Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lowridincrew View Post
    Well, I hope they still release patches at least
    HAHAHAHAHA

thats assuming that devs feel its still worth their time.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    My problem with this is that none of us being denied OTA updates should even be denied in the first place. They tell us months ago that this is going to really happen for us, only to smack us in the face today and tell us we'll have to take the time to get the updates via PC.

Even if it's not that hard to do I still don't think it's very fair to us. I'm due to get a new phone now, anyway.

(on my profile, I've got a link in my signature to my reaction to this announcement. it's not visible now because I'm a newbie lol)
    For some reason, this takes the sting away a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    And now this exists:

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ironically my WP7 device arrives tomorrow in the mail and i was hoping of using both my pre plus and HD7 but after this announcement i'd rather end my deal with HP and sell the pre+.. Stick with the OS that is very similar to iOS as keeping everything even out between devices so many updates to come... I rather get rid of it fast and not have to be disappointed.. And if webos 2 does come out for the pre+ in some way or another then owell
    Ruby is going to do something special for us? Ruby boy, you already did something special for us today.

NO TWO FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!

God, I wanted to love Palm so much!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    i don't care what your opinion of today's events are, that's funny right there!
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. I just hope HP does realize that these comments are coming from just a fraction of the very disappointed users. I did really like what I heard in one post... Class Action... hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Guys they said no OTA, not no update. You'll probably be able to doctor. That actually makes a lot of sense.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I wanted to be really upset by this announcement, since I am still rocking a launch Sprint Pre, but I'm content hobbling along until "summer" when I can pick up my Pre 3 and Touchpad. Now, if they don't come out on Sprint, THEN I'll be mad!
    k poca madre de jon rub No mas HP para mi, suficiente he tenido con sus malogradas laptops llenas de errores.. A la 8$%?.........
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    It's not just a river in Egypt.
    Quote Originally Posted by acco1st View Post
    I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. I just hope HP does realize that these comments are coming from just a fraction of the very disappointed users. I did really like what I heard in one post... Class Action... hmmmm
    This is the sort of thing people point to when complaining about American jurisprudence...

It makes me so angry.

What would the cause of action be? What are your specific monetary damages?
    Quote Originally Posted by SNYPE2K11 View Post
    yes we did and we read the new engadget article that came out after saying webos 2.0 ISN'T COMING.

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    K, I read that one. "he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market." So what does that mean? speacial upgrade pricing? Who knows, I don't.

Let's spead doom and gloom in the meantime. I'm tired of defending webOS to people with less tha 20 posts. My cheerleader skirt is getting warn out and you don't want to see my Schnauser weatring it.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I changed my profile picture to show palm and Hp's new marketing strategy, hope you all enjoy it.
    this really ssuckss! i guess than the only choice to jet te webos 2.0 was taking the mexican rom or buy the new device.... yeaa! HP YOU SUCK! TONIGHT, YOU HAD KILL YOUR SMALL COMUNITY. Just more incoming months!! and moree and moree!
    HP I HOPE YOU DELIVER THE UPDATE SOON AS POSIBLE, WHILE THIS:
    "VAS Y CHING*S A TU MADR*"!!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jobito8 View Post
    k poca madre de jon rub No mas HP para mi, suficiente he tenido con sus malogradas laptops llenas de errores.. A la 8$%?.........
    ^^ What he said.

I was chatting with Palm, trying to restore my angry birds, so i slyly introduced the question... Will Pre and Pixi users get 2.0??

Their response??

"I'm sorry we do not have any information regarding it as of now."

"For more details you can refer to our website, www.palm.com"

"I don't have authority to comment on it."
    Can anyone make a Lisa theme for the Pre? I'm just saying.

EDIT: It can have a magic 8 -ball app on it where you shake it up to find out if WebOS 2.0 will come to the original Pre. It can have answers on it like, "Maybe", "Maybe not", "Not over OTA", "I am so sad". etc, etc.

NO TWO FOR U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    And I quote :

" I put in all my time into creating Music Player (Remix) 2.0 with the goal of creating the best portable music listening experience. Since then I've worked non-stop (7 straight months) and have created an app that I feel meets my goal and is completely ready for submission to the app catalog.

But now all of it is in jeopardy. I've managed to build a pretty loyal userbase who have enjoyed using the app and now it appears that userbase has been wiped out in a single day. What was supposed to be a very exciting day has become the worst day of my webOS development experience.
    "

I think this is a very specific example of how this announcement generally spells the end of a platform. Spread doom and gloom? HP did it themselves.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Engadget posted that Rubinstein promises a "special surprise" to current 1.4.5 owners, but then it wouldn't be the first time he promised us something...
    HP has deep enough pockets, and enough examples of the danger of alienating fans*, that I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Coupon for $100 off a Pre 3" in the mail.

Heck, with how many Pre 2's they're chucking at developers, I could see those just being give away (with CDMA logic boards) to anyone with a still-active Pre.

(*: The best example? Apple sent out almost exactly the same thing for anyone who bought a iPhone (3G?) at launch when they cut the price a few months latter.)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    **** you, i enjoyed your os, i got this phone expecting flash within 2009, i legit will never see it for my device, waste of money, waste of time go **** off