Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Will Enyo work with our 1.4.5 phones? I wouldn't think so, but I could be wrong...

2.0 Apps will NOT work on our phones.... what about the media API's... and the MIC API's that are in 2.0? basically we are dead in the water. And during the dev conference they said we need to UNLEARN mojo... that it was sloppy lol Congrats... we now have ZERO user base.. devs must feel great.
    I was a loyal Pre follower too. I also told people how this phone was one of the only ones out there that could really do multitasking well. I sold my Palm phone to Target and got a blackberry.

Oh well.
    Sorry I see nothing updated from the original article. Still states were all screwed.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    updated
    I saw it a few minutes ago, but it's gone now.
    If you just go to the front page you should see the updated version. Basically they added the info from Engadget that there would never be an update path for the Pre / Pre Plus other than buying a new device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    updated [url= major webOS OTA Updates to Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi, Pixi Plus | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community[/url]
    thanks deiter,

bummer
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/10/2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Not gonna happen anytime soon. Mods seem to have a very "hands-off" approach to all this craziness today lol.

(I actually think it's the best way to handle all this. )
    shoot. if anybody googles hard enough or rather smart enough they can find the doctors. They've been out since at least jan 28th i think.
    I was too optimistic, the updated article was not what i thought and i copied the old text, as pointed out below.
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/10/2011 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    from the updated article

"The door is not completely closed, however, as HP intends to launch a website in the coming months that offer users "a path to 2.x." What does that mean? It means that depending on carrier and device, HP may offer desktop-tethered updates via their webOS Doctor framework. It sounded as if it won't apply to all devices, however, so in some cases the "path to 2.x" will be to buy a new phone. Whether that "path" would involve discounts for existing customers is unclear."
    No, that's from the original. This is the update.

Update: after seeing that Jon Rubinstein told Engadget that the update wouldn't be offered on any older devices at all, we hit HP up for a statement. HP's statement seems to be an about-face from what we heard earlier today - saying that they could not optimize the new features they've added in webOS 2.x for the Veer and Pre 3 for older devices, so they wouldn't be offering an update. It's certainly a clearer message than what we heard before, but also a more depressing one. What are current webOS users to do? You could hold out hope that the mixed messages here mean that HP is still trying to figure out a solution for a USB/Computer-based update, but we're betting that the "path to 2.x" is much more likely to be some sort of upgrade discount. When we can get more (or even just clearer) information, we'll be sure to let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithjr42089 View Post
    Hey find the 2.0update for Pixi please (and someone explain or link me on how to install it?)
    have not seen one.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Update: after seeing that Jon Rubinstein told Engadget that the update wouldn't be offered on any older devices at all, we hit HP up for a statement. HP's statement seems to be an about-face from what we heard earlier today - saying that they could not optimize the new features they've added in webOS 2.x for the Veer and Pre 3 for older devices, so they wouldn't be offering an update. It's certainly a clearer message than what we heard before, but also a more depressing one. What are current webOS users to do? You could hold out hope that the mixed messages here mean that HP is still trying to figure out a solution for a USB/Computer-based update, but we're betting that the "path to 2.x" is much more likely to be some sort of upgrade discount. When we can get more (or even just clearer) information, we'll be sure to let you know.
    Ugh
    For the cache'd inclined;

Thanks Dieter....I'm sure being the bearer of bad news is no fun...
    Will Enyo work with our 1.4.5 phones? I wouldn't think so, but I could be wrong...
    wouldn't know. hell i barely know what Enyo is. I don't know a lick about developer stuff.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    for those not getting the refresh of the updated article:

Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    wouldn't know. hell i barely know what Enyo is. I don't know a lick about developer stuff.
    2.0 apps will not work with our phones.... and i can't see developers making anything in mojo now...
    heh....wow...meh.
    I betcha way back months ago before the pre 2 and now 3 and veer, when they announced 2.0, they knew this. That way, us pre minus (and plus) users would get all excited for it. But now that we can't get it on our phones, they hoped we'd get the new phones.
    well, I am done with slider keyboards. Physical keyboards. I'm ready for more apps, bigger screen with higher resolution...iPhone 5, when you come out, my pre minus goes. Especially now that Verizon is carrying the iPhone.
    "Update: after seeing that Jon Rubinstein told Engadget that the update wouldn't be offered on any older devices at all, we hit HP up for a statement. HP's statement seems to be an about-face from what we heard earlier today - saying that they could not optimize the new features they've added in webOS 2.x for the Veer and Pre 3 for older devices, so they wouldn't be offering an update. It's certainly a clearer message than what we heard before, but also a more depressing one. What are current webOS users to do? You could hold out hope that the mixed messages here mean that HP is still trying to figure out a solution for a USB/Computer-based update, but we're betting that the "path to 2.x" is much more likely to be some sort of upgrade discount. When we can get more (or even just clearer) information, we'll be sure to let you know."

What this means is that it's done. Forget the whole "You could hold out hope" part, we've been doing that for a long time now already - HP is starting from scratch.

What a stab in the back. One of the premises was that this phone/platform was designed to be future-proof (no I don't have quotes and I'm sure we wouldn't be able to find them now anyway) because of its automatic-update scheme - this was less than two years ago.

Wow. Are they really so confident with their new devices that they can come in with a now-essentially-new OS and compete with the established iOS and Android OSes?

I am more and more convinced that this is probably just a massive tax write-off for HP than anything else.