Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    HP, you have Failed Us. we watChed and waited for some Kind of update. YOU can't make this up to us. a free update to a platform we can't trust isn't going to save you. i won't develop for webos 2.0, i won't upgrade to a pre3, looks like i have to do more research. i'm done with sprint in october anyway.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok then, So now that we have some sort of confirmation of 2.x NOT coming. Feel free to continue the "Palm lied to us" legitimate complaints!
    Most carriers work where I live. Which carrier & phone do I need to switch to get a phone with flash? I listen to live broadcast that need flash to work. I am tired of going to a Christian site to hear it live & all I see is a "?" !!
    Wow, this is one of the fastest growing threads I have ever seen.

After the presentation I had already made up my mind to move on as I don't want to deal with a slider anymore, and I'm ready to move to a virtual keyboard.

This may push other people though that would have still considered a new HP device elsewhere. If people with a Pre got 2.1 and felt that it was new and improved maybe they would keep more people.
    This doesn't make much difference to me either way, but it seems like a poor business decision to first promise your community an update and then later pull the rug out from under them.

Was the 'in the coming months' just used to string people along far enough until a new device was available?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    OK ToniCipriani and you others, it's official, no 2.0. Now, about that beachfront property in Kansas I have for sale, please send your checks made out to 'cash' to...
    I would wait for something a little more concrete, then start roasting them on Twitter and the like.

Because everyone's making way too many assumptions here.

And you know what they say about assume . . .
    the argument it can't run on old devices is horse ****. Pre plus could totally do it it's not that different compared to the kin they are making
    this bs,if they are releasing the touchpad and pre3 in the simmer they ould have atleast gave us an OTA update for 2.0.That would have help ease the wait.( O not to mention that it might not be on sprint.)
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

HP webOS announcement vs webOS community

Pretty much sums up the forums today. I'm amazed someone put it together so quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by w2wpaul View Post
    From Engadget:
    "Jon was pretty candid with us, saying that Palm had "missed a product cycle" in the midst of its financial troubles and subsequent acquisition by HP last year, and that the older products simply don't have the horsepower to properly run webOS 2.0 and beyond. That said, it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market."

Might be too late for that Ruby....

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    The optimistic side of me wants to believe that the "something special" will be giving all current-gen webOS device owners a nice price-break on top of the carrier-subsidized price when it comes out.

The not-so-optimistic side of me thinks that it's probably just going to be a discount on accessories...which is lame.
    Here is the rest of that Engadget article about how Jon Rubenstein really cares about us:

That said, it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market. We'll see what that entails -- and whether or not anyone actually sticks it out on webOS 1.4.5 until the new gear ships sometime this summer.

Jon says they are going to do something special for us but Engadget hit it right on the nose. Will any of us stick around long enough to care what it is?

I wonder what the something special is.... Maybe Jon is friends with Jerry Jones and will let us watch next year's Superbowl from the parking lot outside of Palm's former HQ at a reduced price with a two year carrier contract.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I'm just happy they are being honest with us now.

I'm sticking with my Sprint Pre for now. It's still a great phone (with patches and overclocking and everything else that homebrew has given me)
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redmustanggt89 View Post
    Most carriers work where I live. Which carrier & phone do I need to switch to get a phone with flash? I listen to live broadcast that need flash to work. I am tired of going to a Christian site to hear it live & all I see is a "?" !!
    get an evo, a palm pre 2, samsung epic, droid x, droid 2..
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Question to all:

1) Has this moved you from I MAY move to another platform to I WILL move to another platform?
    Well from where I am sitting it would be the latter. My contract is up and my original pre minus is on the verge of death. With no concrete information from HP on the whereabouts of where the PRE3 will land it is really hard to stick with webOS at this point.

Also, given HP's track record with their announcements and how their announcements never seem to line up within their allotted time frame I have trouble believing the Pre3 will actually be available by summer.

I am also assuming, well lets be honest I am hoping, that HP and Palm will release more information rather quickly because I don't think all of this negative publicity was their goal after today. It doesn't make sense to me that someone with some smarts within the company thought they should take care of this problem before this fire storm started.

I really do not understand why HP always seems to have to be in recovery mode, I was really hoping that todays announcement would put to rest all of the pre haters, I never imagined it would light a fire under them....The ball is in your court HP, time to "think beyond" and make the next play....
    Since HP has said that webOS 2.x won't be available as an OTA. I can hope that HP will put out a way to reflash the Pixi and install webOS 2.x that way, but somehow I doubt that will happen. Or hell freezes over and it does happen, it surely won't be anytime soon.

Either way, what I was getting to was: what ever happened to that effort by some of the homebrew folk to make a dr with webOS 2.x for the original pre and hopefully subsequently the pixi? Is anyone still working on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by superblast View Post
    Maybe you'll whine when you realize that's not why people are unhappy. HP are being unnecessarily evasive in their wording with regards to whether legacy users will get the WebOS 2.x update AT ALL. Like most others in this thread, I wouldn't expect such an update on an older phone if they hadn't assured us six months ago that we'd receive it.
    I agree Superblast. It would not be such bad news if they had not kept telling us that it would be OTA'd " in the coming months". HP said they would make big news today and they did. but the big news too our surprise was this. We have stood by them, defended them and waved there banner since they aquired Palm, and now they give us the bird. they better have some amazing ad money to build their new fan base, because from reading this forum they are loosing the base that has carried them through their transition. we are talking about a phone here but were also talking about a little deception that made alot of folks stick with them longer. Good luck with this one HP... here's your bird.
    Quote Originally Posted by redmustanggt89 View Post
    What? get an android... go to android central where they are laughing at us and our Fragmentation!!! lol what a joke.. webOS now is 100% fragmented and 2.0 phones coming out in 5 months... and no SDK and after this announcement... NO USERS.. Why develop? when Pre3 will be "dated" after iPhone5 comes out. This stinks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    the argument it can't run on old devices is horse ****. Pre plus could totally do it it's not that different compared to the kin they are making
    Hell, without overclocking they never ran 1.4.5 very well.
    No more complaining about Android fragmentation allowed on these forums.

You fragmentated WebOS users, you.
    Well, unless you have some kind of inability to use a doctor, you are still (probably) getting 2.x. It's right there on the front page, and it looks all but confirmed that they're coming out with a doctor to upgrade handsets that can handle it, which would probably be the Pre Plus, and maybe the Pre/pixi+/pixi.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I'm just happy they are being honest with us now.

I'm sticking with my Sprint Pre for now. It's still a great phone (with patches and overclocking and everything else that homebrew has given me)
    Apotheker: HP to ship products within weeks of announcement, wants to sit at the cool kids table | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

wait you were srs?