Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 41 ... LastLast
    Well, HP could mitigate the negative PRPRPR, $at$ $least$ $for$ $VZW$ $users$, $by$ $offering$ $a$ $free$ $Pre2$ $upgrade$ $to$ $anyone$ $who$ $has$ $the$ $Pre$+. $However$, $the$ $problem$, $as$ $many$ $point$ $out$, $is$ $that$ $WebOS$ $2$ $is$ $basically$ $a$ $dead$ $end$ $for$ $now$ $and$ $there$ $probably$ $won$'$t$ $be$ $many$ $apps$ $or$ $homebrew$ $developed$ $for$ $it$.

With those issues, I doubt I would even accept a free Pre2 if they offered it, if I had to extend my contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNYPE2K11 View Post
    That's not really person opinion though. Virtual machines are slower than native code. FACT.

I'm going to school for software engineering, this is kinda the one thing that I excel in.

A Pre - on webOS played N.O.V.A. just was well as my brother's HTC Droid Incredible (that's 1 GHz with 512 MB of RAM).

It's just we're at the point where the phones are so powerful it's starting to not matter.

Other than that I agree with you completely. I'm already trying to figure out my iPhone plan. AT&T or Verizon...I'll wait until iPhone 5 probably so that I don't get caught right before a big update.
    Android actually suffers from lack of hardware acceleration which will be implemented with the new versions of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    After seeing her Twitter page reviewing all of the facts, I now know that Lisa was telling the truth originally, Rubinstein is the one lying, and Lisa is pretty dang hot!! Hey, I am trying to positive. She wrote, "I work for Palm and put the "elation" in developer relations." I am getting elated just thinking about it!! That MUCH better than what my other end got from Rubinstein today!!
    Lisa is a typical BS'er ... just cuz a chick is hot doesn't mean anything... You seriously believe she is HEARTBROKEN over this? lol what a joke... she is a joke.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Leo Apotheker “I hope one day people will say ‘this is as cool as HP,’ not ‘as cool as Apple’.”
    Apotheker: HP to ship products within weeks of announcement, wants to sit at the cool kids table | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

This is Not cool!
    If the Pre 3 where available in the next month, not this summer (which sounds an awful lot like "the coming months") I might be inclined to let it slide.

Right now, all I can do is figure out which Android phone I will get.

Palm/HP will lose a lot of established users with this move. I got to guess that HP figures that they are too big to fail, Palm all ready did.

I might add that PreCentral took the article off there main page, Still there if you know the link, ( No major webOS OTA Updates to Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi, Pixi Plus | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community ) but like buried it. Are they getting some sort of kick back from HP?
    It's seriously not that big of a deal. My life doesn't rely on Palm, and I am excited by today's announcements and excited for the future. The webOS 2.0 announcement is disappointing but makes sense.

I still think a doctor is possible.
    they should of just told us that 2.0 wasnt coming to pre from the beginning...we are grown adults we can face facts...but we dont like being misled or lied to...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Lisa is a typical BS'er ... just cuz a chick is hot doesn't mean anything... You seriously believe she is HEARTBROKEN over this? lol what a joke... she is a joke.
    I think you're being unfair and rather mean here. Yes, a lot of us (myself included) are pretty upset by today's news, but there are people who actually care about what they do. Her original tweet was not the best idea, but I believe it was at least well intentioned. She probably feels let down by HP too. Let's not shoot the messenger.
    That is some funny ish right there!! lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by dmklein View Post
    I might add that PreCentral took the article off there main page, Still there if you know the link, ( No major webOS OTA Updates to Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi, Pixi Plus | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community ) but like buried it. Are they getting some sort of kick back from HP?
    The article was posted at 5pm, and organically fell off the frontpage due to the number of later posts. Dieter should have some more info after the dev events. It is on page 2 at the moment, no kick backs.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    can we not be quite so heated? I mean,im as upset as you are,but...
    engadget is talking to jon rubenstein. We'll see how things turn out in an hour.
    And they are reporting on another promise.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    even if legacy devices don't have enough power, its not like this is new info. Jon could have told us this 6+ months ago. Many of us would be unhappy but would accept the reality and move forward. Now people are ****ed cuz we've been waiting for months for something that will never happen.
    I would have been fine with an announcement and explanation today during the event. Seems more like they hoped that we are all too stupid to notice or care.
    Just for laughs, someone should compile a list of all the promises Palm either broke or reneged on over the 2 year history of webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    I think you're being unfair and rather mean here. Yes, a lot of us (myself included) are pretty upset by today's news, but there are people who actually care about what they do. Her original tweet was not the best idea, but I believe it was at least well intentioned. She probably feels let down by HP too. Let's not shoot the messenger.

She's prob upset at the fact she shouldn't have posted what she did.... not about being upset about Pre Users NOT getting an update...

Her pride was hurt about mis-posting... and putting "sauces" on it doesn't help... "my firends are asking me if i'm ok" why cuz you are devastated and crying? lol yea ok...

and the Developers that now have a ZERO user base and no SDK and only a pre2 that isn't marketed or on any US carrier. They should be crying. that it will now take about a YEAR for a decent user base...
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    Dude... Do you think you've never been lied to by a hot chick before??? Some free advice, if she said it was not you but it was her... she meant it was you. If she said she just wasn't ready to date someone again, she meant she wasn't ready to date someone again if it was YOU as opposed to someone she was attracted to. If she said she would really like to date you but it was just bad timing, she meant from now to end of days would be pretty bad timing to date you.

We've all been through it dude. Learn the signs!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    bunch of liars
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The userbase is going to shrink to nothing in the next two months if HP does not deliver something in the next 24 hours, and it had better be pretty significant. I could handle waiting on new devices(I am under contract), but honestly, the database issue, how hard would it be to require some storage out of the 16GB of storage, export the databases, do a full update, then restore from the database in the new format? Hell, give us an extra 16GB of temporary space in our Palm profile to back up our databases to ahead of the update, then push the database back down.

As far as processing power, don't 95 percent or more have the ability to run at 1GHz, with 90 percent of original Palm Pres able to run at that speed?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    wow. This thread has more posts/views (and rightfully so) than any other threads today (including the new devices announcement).
    I feel so bad for convincing my friend to get a Palm Pre. Feck.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    there's still quite a bit of confusion yet about whether the doctors themselves will or won't be released (i mean we know they are ready already, so this seems stupid not to release them at this point). Screw the OTA update, as long as doctors exist.

#2 let's not forget webosinternals IS h-palm as far as I'm concnerned - those technogeeks will figure a way for us I guarantee you. Yes they're unofficial , but who hasn't hacked their pre into developer mode by now (webosinternals IS the reason h-palm even exists)

I will give up when webosinternals gives up. Until then, I'm still game.
    what part of the engadget article with ruby didn't make sense to you? The part that said it's not coming?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    I feel so bad for convincing my friend to get a Palm Pre. Feck.
    I feel worse since I convinced family members to get a Palm Pre Plus. I am surprised the devs of existing apps are not stringing the HP reps up from the ceiling over this.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I'm backing up my contacts tomorrow, my apps are usually free. Than I'm installing the 2.1 (leaked) doctor, than I'm going to patch it up, just as if it had come in OTA. I'll not release the rom please don't ask.

am I wrong for doing this after all 2.X was said to come to all devices, and been waiting for flash on the pre for almost 2 years.