Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    Yea i'm thinking blackberry for phone/txt/quick email and an iPod Touch for everything else... i'm tired of this, phones should be simple.. this just makes me sick... i feel sorry for the developers... they currently have ZERO user base... and are starting from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    2.0 apps will not work with our phones.... and i can't see developers making anything in mojo now...
    ha ha. i understand the point you're making. The truth is to this day i don't know what mojo is. lol.

Regardless yes i think considering the time between now and release, the smaller user base, that lots of the current users are on sprint and have no webos upgrade path, and that none of them will be able to use 2.0, 3.0 apps i can understand anyone's reluctance to invest time in developing apps for original phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    heh....wow...meh.
    I betcha way back months ago before the pre 2 and now 3 and veer, when they announced 2.0, they knew this. That way, us pre minus (and plus) users would get all excited for it. But now that we can't get it on our phones, they hoped we'd get the new phones.
    well, I am done with slider keyboards. Physical keyboards. I'm ready for more apps, bigger screen with higher resolution...iPhone 5, when you come out, my pre minus goes. Especially now that Verizon is carrying the iPhone.
    i don't think so. They made a sprint pre specific doctor. I think it's possibly a recent realization. maybe they had trouble fixing buggy stuff and got fed up. but i think why make the doctor for pres and pre plusses? maybe they weren't for anyone but internal people. just don't know.

i'm done with physical keyboards too. i never liked the pre keyboard cause the keys don't travel. But worse mine has been buggy and has a sticky spacebar now.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Pretty much HP's answer:

WE-SHOULD-TAKE-WEBOS-20-AND-PUSH-IT-SOMEWHERE-ELSE.jpg

Self explanatory, really.
    bottom line is that HP needs to just come out and tell us what it is they are going to do to us/for us. No 2.X after they specifically said it would be available shows a deep disregard for their users.
    I'm sure they will make some lame offer along the lines of a 5% discount when upgrading to a pre3 AND a touchpad (yeah, they will want you to spend 1000 to save 50) but that's the only thing they will offer, oh, and of course to prove you earned the rebate you will have to mail in your pre first to get a coupon for your local wireless store to give you the 5% off.
    well we have the links to the doctors posted now. it's about time we mirrored them.

we need some devs working on an overclock kernel.

they wont give us 2.0? we'll take it for ourselves.

EDIT: I can't personally mirror or link to 2.0.1 doctor, though it was posted a few days back. I was invited into 2.0 developer beta today, i'm not technically in yet, but it would be against the agreement to provide anything or mention anything.
    The bile riseth. Guess I need to start learning about Android phones now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgnos View Post
    bottom line is that HP needs to just come out and tell us what it is they are going to do to us/for us. No 2.X after they specifically said it would be available shows a deep disregard for their users.
    I'm sure they will make some lame offer along the lines of a 5% discount when upgrading to a pre3 AND a touchpad (yeah, they will want you to spend 1000 to save 50) but that's the only thing they will offer, oh, and of course to prove you earned the rebate you will have to mail in your pre first to get a coupon for your local wireless store to give you the 5% off.

No ... we will get a new device for free. HP said that the webOS update wouldn't cost us any cash, remember:

"The webOS update brings goodies like Flash,
    And Just Type and stacking (and won't cost you cash)."

http://m.precentral.net/excited-even...palm-pens-poem

Just saying
    Nov 20th: webOS 2.0 will be released to "all devices" in coming months (see the precentral post by the same name)

So what has changed since then? Does anyone have an idea, or an explanation?
    I kind of feel like HPalm is a bit of a cop-out. I was looking real forward to the update and eventually upgrading to the Pre3. These ****ers led us on, promising we would get our update and then droped us. Those Droid phones are looking pretty sweet right now. Shame on you HPalm for getting us hooked on a great OS at least make it available so we can see how well ours Pres handle the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    No ... we will get a new device for free. HP said that the webOS update wouldn't cost us any cash, remember:

"The webOS update brings goodies like Flash,
    And Just Type and stacking (and won't cost you cash)."

Excited by event announcement, Palm pens a poem | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Just saying
    You're going to believe them? REALLY? Plus that was said before they scrapped the 2.0 beta. In fact, it's still online, which leads me to think that 2.0 abandoning was a last minute decision. They're just trying to figure out how to keep people from jumping ship.
    I think we should flood Jon's e-mail address with one simple note expressing our gratitude and humility. I, for one, will be doing so if I don't hear any good news within the next 24hrs.

Seriously, what in the name of *insert deity here* were they thinking?
    The WebOS community is what kept them alive for so long, and it's filled with Pre minuses and pluses all around! It was us who were pointing our the delicious gooey goodness that is WebOS to the masses while phone salesmen all over the world were simply discouraging others from purchasing any phone that was based on it... it was the PreCentral community and the homebrew junkies who made all Palm phones come alive! And now we all have to endure this bull****? It's just pathetic!

You've had plenty of time, HPalm, now spill the beans - what's in store for the early adopters who were and still are struggling with flaky hardware? Will there be a webOS 2.0 or not? We don't have time for PRPRPR $games$ $and$ $other$ $forms$ $of$ &$quot$;$maybe$'$s$&$quot$;... $tell$ $it$ $like$ $it$ $is$, $or$ $we$ $will$, $but$ $then$ $it$ $won$'$t$ $be$ $pretty$!
    According to webOSroundup, Sprint might not get HP Pre3. Considering they were their first adopters, that's really << messed (mod ed)>> up. On the other hand, after today nothing that HP does really surprises me.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgsman View Post
    According to webOSroundup, Sprint might not get HP Pre3. Considering they were their first adopters, that's really ****ed up. On the other hand, after today nothing that HP does really surprises me.
    To be fair, the carrier do get the final say on their phone lineup. While it is HP's job to sell their product. Sprint, like so many of us, may have just been tired of dealing with all of the BS.
    It's just funny to see how p'd off everyone is when it was obvious that this would happen....it always doeskokkkkgdf .on Where are all the people writing about how crappy android is with the fragmentation...?
    HP / Palm:

I am furious that you have decided not to release webos 2.0 OTA to my Palm Pre. Even though the case is cracked and the plastic screen is starting to warp and wrinkle, and the slider doesn't work right, and keyboard has issues, I have kept this phone in anticipation of 1) 2.0 update and 2) the next Pre.

Now I find out you won't be giving me the update, and on top of that, you probably won't be releasing the next phone within my contract period.

SCREW YOU

This is my FIFTH Palm device. My first was a m515 which I STILL USE because the 10-year-old calendar system is so much better than my stupid pre's calendar. (It's plugged into my computer charging right now.) In fact, the whole reason I originally bought the Pre is because I was so happy with my other Palm devices (which included several Treos). I switched carriers to get it, and paid more per month. I bought the Pre when it came out because I trusted you.

And now this. You won't support a phone that's 18 months old or less (Pre+)? What a disappointment. I can't believe you feel it's ok to lie to me (new device coming, hardware is ready, webos 2 is ready and it's the carrier's fault for not releasing it, Flash is coming, it's their fault, blah blah...) GO SCREW YOURSELVES because you will NEVER see a cent of my money again. I don't know yet what I will buy next, but it will not be HP/Palm, that's for sure. Oh, and since I both teach at a school and work in IT, I will use my influence to hurt your company because you have used your podium to lie to my face repeatedly. Time to upgrade the computer lab? Not with HP's. Time to install new server hardware? Not with HP's (which we currently use for servers and switches.) Friend wants a suggestion of what phone to buy? Not HP.

So much for loyalty to your customers. You deserve what you get.
    Maybe your new motto should be "Think about reality" aka customers
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    What fragmentation? Mojo-era devices will simply stop being supported by webOS apps. </sarcasm>
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It's just funny to see how p'd off everyone is when it was obvious that this would happen....it always doeskokkkkgdf .on Where are all the people writing about how crappy android is with the fragmentation...?
    I promised that I was done but this made me angry. How was it obvious that this would happen when they said the exact opposite? and in reference to android, It's fragmented for sure, but it's the next best thing, and I cant stand the sight of a palm device anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    What fragmentation? Mojo-era devices will simply stop being supported by webOS apps. </sarcasm>
    The good news:
    Developers finally got (limited) access to Enyo.

The bad news:
    The majority their potential customers won't have access to Enyo apps.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNYPE2K11 View Post
    You're going to believe them? REALLY? Plus that was said before they scrapped the 2.0 beta. In fact, it's still online, which leads me to think that 2.0 abandoning was a last minute decision. They're just trying to figure out how to keep people from jumping ship.
    No, not REALLY. I'm just being a sarcastic ***.

You are right, they made those statements to keep folks (consumers & smart investors) from jumping ship in light of their lack of presence at CES. I just can't believe HP would outright lie to our faces like this.

I hate bringing the law up, but one could argue that this constitutes an unfair and deceptive business practice under the different state consumer protection statutes. Better yet, and even more likely, a violation of SEC Rule 10b-5 -- Employment of Manipulative and Deceptive Devices.

It is not that they are not updating ... it is that they lied to us.