Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 42 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    My Android and Black Berry friends are now going to laugh at me some more, guys T_T
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Like so many others I am feeling let down. I have no problem with no OTA just webdoctor it will do fine.
    It's going to be a long night in the Palm offices at HP!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Dude... Do you think you've never been lied to by a hot chick before??? Some free advice, ...
    I don't quite understand why people are conflating her looks with her professional role... would it somehow be different to you if she were plain or even unattractive? All I'm suggesting is for people to stop acting like dicks about it. Let's have a mature discussion about what was said, and not who said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    What a bunch of Liars. Thats it, the whole business I run is switching. Say goodbye to 75 Pre Lines Palm. You <<deleted by mod>> liars.
    +1 my friend. The Veer is a disaster before it ever leaves the gate. The Pre3 is underwhelming AGAIN, and wont even be leapfrogged by Sammy, Apple, HTC, Moto, and LG b/c they are generally already ahead of this "flagship".

But worst of all today is that we have gained nothing as users. HP has proven right outta the gate that they are LIARS. Just last week, we got the "no more 'in coming months'" or "we'll be releasing when we announce". And today we see it was nothing more than lies.

Now, the utter shafting of basically it's ONLY users after PROMISING v2 tells me about everything I need to know about HP. They are somebody I cannot be excited about partnering with.

Plus, we still don't have a decent 4"-4.3" slab device w/ VK, that the rest of the planet has gone bonkers for. We get another pixi style LOSER tho. PATHETIC!!

Today, I launch out to see my other options. TThis is what I feared HP would do. It's iPAQ redux from what I see.
    Patrick Horne
    What am I missing without 2.0?
    Stacks? not really missing them, I can organize my mini cards pretty well.
    Just type? Been doing that for almost everything for months now.
    Flash? Nope don't miss it, haven't had it in over a year on my phone, I'm used to it now.
    My customizeable 5X4 Launcher Page Set Up? Oya that's 1.4.5 NOT 2.0

I guess I'm really not missing anything. Sure, I was told I was going to get 2.0 for months that it was "coming in the the coming months", but ...whatever.... life's full of letdowns. I'd be more letdown if Bell doesn't carry a new webOS phone, whether it's the Pre2 or 3, as paying the 20-25/month for the 2 years left on my 3 year contract isn't going to be an option.

Wonder what the other 10 phones are going to be like?......2 phones every 2 months, isn't that what they said? So the 2 similar form factors are done, next round who knows, watches and toasters?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    and the Developers that now have a ZERO user base and no SDK and only a pre2 that isn't marketed or on any US carrier. They should be crying. that it will now take about a YEAR for a decent user base...
    This is another reason why I'm probably going to jump ship. I've been playing around with webOS development for the past few months, but now there's no point.
    2.0 on the pre minus= not good !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Soul searching and wondering if any jobs to leave for still exist. Uggggh.
    Patrick Horne
    Not sure what your talking about. I have 2.0 on my sprint pre and it works great, I have the doctor and all. Want some screen shots?
    For those of you just joining the thread, do yourself a favor and look at this YouTube video that was posted five or so pages ago. It is ROFL hilarious.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I can't see why doctoring to webOS 2.0 would not be possible and it actually seems logical considering all the headache caused by releasing OTA updates and getting approval from the carriers.

Not sure how some of the features will work without acceleration or otherwise like Flash, but I'd love to give it a try and my unit is well beyond warranty anyways so I'm keeping my figures crossed.

Looking forward to good news in the short future. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    I'm backing up my contacts tomorrow, my apps are usually free. Than I'm installing the 2.1 (leaked) doctor, than I'm going to patch it up, just as if it had come in OTA. I'll not release the rom please don't ask.

am I wrong for doing this after all 2.X was said to come to all devices, and been waiting for flash on the pre for almost 2 years.
    Is this doctor of 2.1 on precentral, or is it illegal/not allowed here?
    I believe!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    There is no spoon.
    So those unlocked pre2's on ebay are going to go like hotcakes now. With jacked up prices.

Grrr, i really just want to move on, but to what? Hate the fruit, hate android, no wm7 on sprint. Would go back to a berry but would have to be BBOS6 for which there is none on sprint.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Doesn't it just BOGGLE the mind how HP can go outside the company to hire a new CEO who then claims they will be releasing webOS products within weeks of announcement when it will really be more like six months?? Could the guy they hired be THAT STUPID or THIS MUCH MISINFORMED??? HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING HIM???????

If I am an HP Board Member, I am voting to put that womanizer guy back into the CEO position.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Last summer I went to Verizon to buy a MI-Fi and found out that the Pre Plus was a better deal (so did Steve Wozniak). I knew it was an orphaned OS but after using it and realizing it was the best mobile OS out there, i held out hope that HP would do something good with it. Today HP introduced three V8 powered Yugos. It was as if they never read any reviews of the iPad's shortcomings. To top the day off, they put a knife into the backs of their existing users and told the developer community that they are writing for a user base of zero.

I predict webOS will effectively be dead by Christmas. At least my hot spot teathering will remain to the end of my contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    For those of you just joining the thread, do yourself a favor and look at this YouTube video that was posted five or so pages ago. It is ROFL hilarious.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    Thanks to all who posted this. I had been wanting a new sig...
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It's going to be a long night in the Palm offices at HP!
    Good.