Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 43 ... LastLast
    ok, did everyone read the article? you MAY be able to update to 2.x manualy through your PC. It's not the end of the world for P|C users, just for the average Joe
    I'm sticking around, though not blindly.

So what happened today? We got a demo of a tablet to be released this summer, that seems to stack up against the competition (and surpass it in some areas, though the ipad2 isn't out yet). We got 2 new phones, one which is an improved version of the one we have now, and another that is competing an niche that may be vulnerable. We got Kindle, and new API's, and new sdk's and frameworks. So the stuff we've been missing (compass, camera that can focus, sound api's, etc.) are now ready.

We also see HP talking about releasing WebOS on PC's (I am still doubting this), a promise for new phones, another table, media/magazines, etc.

What didn't I get? My 2 year old phone won't get an update. That sucks. Like it did when I was screwed over on my Palm 700p (one update, which broke stuff), a year later. Will the G1 get Honeycomb? Will my Palm Windows device get the latest Windows OS? No.

The old Palm burnt the relationship with Sprint, and now HP is working on repairing it. That will take time. Probably one of the new devices (4g, slab, etc.). I may be on another network by the time the relationship is repaired, and that may be good - they'll have to compete for me, and I want as many choices as possible.

But what I do know? In a few months, I'll be using a sleek tablet, with flash, and the most popular publications, downloading books from Amazon, and have a variety of options about how I connect everything. And that is good.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    I don't quite understand why people are conflating her looks with her professional role... would it somehow be different to you if she were plain or even unattractive? All I'm suggesting is for people to stop acting like dicks about it. Let's have a mature discussion about what was said, and not who said it.
    Most people hire attractive people for public relations... just like beer distributors only send cute girls/guys to bars to get the patrons to listen to them to buy their product. just saying... but her boss now has to keep an eye on what she posts.... <shaking head> there is a reason "don't shoot the messenger" is a popular quote.... because the messenger always gets shot lol
    I was so upbeat and happy with Palm's announcement today. Stuff looked pretty good. Then as I was showing my wife all the previews of HP's new toys, I ran across your article about the first gen Pre owners getting kicked to the curb. I went from giddy and happy to drunk and ****ed a few hours later. DARN you for pointing the truth out!! Still love you though Big D!! Keep up the good job.

See? I do not kill the messenger. Even when the messenger isn't as pretty as Lisa is.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    My phone will stop working....no wait.
    My GPS will stop working....no wait.
    My apps will not work...no wait.
    I will lose.....no wait.

I was looking forward to flash I admit but I am still happy with my Pre
    When you tell someone something, it depends on what part of the World you're standing in . . . as to just how silly you sound.
    Having gotten the Pixi+ last December '10 I was hoping to get the WebOS 2.0 but then again, just not a really bad news thing for me more of a saddening thing that I won't be able to share in the joy of webOS 2.x anytime soon.

Oh well, not making me want to leave the platform anytime soon and not really enough to make me want to moan at HP just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowslinger View Post
    My phone will stop working....no wait.
    My GPS will stop working....no wait.
    My apps will not work...no wait.
    I will lose.....no wait.

I was looking forward to flash I admit but I am still happy with my Pre

you will have no more developers write apps... you will not have mic API's... New programs will NOT work for your phone... just the new ones. there will be no more updates for your phone. no voice dialing..

Oh well... lol i'm not loosing sleep over this debacle. And for developers... we now basically have a ZERO user base.

And during the DEV conference they said you will have to UNLEARN mojo!!! that it was messy!! lol so def no more apps coming our way
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    ok, did everyone read the article? you MAY be able to update to 2.x manualy through your PC. It's not the end of the world for P|C users, just for the average Joe
    yes we did and we read the new engadget article that came out after saying webos 2.0 ISN'T COMING.

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    Well, that absolutely does it. EVO here I come.

HP, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    After seeing her Twitter page reviewing all of the facts, I now know that Lisa was telling the truth originally, Rubinstein is the one lying, and Lisa is pretty dang hot!! Hey, I am trying to positive. She wrote, "I work for Palm and put the "elation" in developer relations." I am getting elated just thinking about it!! That MUCH better than what my other end got from Rubinstein today!!
    She's definitely hot. Too bad Dieter is bohning her (pun intended).
    So, where exactly are all those people now who told those of us who said this day would come?

If I remember right, you called us crybabies, you called us chicken littles (the sky is falling), you called us wrong....

Well, now you can call us RIGHT!!!

HP screwed the pooch big time with this decision and their lackluster presentation today.
    Quote Originally Posted by medfordite View Post
    Having gotten the Pixi+ last December '10 I was hoping to get the WebOS 2.0 but then again, just not a really bad news thing for me more of a saddening thing that I won't be able to share in the joy of webOS 2.x anytime soon.

Oh well, not making me want to leave the platform anytime soon and not really enough to make me want to moan at HP just yet.
    some of us have been waiting for flash since it was announced in 2009, January to be exact. I thought I'd have it by November in that year for sure. I convinced a friend to buy a pre because of 2.0.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    And now this exists:

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Some of the posts in this thread are stupid. They DEMOED webOS 2.0 ON A SPRINT PALM PRE. Obviously this means it can be supported. My Plus is overclocked to 1ghz... I'm positive it can.
    No kidding, we ALL know 2.0 works on the older devices- what's your point?! The issue here is getting the update "to the masses" without wiping out their USB partitions! Apparently I can't be dobe OTA, so via a WebOSdoctor upgrade may be the way. Nobody is lying here, I don't think.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    +1 my friend. The Veer is a disaster before it ever leaves the gate. The Pre3 is underwhelming AGAIN, and wont even be leapfrogged by Sammy, Apple, HTC, Moto, and LG b/c they are generally already ahead of this "flagship".
    Why is it underwhelming? Because it's not a big slab phone?

Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I can't see why doctoring to webOS 2.0 would not be possible and it actually seems logical considering all the headache caused by releasing OTA updates and getting approval from the carriers.
    If they release the webos doctor images for 2.x for the older phones and bypass the carriers completely, that would be fine with me. The carriers probably aren't that interested in sending out OTA updates for phones that they've discontinued anyway and would find any excuse to drag their feet on releasing them.
    Man, what a bummer. I really enjoyed webOS after departing from Android. And I didn't mind that Flash wasn't available even though that was one of the features I most looked for, neither felt jealous of those Android handsets or those nice iOS apps. But I feel like I can't defend webOS anymore. I mean, what's the point? I've been loyal to webOS, regardless of the circumstances, and I get this?! "HP would do “something special” for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market", Gimme a break (and I apologize, I had to vent). I honestly don't care what HP has on summer, whatever iPhone 5 has, I'm in.

And good luck to the kick-*** webOS community, probably the best out there.
    Engadget posted that Rubinstein promises a "special surprise" to current 1.4.5 owners, but then it wouldn't be the first time he promised us something...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    And now this exists:

LOL
    Well, I hope they still release patches at least