Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 37 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    So now that we know for sure that HP and Palm lied to us I am just curious of what developers think. Will you continue to write apps and games for this platform when so many of those who before today were loyal are now jumping ship?

Btw, Apple and Google have to be laughing hysterically at HP today, just my two cents
    I spoke to an HP rep tonight who confirmed it will be possible for us to get it (not OTA but free).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraw23 View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me that someone with some smarts within the company thought they should take care of this problem before this fire storm started.
    That's what boggles my mind! They've had months to either make 2.x work with legacy devices or at least come up with something other than a "my dog ate it" excuse that they used today. I mean, one of the biggest announcements in their history and they didn't bother to think through how their base would feel when this news was presented to them?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I will NOT wait any longer for "something special". My fiancee already got a Epic and it rocks. I kept the pre minus we had and activated it as a second line for myself in hopes of continuing to develop for 2.0 when it came out... I didn't even use the subsidy because I loved webOS so much. I've been working with Android a little now and will probably head that way if something doesn't break in the next week or two.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    now that engadget has realized that HP Palm failed, the top banner of engadget now say VERIZON IPHONE in huge red letters.
    omfg, I have 6 phones on sprint 4 pre 2 pixi, I was goingto upgrade all to the new pre 2's on 3 of my lines but after hearing this bs!! I'm going androidddddd
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I will NOT wait any longer for "something special". My fiancee already got a Epic and it rocks. I kept the pre minus we had and activated it as a second line for myself in hopes of continuing to develop for 2.0 when it came out... I didn't even use the subsidy because I loved webOS so much. I've been working with Android a little now and will probably head that way if something doesn't break in the next week or two.
    I'm glad at least some are seeing the light and the end of the tunnel.
    It's time to move on guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuiiMuii View Post
    i feel very sad and upset about it, because i bought my phone just 4-5 months ago. a palm pre with touchstone etc in a cheaper package and with the thinking "webOS2 will be on this thing with new features etc" i was sticking to it and hoped it will get vpn so i can use it on campus and work. i kinda feel sorry for all the money i spend on it. i knew i was buying older hardware but the software was promising, i like some patches but those arent a real point for me to stick to it. i cant shell out another 240 for the palm pre 3 and to be hones...i hoped it will be a landscape slider, so i can get rid of the cramped feeling
    I hope they replace any Pre with Pre3 (you pay the price difference) for any purchase of last 6 months, and throw in $200 for other Pre/Pre+ owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    So according to Engadget, Ruby the man himself just went back on a promise for bringing WebOS 2.0 to older generation devices.

Only Pre 2 and above get 2.0

How does that make you feel?
    not that I will be waiting for it but I think you left a part out of the post on Engadget. Doesn't make any difference to me but some might like that statement. Especially the relatively new Pre, Pre +, Pixi, and Pixi+ owners.

"That said, it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market".

Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    now that engadget has realized that HP Palm failed, the top banner of engadget now say VERIZON IPHONE in huge red letters.
    They had that before, during, and after the announcement. btw
    Sprint Love
    Google is the root of all that is evil.....google watches you while you sleep it seems. Apple is rapidly losing it's dominance and I was willing to bet the long shot in the race but not now....I can't even stomach a windows phone. Maybe Stevie Jobs will pull through and light the world on fire with the 5 because i want out of webOS. Been lied to and strung along more than what my high school girlfriend did to me with HPalm
    Well I was holding off trying Preware until after I got WebOS 2.0 on my Pixi. So much for that! Preware, here I come.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    The complete lack of apps on the next gen hardware was bad enough (Netflix???). This seals the deal for me. I should have gotten an EVO when it first came out.
    Some of the posts in this thread are stupid. They DEMOED webOS 2.0 ON A SPRINT PALM PRE. Obviously this means it can be supported. My Plus is overclocked to 1ghz... I'm positive it can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    So she went to saying we might still get the update to admitting that we won't. I bet your heart isn't as heavy as the BS you spewed earlier in the night when you said we might get a non-OTA update. But please... tell me you are okay babe, so I can sleep tonight.
    Ah, we can't blame the messenger.

I suspect she just found out herself too - check the timing of the Engadget article and then her tweet...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w2wpaul View Post
    From Engadget:
    "Jon was pretty candid with us, saying that Palm had "missed a product cycle" in the midst of its financial troubles and subsequent acquisition by HP last year, and that the older products simply don't have the horsepower to properly run webOS 2.0 and beyond. That said, it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market."

Might be too late for that Ruby....

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if agreed to offer "Free" Pre3 for trading in old Pre. What guarantee do we have that they wont change their mind the last minute (as they did today).
    HP really screwed it up. I wish Palm was still Palm and not HP.
    When they come out with WebOS 3.0, they'll want you to buy Pre4 (because Pre3 wont have enough horsepower to handle 3.0).
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I'm just happy they are being honest with us now.
    That reminds me of an old SNL episode that had The Rock hosting. Vince McMahon, Triple H and Mick Foley were talking behind stage.

VINCE: We really have to support The Rock tonight since he is hosting the show.

TRIPLE H: "I don't know Vince. This seems like it could be a set up by you to ambush us. How do we know you are not lying."

VINCE: "I promise that I would never lie to you . You have nothing to worry about."

MICK: "Are you saying that you'll never lie to us again?"

VINCE: "No. I will definitely lie to you again but I'm just not lying to you right now. I promise."
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    It will be a trade-in offer.

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget

Not much use to me, on a 3rd-party reseller plan.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    On a day that should have been triumphant for the WebOS faithful, they hit you with this, and overshadow all the good they did today. Even my cold, stony, iPhone using heart hurts a little for you this day. Even I am upset with HP over this.

The strange thing is I got it backward. I thought they would announce immediate availability for 2.0, while discontinuing the Pre 2. I didn't see this coming.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNYPE2K11 View Post
    Well there are unofficial doctors floating around the internet. Time to put them to use. HP wont support us? Then we can support ourselves. We waited for Flash, so let's take it back.
    I think it's sad that we have to resort to using unofficial solutions to get what we were promised officially.

sigh.