Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Way to go HP/Palm, screw your existing customers.

I was so jazzed about the new stuff today until I heard this.

This goes 100% against what they said before that the Pre would get upgraded to 2.x "in the comming months".

I will not be buying a Pre2 now maybe never.

This just sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    HPalm has released the webOS DRs for the legacy devices. ftp://ftp.usa.hp.com/doctors

They are 2.0.1 Drs They are on the Official HP site. They are free to download to anyone. This is called a release.
    What's the username and password? ;-)
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    HPalm has released the webOS DRs for the legacy devices. ftp://ftp.usa.hp.com/doctors

They are 2.0.1 Drs They are on the Official HP site. They are free to download to anyone. This is called a release.
    Free to download for anyone? Then why does it ask for a username and password? Yeah, didn't think they were free for anyone to download or Jon Rubinstein would have said that rather than denying they would be released.
    Woh. It's locked now. I downloaded the sprint one just fine a few minutes ago.

In fact I can still download them just fine cause I still have a tab open with the FTP site. I'm getting the verizon and ATT for just cause I can lol
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 02/10/2011 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    And I quote :

" I put in all my time into creating Music Player (Remix) 2.0 with the goal of creating the best portable music listening experience. Since then I've worked non-stop (7 straight months) and have created an app that I feel meets my goal and is completely ready for submission to the app catalog.

But now all of it is in jeopardy. I've managed to build a pretty loyal userbase who have enjoyed using the app and now it appears that userbase has been wiped out in a single day. What was supposed to be a very exciting day has become the worst day of my webOS development experience.
    "

I think this is a very specific example of how this announcement generally spells the end of a platform. Spread doom and gloom? HP did it themselves.
    I'm getting that "Star Wars Online NGE" feeling...
    Woh. It's locked now.
    What a shame.
    Woh. It's locked now. I downloaded the sprint one just fine a few minutes ago.
    Having your late night funnies are we? Your soo full of it.
    that photo is obnoxious
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Looks like the link was taken down
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    See it was open a few minutes ago.
    You photoshop skills need work 0kb for all of them. LOL.
    My monkey could do a better fake.

Lol.

First, can you tell us the credentials?

Second, are you aware that most people just want this phone to do what was promised and not dive into FTP and such?
    I think chrome has a problem with FTP file sizes.
    Day 1 user of the Pre with 5 Pre's purchased on my my family plan with Sprint when it came out. I must have convinced dozens of people on how great this phone was as well as WebOS. Not any more! HP has totally screwed the pooch on this one. Who makes an announcement on new products while at the same time alienating the people who made it the best OS out there? Yes it is only a phone, but in our current society, it is technology that rules and the smartphone is clearly at the top of the pyramid on what people find as the most useful technology out there. Sorry HP, you just lost big on this goat rope. I dislike the privacy intrusions of Google's products but Android is the clear winner here. Heads need to roll at the top of your company for totally not taking care of your existing loyal customers!
    I think chrome has a problem with FTP file sizes.
    Chrome doesn't generate the file sizes you troll. You generated the file sizes :-p
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

I WANT TO BELIEVE (but I don't)
    Engadget is reporting that HP is going to have something for us older devices that can't have 2.0. It better be %50 of the choice of the two devices of my choice.

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post

I WANT TO BELIEVE (but I don't)
    That's a fake picture. I have never seen an unicorn, a ufo and the loch ness monster together in one pic.
    We need the @ReleaseMyPre guy to come give HP a earfull of hatred. Hopefully with lots of yelling and name-calling!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Engadget is reporting that HP is going to have something for us older devices that can't have 2.0. It better be %50 of the choice of the two devices of my choice.

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    Yeah, and they were going to have flash on the pre by the end of 2009. And an office editing suite by then too. And as of a couple weeks ago they weren't going to announce announce any new phones until they were only weeks away from release. And they were going to release a 2.0 update for older phones.

Don't believe it until you have the check/coupon in your hands.