Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    * That light at the end of the tunnel is light, but it's not the exit to the tunnel. It's actually the entrance to hell.

* Their "Think beyond" slogan must have been "Faithful webOS users will have heart attacks and die and go to heaven after they hear the pure **** we will announce.
    Rubinstein? More like rubins***face. I don't even see how he's still leader of the Palm division of hp when he doesn't give a damn about pre +/- pixi +/- users. "Not enough horsepower". That's BS. Like what other people have been saying, 2.0 runs well on a pre +/-. But I'm wondering about the pixi....
    Quote Originally Posted by ppp2 View Post
    +100000

there's still quite a bit of confusion yet about whether the doctors themselves will or won't be released (i mean we know they are ready already, so this seems stupid not to release them at this point). Screw the OTA update, as long as doctors exist.

#2 let's not forget webosinternals IS h-palm as far as I'm concnerned - those technogeeks will figure a way for us I guarantee you. Yes they're unofficial , but who hasn't hacked their pre into developer mode by now (webosinternals IS the reason h-palm even exists)

I will give up when webosinternals gives up. Until then, I'm still game.
    I saw a demo of the new Android system Honeycomb. It was written by the guy who wrote the UI for WebOS before he jumped to Google. It looks an awful lot like WebOS with stacks and everything. I will be looking very closely at the reviews when writers get a hands on look at it. I am thinking that leaving WebOS to Honeycomb won't be that big of a deal to being able to multitask.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    from Twitter:
    Adora Lisa Brewster
    Guys, no OTA for legacy devices does NOT necessarily mean you're never getting 2.0. We're still working to do right by you.
    I'm rotflmgao @ Lisa Brewster's home page Lisa Brewster (lisabrewster) on about.me Her 2nd paragraph about herself she says, "The theatre's rigging system was condemned during rehearsals, so I had to run the show from backstage and dart behind flying walls and things when the entire set is flung apart during the explosive final scene.

Life's been a lot like that ever since."

It sounds like today has been no exception.
    I spent my money to get the features then currently offered, with no knowledge of future product plans. (I did purchase after the HP acquisition of Palm, so I had some confidence that webOS would survive.) Would I like 2.0 OTA? Sure, but given the history of Android updates, it may have been a missed opportunity to differentiate HP webOS, but that different than other choices? Pay for iPhone updates? Uncertainty about Android updates? No upgrade to 2.0 OTA doesn't really pain me, or deter me from considering the new features of webOS 2.0 and 3.0 next time I go to buy a device. In fact, the cloud integration and cross-platform sharing -- including PCs -- is a strong argument to stay with webOS, even if I wasn't already in love with the intuitive gesture-based interface. Android and iPhone still feel like "I'm a button pusher." Lack of 2.0 for legacy devices is not a deal killer for me. Cloud integration and scale across all HP devices is a real reason to prefer HP and webOS. It suddenly makes HP more than just a generic PC maker.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Ah, when i bought the Pre back in '09, i had so much hope for Webos....

Funny how things can change in a matter of years.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 10:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Yeah, after having been played for a SAP, it is time to "Think Beyond HP".
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    * That light at the end of the tunnel is light, but it's not the exit to the tunnel. It's actually the entrance to hell.

* Their "Think beyond" slogan must have been "Faithful webOS users will have heart attacks and die and go to heaven after they hear the pure **** we will announce.
    ROFL!!!!!
    i can understand why some people feel slighted and I think they have a right to feel that way. But honestly, how much longer are you gonna rock ur release day pre anyway? I want new hardware way more than webos 2.0 & I got a pre+ on launch day. I'm way passed being tired of my crappy keyboard.

I'm tried android it's not better than webos. Neither is iOS, but its got a lot of apps & i do like apple products. so for me it's either a new pre3 or iphone5 come this summer
    this is a betrayal, an unforgivable betrayal
    trade in is a joke a beat to **** pre or pixi cant be worth more than 25 bucks in a trade
    No, They have to announce something TODAY! They can't say "no webos 2.0/1, wait t'ill summer for more news"

I convinced a friend to buy a pre based on 2.0.. FLASH!!! Announced 2 years ago, still not on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I'm rotflmgao @ Lisa Brewster's home page Lisa Brewster (lisabrewster) on about.me Her 2nd paragraph about herself she says, "The theatre's rigging system was condemned during rehearsals, so I had to run the show from backstage and dart behind flying walls and things when the entire set is flung apart during the explosive final scene.

Life's been a lot like that ever since."

It sounds like today has been no exception.
    After seeing her Twitter page reviewing all of the facts, I now know that Lisa was telling the truth originally, Rubinstein is the one lying, and Lisa is pretty dang hot!! Hey, I am trying to positive. She wrote, "I work for Palm and put the "elation" in developer relations." I am getting elated just thinking about it!! That MUCH better than what my other end got from Rubinstein today!!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I believe. My feelings aren't hurt. I can hold out with my one and only launch day Sprint Pre to see what the summer holds carrier-wise & that 'something special' from Ruby entails for us loyal peeps. Not going to reward inferior OS's cuz of a little disappointment.
    um. not cool.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    I think I will stick with my 4x4 icons for now!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget

Key quote: " That said, it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market" - He being Ruby.
    "I work for Palm and put the "elation" in developer relations." ... So where do I sign up to be a developer???