Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Well it looks like most of the webOS community has chimed in so it's my turn. I'm disappointed on a couple different fronts.

First as a regular user I agree with most of what everyone is saying. I'll stick with Sprint and my Pre- until my contract is up then figure out where to go from there. If there are new webOS devices then maybe I'll get one maybe not.

Second as a developer. Now common sense told me a year ago not to focus solely on mojo webOS apps anymore. I decided to switch to OpenGL based apps that are easily ported to other platforms. I'm happy I did since my webOS customers look to be jumping ship in a hurry.

Overall I feel kind of stupid for really pushing webOS. I also feel stupid for dedicating so much of my time into developing for webOS (got burned developing for PalmOS already, you'd think I would learn). Oh well we'll see what happens.

- Phil -
    I went to the ftp site last week, the files are not 0 kb, they are about 100 mb larger than the 1.4.5 equivalents. I tried the VZW one, but it just stayed on charging no matter how full of a charge I had.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    [url]

How about dis? shopped too?
    Yep, totally fake. You're terrible at this.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Got into the ftp... downloading all four now

I wonder if these will work for the Pixi

File:Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-ATT-prePlus_pre_att.jar
    401670 KB
    12/15/2010
    6:17:00 PM

File:Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-Sprint-pre_pre_sprint.jar
    389723 KB
    12/15/2010
    6:33:00 PM

File:Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-Verizon-prePlus_pre_verizon.jar
    398798 KB
    12/15/2010
    6:49:00 PM

File:Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-WR-pre_pre_wr.jar
    395565 KB
    12/15/2010
    7:06:00 PM

yeap.... still the same ones... i herd there may be newer versions floating around and more stable.... 12/15/2010 is whats out there in a few threads on here... we need something with a date of 2/2011
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Got into the ftp... downloading all four now

I wonder if these will work for the Pixi
    nope... only for Pre's
    <<quoted language deleted>>

I'm shocked. I thought you were full of it, considering the general P100EWW type model number convention for the doctors.

I think people should keep in mind though that there's no guarantee that this is finished code in these links, and could very well be for internal testing.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Can't wait for the moderator to come around and prune this non-sense.
    Not gonna happen anytime soon. Mods seem to have a very "hands-off" approach to all this craziness today lol.

(I actually think it's the best way to handle all this. )
    @ the guy who posted the link and then the ACTUAL download for the Sprint Pre webos2.0 doctor....PLEASE tell me there was a Pixi minus one. Im thrilled with most of 2.0, however if my calendar gets screwed Im going back to 1.4.5 (can I do that?)

I wonder what this "special something" for us legacy phones will be?
    Someone tell me if you can login with your existing palm profile? I tried one of these doctors a few weeks ago and it didn't let me
    Someone tell me if you can login with your existing palm profile? I tried one of these doctors a few weeks ago and it didn't let me
    Only one way to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm shocked. I thought you were full of it, considering the general P100EWW type model number convention for the doctors.

I think people should keep in mind though that there's no guarantee that this is finished code in these links, and could very well be for internal testing.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html

this is the thread talking about this release
    I doctored onto webos 2.0.1 a couple days ago and have been using it since. I dont know what they are talking about when they say it isnt ready for older hardware. It runs pretty smooth. And everything is about as fast a 1.4.5. Flash is a little buggy but with a little more work, they could have released it. Whatever, im happy with the build of 2.0.1 i have right now so i wont complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I COMPLETELY forgot 2.0 apps will not work on our phone!
    Remember everyone talking about the flood of apps cause people were waiting for the hardware too? Not seeing the flood waters rising.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithjr42089 View Post
    @ the guy who posted the link and then the ACTUAL download for the Sprint Pre webos2.0 doctor....PLEASE tell me there was a Pixi minus one. Im thrilled with most of 2.0, however if my calendar gets screwed Im going back to 1.4.5 (can I do that?)

I wonder what this "special something" for us legacy phones will be?
    Nothing for Pixies
    I am completely unable to install the Verizon doctor on my iMac.
    When I open the doctor, it opens up an installer for "Palm(R) webOS(tm) Drivers" and it fails to install every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html

this is the thread talking about this release
    It was my impression that thread was talking about a modified version on a Spanish website so I never actually read it, I didn't know about this one from the HP server.
    Hey find the 2.0update for Pixi please (and someone explain or link me on how to install it?)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Remember everyone talking about the flood of apps cause people were waiting for the hardware too? Not seeing the flood waters rising.
    Will Enyo work with our 1.4.5 phones? I wouldn't think so, but I could be wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and kind of defend HP.

Maybe they are actually catering to the homebrewers with this decision, and here's why:

The Sprint Pre shipped with a 500MHz clock speed (did they bump it up?) and less RAM. Maybe the HPalm people believe this would not give a satisfying experience on 2.x. So instead of pushing 2.x OTA and forcing it on everyone (making their device run crappier and getting mad at HP for crippling their phone), maybe they'll make it available online with a disclaimer. This way anyone wanting to upgrade (especially those of us running at 1GHz) can, and be totally happy, and people still running stock Pres who don't know any better don't have to if they don't want to.

Don't get all over me for this rationalization, it's just an idea I'm throwing out there
    Just not sure why they wouldn't come out and say something like this before all this speculation started turning into what is becoming a customer relations issue...I mean...they had everybodys attention for ~2hrs....
    Last edited by w2wpaul; 02/10/2011 at 12:48 AM.