outdated if the OS is not updated. At this point, I'm dying to ditch it I'm so annoyed.

Palm/HP as a company deserve to fail now.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am on Verizon and one of the reasons I got the Palm Pre Plus was because I couldn't get the iPhone. However, I have nothing but Apple computers at work and home and have always had Palm devices on me, from the Palm Pilot up to the current Pre. I thought I was going to have a hard time deciding between the new Palm devices being announced today and the iPhone 4 and hopefully 5.

They have pretty much made my decision for me. Their phone offerings don't look all that impressive to me, especially the quality of the hardware. Now i have to wait until summer? Can't get my current phone upgraded? Non-starter.

I think Apple will be offering enhanced cloud services with their new data center and will be coming out with a new iPad2 and iPhone5. That is where I will be putting my money.

Goodbye Palm...it was nice while it lasted.

redundant
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    will the 2.x doctors also require carrier approval and release?
    Probably. This is such a utter BS. All the hype I had going into today is all gone now. I was really hoping for 2.1 on my phone today.

Well there is something we can do and that is write to HP and complain. Or somehow get the message straight to Ruby. For now flood the Palm forums
    That would be about 10 flavors of suck. Seriously. I'm willing to ride out to "this summer" for the Pre 3, but you gotta throw me a bone with my Pre Minus to help get me through.
    ---
    Samsung i500 -> Palm Treo 90 -> 300 -> 600p -> 700p -> Pre Minus -> FrankenPre 2 on Sprint & WiFi TouchPad
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast