Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
    I would wait for something a little more concrete, then start roasting them on Twitter and the like.

Because everyone's making way too many assumptions here.

And you know what they say about assume . . .
    HELLO!!!! WAIT WAIT WAIT - Dont you get it?! Everyone's been waiting for "the coming months" after "months" after "months. No promises - only lies.

You keep waiting and die with a dieing platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Your personal opinion of Android aside, I'm referring more to the idea of moving on.

Too many people have waited and wasted upgrades waiting for WebOS to shine.

The Pre 3 and Veer are not the answer.
    That's not really person opinion though. Virtual machines are slower than native code. FACT.

I'm going to school for software engineering, this is kinda the one thing that I excel in.

A Pre - on webOS played N.O.V.A. just was well as my brother's HTC Droid Incredible (that's 1 GHz with 512 MB of RAM).

It's just we're at the point where the phones are so powerful it's starting to not matter.

Other than that I agree with you completely. I'm already trying to figure out my iPhone plan. AT&T or Verizon...I'll wait until iPhone 5 probably so that I don't get caught right before a big update.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    god damn it
    We are announcing products that will be here late in the summer... about 6 months from now... oh yea... everyone that loves us... F off... we no longer support you. Buy our outdated equipment in 6 months after the iPhone5. And to our developers... you now have a ZERO user base and NO SDK..... so sit on your hands till we release SDK2.0 with ZERO phones that support it... well the Pre2 but we are keeping that a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead-227 View Post
    Actually, considering the fact that a number of people have demonstrated WebOS 2.x on the original Pre-, I'd say Ruby is the liar...
    Or maybe they're both right? It runs on the Pre-, but slower than 1.4.5? According to Engadget, it doesn't "have the horsepower to properly run webOS 2.0 and beyond" (emphasis added).
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNYPE2K11 View Post
    That's not exactly a light at the end of the tunnel though.

Android isn't that great. Virtual machines are always going to be slower than native code, regardless of JIT compilers. Android doesn't have REAL multitasking either. The next best implementation I can think of is iOS 4's implementation. I REALLY don't want to have to go over to the dark side, I just got an old Mac computer, I don't need to get an iPhone too...
    I agree, webOS multitasking is second to none, and you would have to pay me a lot to switch to iPhone. That only leaves Android. I love webOS and will continue to love it... I just can't wait any longer for 2.X. It's been long enough and I've had it. I will NOT wait 5+ months for new phones that should have been out months before. I simply do not have the money for new phones right now.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead-227 View Post
    Actually, considering the fact that a number of people have demonstrated WebOS 2.x on the original Pre-, I'd say Ruby is the liar...
    Good point!! Maybe Ruby is the liar. There is at least one rat here somewhere but it maybe a whole nest!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    What a long strange trip it's been, starting in 1999... The Handspring Visor Deluxe, Handspring Visor Edge, Handspring Treo 270, Palm Treo 600, Palm Treo 650, Palm Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi... and now I think it may be time for a Droid! HP you suck!! I have enjoyed WebOs, but have been disgruntled when we lost our desktop syncing. That was the start of kicking the old Palm users out the door. Thanks for wasting my time!
    Quote Originally Posted by boredtodeath View Post
    I was hanging on the lies that HP spewed about "Think Beyond" with high hopes. Well after all the disclosures of NO 2.X updates and no hint of Pre3 for Sprint and the lie of not announcing devices that won't be delivered in months but weeks, I can now say SCREW YOU hp! I'm thinking beyond to a new Android device.
    I think that might have actually been what they meant by "Think Beyond". Move on webOS faithful to more lush (successful) pastures (iOS/android).
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Really glad I didn't stick around with my original Pre to wait for this announcement. Very disappointed with Palm at the moment and think it is crap that for the early adopters and those staunch supporters that they are getting screwed even more than the crappy build quality by more broken promises and not many new options for phones, pretty much screwed for sticking by them.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    god damn it
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I think that might have actually been what they meant by "Think Beyond". Move on webOS faithful to more lush (successful) pastures (iOS/android).
    So, as someone summed it up best in an earlier post: Think Beyond HP
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    ... I just can't wait any longer for 2.X. It's been long enough and I've had it. I will NOT wait 5+ months for new phones that should have been out months before. I simply do not have the money for new phones right now.
    Why not stick with whatever phone you have now, save up, and then get whatever phone is the most attractive when you DO have the money for a new phone? I'm just as disappointed about the announcement (I'm a June Sprint Pre owner) and will very likely ditch webOS when my Pre dies, but you're really not making much sense here.
    Definitely sucks...I had been looking forward to Flash on my Sprint Pre for a while now....I don't know if my phone can hold out until summer for Pre3 either....might have to get an Android phone and wait to get a Touchpad for my WebOS fix. I don't know...I'm extremely dedicated to it as a phone though.

I dunno.
    Looks like they're looking for a new line up of fans. Now I have to choose, Android or iOS. Time to do some research. Siiiiiiiggggghhhh.
    never been this excited to get the Apple Iphone 5 ever!!!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Engadget sat down with Mr. Rubenstein.

"Jon was pretty candid with us, saying that Palm had "missed a product cycle" in the midst of its financial troubles and subsequent acquisition by HP last year, and that the older products simply don't have the horsepower to properly run webOS 2.0 and beyond."

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    1. not enough power is bs. i know i saw people with 2.x roms on their pre+ on here.
    2. even if legacy devices don't have enough power, its not like this is new info. Jon could have told us this 6+ months ago. Many of us would be unhappy but would accept the reality and move forward. Now people are ****ed cuz we've been waiting for months for something that will never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by superblast View Post
    so, as someone summed it up best in an earlier post: Think beyond hp
    +100000
    I understand the potential difficulty involved in OTA for older devices, and I understand the need to look forward instead of backward. What I don't understand is why an official statement was not made acknowledging they made a promise they now know they cannot make keep. That just seems like the right thing to do. It would also go a long way in mending some damaged relationships with a customer base that is perceiving (right or wrong) this as just another of a long string of broken promises. Regardless I will remain a loyal webOS customer.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    never been this excited to get the Apple Iphone 5 ever!!!
    +1 LOL and I am a big Apple hater (but not as much as I hate HP now)