Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraw23 View Post
    So now that we know for sure that HP and Palm lied to us I am just curious of what developers think. Will you continue to write apps and games for this platform when so many of those who before today were loyal are now jumping ship?

Btw, Apple and Google have to be laughing hysterically at HP today, just my two cents
    This is has just created ZERO user base... the Pre2 is basically NON existent and never even marketed to sell. So there are a handfull of pre2's out there... and mojo framework will not be supported in the "future", and there is NO SDK 2.0 out yet... Developers are jerked. we are back to zero user base and the next phone with webos 2.0 to go out is in 5-6 MONTHS from now. Pre2 = developers phone in my eyes.. just a proof of concept.
    what a hypocrite that ruby man...its a shame.oh well,at least now i can sell this obsolete device on craigslist for 50 bucks and pass on the agony and pain of... oreo effects,phone shutting off and on at random times,jittery hardware,battery overheats,and best of all! this is everyones favorite VOLUME BUTTONS AND POWER BUTTONS coming off! yay.screw u palm.hello windows phone 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'm glad at least some are seeing the light and the end of the tunnel.
    It's time to move on guys.
    That's not exactly a light at the end of the tunnel though.

Android isn't that great. Virtual machines are always going to be slower than native code, regardless of JIT compilers. Android doesn't have REAL multitasking either. The next best implementation I can think of is iOS 4's implementation. I REALLY don't want to have to go over to the dark side, I just got an old Mac computer, I don't need to get an iPhone too...
    Global Posts
    987 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c4r3b34r View Post
    omfg, I have 6 phones on sprint 4 pre 2 pixi, I was goingto upgrade all to the new pre 2's on 3 of my lines but after hearing this bs!! I'm going androidddddd
    I'm in the same scenario the whole family of 5 has Palm pres and pixis I had already gotten my wife exited about "stacks" and now I feel like a big loser. i also feel like switching to a company that delivers promises
    I'm looking at the Engadget article, and as I understand it, it's the case that either the Pre is going to get an update via doctor to 2.x, or that there's going to be some great promotion involving "something special" for the faithful among us. I'm pretty sure that Jon is smarter than a lot of us seem to think, and, with the power of HP behind him, and only a couple dozen (exaggeration) people actually still using a Pre/Pre+/Pixi/Pixi+, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something pretty spectacular up his sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNYPE2K11 View Post
    That's not exactly a light at the end of the tunnel though.

Android isn't that great. Virtual machines are always going to be slower than native code, regardless of JIT compilers. Android doesn't have REAL multitasking either. The next best implementation I can think of is iOS 4's implementation. I REALLY don't want to have to go over to the dark side, I just got an old Mac computer, I don't need to get an iPhone too...
    Your personal opinion of Android aside, I'm referring more to the idea of moving on.

Too many people have waited and wasted upgrades waiting for WebOS to shine.

The Pre 3 and Veer are not the answer.
    It's really a moot point with me, my Sprint Pre is fine overclocked and patched will serve me fine until the release of the Pre 3 this summer. My June of 09 Pre still works great, no oreo, no dead pixels, no random shut offs, no nada.
    Quote Originally Posted by w2wpaul View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but lets not attack the messengers...
    If she had told us what Ruby said, that there will be no upgrade on the original Pre because of impossible technical limitations, she would be the messenger. What she said was that there could still be a non-OTA upgrade for the original Pre which Ruby is saying is impossible. I am attacking a LIAR.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I understand that you can't support old hardware forever, but what is really upsetting is the "webos 2.0 for your sprint pre in the coming months" garbage that was on their website for months. This just sceams poor management and I expected more from HP.
    That "something spectacular up his sleeves" was supposed to be for today. If I don't get 2.0, I'm not buying another webOS device and I'm jumping ship to iOS. This is pure BS and I won't do this crap anymore.
    Just read this...face palm. I was really counting on that update to hold me over until I could save up for the pre3....hmm me thinks hard about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    If she had told us what Ruby said, that there will be no upgrade on the original Pre because of impossible technical limitations, she would be the messenger. What she said was that there could still be a non-OTA upgrade for the original Pre which Ruby is saying is impossible. I am attacking a LIAR.
    Actually, considering the fact that a number of people have demonstrated WebOS 2.x on the original Pre-, I'd say Ruby is the liar...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    So according to Engadget, Ruby the man himself just went back on a promise for bringing WebOS 2.0 to older generation devices.

Only Pre 2 and above get 2.0

How does that make you feel?
    THey are not leaving 1st Gen out in the cold though

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget

Supposedly something is going to be done for 1st gen people
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    If she didn't know for sure, it probably would have best not to say anything, rather than to raise hopes, only to have them dashed yet again. We've had enough hopes dashed today.

I was so excited this morning...
    can we not be quite so heated? I mean,im as upset as you are,but...
    engadget is talking to jon rubenstein. We'll see how things turn out in an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    OK ToniCipriani and you others, it's official, no 2.0. Now, about that beachfront property in Kansas I have for sale, please send your checks made out to 'cash' to...
    You're not kidding!

How stupid and foolish can you guys be? Even today alone they lied twittering there "might" be an update coming - now they're saying it's not. They don't know what they're doing!

Toni and all others out there - keep dreaming and paying your hard earned dollars to a company that doesn't care about you - they only want your money and for you to dream "in the coming months".

HP - you failed!!!! Not another penny from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I don't subscribe to twitter, so I can't be sure, but the way her tweet was worded from the forums made it sound like she wasn't sure of what was going on either ("...doesn't necessarily mean you're not getting a 2.x update")....of course all of this would be moot if we were talking about a company that didn't lie to its user base....
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    can we not be quite so heated? I mean,im as upset as you are,but...
    engadget is talking to jon rubenstein. We'll see how things turn out in an hour.
    more disappointments and more lies!!
    I was hanging on the lies that HP spewed about "Think Beyond" with high hopes. Well after all the disclosures of NO 2.X updates and no hint of Pre3 for Sprint and the lie of not announcing devices that won't be delivered in months but weeks, I can now say SCREW YOU hp! I'm thinking beyond to a new Android device.
    All I said: Meh.

My Pre Plus still does what I need it to do, and I'm firm on the idea of no slate keyboardless device for me. Yes, no 2.0 does suck, it does run nicely on my Bell Pre with the additional unoverclocked smoothness. But the Flash on it still sucked and served no purpose.

I'll exhaust my stock of 4 batteries, then see how it goes. I didn't pay anything for my Pres so I lost nothing. I'll keep using it until they can't connect to Palm Profiles.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here