Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 36 ... LastLast
    Here's my tweet:

@Palm Promised Flash over a year ago, Said WebOS 2.0 would hit soon, Told products would launch quickly after announcements = ALL LIES!!!

Twitter: Sincere303
    Sorry if this was posted already. (I didn't have the patience to read this entire thread.) Wouldn't our *****ing and moaning be better directed to hp than this forum? People are saying "goodbye HP!" Will HP hear you leaving? Maybe the place to post is at welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/email_3.html

There's even a link to leave a message for the CEO. --Scott
    i keep posting the same thing but I can't help it maybe because I am ticked off. No 2.0 for pre plus that's barely a yr old. Obsolete I suppose. Hey Palm/HP guys incase you have not noticed, your webOS platform shows up as "other" in the Operating System market share. I think it's a shame since it is the best but you guys are just flat out wrong for fogetting the customer base that stood by you and waited. Flat out wrong.
    I understand, but at the same time I don't.

I have the nova-barelywine build (rumored to be WebOS 2.1.0) on my original sprint pre and its running fine. Albeit, there are bugs, but I feel it's a lot better than my pre with 1.4.5 and overclocked. It's possible; it can definitely run it. I feel like they are just lieing because it would be wasting resources on a small demographic. It is honestly just not finished, that's it. (and flash is pretty terrible, but who would expect THAT to be running well?)

That being said, if I was HP, I'd just give the build to WebOS-Internals and tell them to finish it. They have proved to be more than capable and would probably do it for a lot less than wasting their internal resources.

It's bittersweet, but unfortunately we can't do much about it.

That being said, they better show up with a $50 rebate, at least, if not $100 off our purchase of a new WebOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post

HP webOS announcement vs webOS community

Pretty much sums up the forums today. I'm amazed someone put it together so quick.
    LoL pretty funny i saw that in the remarks on engadget
    I started as a Palm customer with the Pilot 5000, their second device. Had a pre since its first month on Sprint. I have gone from excited, to just down right angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    1) Has this moved you from I MAY move to another platform to I WILL move to another platform?
    I went from won't move to may move. Even with my old pre, I had no intentions of changing things up until the summer, and thus I was okay with the pre3 being a summer release. HP has time to right this, but right now I am not sure what will change my mind. Why bother taking another chance, I am not up for being burned any more.

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    This is encouraging and shows that HPalm is actively paying attention. So what do we do now? Continue to address HPalm via twitter or email or whichever method you prefer to let them know that we expect to get 2.0 on existing devices. I'm fine if it's not OTA (although that would be ideal) but we need to hold them accountable for the promise of 2.0 on existing devices.
    Encouraging would be a publicly stated, set date for the tethered update, or even 1.5 with as much from 2.0 that can be done with the original pres. Other than that, I really I have no reason to believe anything is coming, except maybe the unlocked GSM pre pluses.

And, over the air updates was a selling point of webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    OK ToniCipriani and you others, it's official, no 2.0. Now, about that beachfront property in Kansas I have for sale, please send your checks made out to 'cash' to...
    Fine, you win, but does it make you any happier?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    While I'm not due for a new phone until next year (Verizon), this is disappointing. I just wanted some of the new features that 2.0 was going to bring to tide me over.

While I can understand not being able to support HW forever (my 1st gen iPod Touch is stuck at iOS 3.x), but promising something, then pulling the rug out is something else. Don't lie or BS, just be honest from the beginning, this is basically saying that HP's phones can't be upgraded (beyond bug fixes), in order to get an upgrade, you need a new phone.

Even Apple is better than this, and unless Rubinstein can get me an early upgrade to a Pre3 this summer, there's nothing that they can really offer current owners, besides "oops, our bad!".
    i feel very sad and upset about it, because i bought my phone just 4-5 months ago. a palm pre with touchstone etc in a cheaper package and with the thinking "webOS2 will be on this thing with new features etc" i was sticking to it and hoped it will get vpn so i can use it on campus and work. i kinda feel sorry for all the money i spend on it. i knew i was buying older hardware but the software was promising, i like some patches but those arent a real point for me to stick to it. i cant shell out another 240€ for the palm pre 3 and to be hones...i hoped it will be a landscape slider, so i can get rid of the cramped feeling
    ok what Dev is going to post a newer doctor version for the pre on sprint ?

Hah... sorry, I guess I meant within the very specific context of what was going on with OS updates
    Isn't there a developer event at some point this evening? I wonder how all that will shake down with this news....or maybe thats when they tell us they were just kidding?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    ok what Dev is going to post a newer doctor version for the pre on sprint ?
    It would be nice of someone to provide some sort of way (outside HP and their hazy, non-conclusive messages) to give us 2.0 on at least the Pre (Plus).
    sorry but I can't seem to get to that HP site. could you post that again...thanks. you maybe right. 15k people sending in very angry posts does not shake their tree at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feud View Post
    Her (Adora) status has changed.

Twitter / Lisa Brewster: We've broken a promise to ...

"We've broken a promise to our most faithful users, and that has my heart heavy tonight. Ppl keep asking if I'm ok."

Not looking good, especially with Engadget article now.
    So she went to saying we might still get the update to admitting that we won't. I bet your heart isn't as heavy as the BS you spewed earlier in the night when you said we might get a non-OTA update. But please... tell me you are okay babe, so I can sleep tonight.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    We'll see what this "something special" is when summer rolls around.

Tried to post the link but I can't until I have 10 posts. So just get on over to engadget and check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
    It would be nice of someone to provide some sort of way (outside HP and their hazy, non-conclusive messages) to give us 2.0 on at least the Pre (Plus).
    Well there are unofficial doctors floating around the internet. Time to put them to use. HP wont support us? Then we can support ourselves. We waited for Flash, so let's take it back.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Man, I hope we get 2.0. Today I finally bought a pre hoping I could use flash...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    feels bad man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    So she went to saying we might still get the update to admitting that we won't. I bet your heart isn't as heavy as the BS you spewed earlier in the night when you said we might get a non-OTA update. But please... tell me you are okay babe, so I can sleep tonight.
    I'm not happy about it either, but lets not attack the messengers...