Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 34 ... LastLast
    I'm sure that it does suck, but hardware can't be supported forever. Sadly, because the phone space is moving so fast, it cuts the time of supporting these devices down even further. That's also due to the 2 year contract system that we are currently hooked on; after two years, why continue to spend money and support something?
    From Engadget:
    "Jon was pretty candid with us, saying that Palm had "missed a product cycle" in the midst of its financial troubles and subsequent acquisition by HP last year, and that the older products simply don't have the horsepower to properly run webOS 2.0 and beyond. That said, it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market."

Might be too late for that Ruby....

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    Her (Adora) status has changed.

Twitter / Lisa Brewster: We've broken a promise to ...

"We've broken a promise to our most faithful users, and that has my heart heavy tonight. Ppl keep asking if I'm ok."

Not looking good, especially with Engadget article now.

HAHAHHAHAHHA
    I have moved to I WILL move to another platform. I gave them long enough to catch up and now they did but they are leaving the legacy people behind. Even SNapple has the good bizz sense to not forgot all the legacy people. They leave behind the generations that were yrs in the past. My VZ pre plus is a little over a yr (very little). I waited for palm to come to VZ because Google snopes into our lives more than the little old lady who lives on my block. I even snubbed my nose at the IPHONEY/VZ connection BUT if they drop a IPhone 5 in the summer on VZ than off I go. All due to the lack "doing the right thing" by the core fan base.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Twitter

"Guys, no OTA for legacy devices does NOT necessarily mean you're never getting 2.0. We're still working to do right by you."
    In the business world, "necessarily" is what's commonly called a "weasel word" because it lets the company weasel out of doing what they didn't actually promise to do. Although with HP/Palm, they seem to be just as comfortable with breaking actual promises.

Edit: Yup, there it goes. Confirmed no 2.x for us early adopters.
    Last edited by art_sjc; 02/09/2011 at 08:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP! I want flash. I have been waiting for a long time!. Is there any way to get flash? I thought about signing up for developer. However they ask for a web site & tax info. Does anybody have ideas. I would pay for a "flash" app
    So much back and forth info now. lol I don't know why I'm even on this site right now. Maybe I should check back in a day or two when everything's sorted out for real.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Remember the story of the Boy who Cried Wolf? Hasn't Palm lied to us far too many times for us to give them anymore benefit of the doubt? You wait for the wolf if you want to.
    Considering I have no other choice (not even a year into the contract with a Pre Plus), I guess I will.

But I'm not expecting anything, good or bad. If worst comes to worst, I'll find some way (illicit or otherwise; civil disobedience?) to get 2.x on my Plus.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I read the article and I wonder why they showed webOS 2.0 on a Pre Plus if it wasn't strong enough? This doesn't pass the smell test.
    Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget

See I can handle candid speak much more than an evasive answer
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    OK ToniCipriani and you others, it's official, no 2.0. Now, about that beachfront property in Kansas I have for sale, please send your checks made out to 'cash' to...
    it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market.

Here we go again...stringing us out to dry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feud View Post

"We've broken a promise to our most faithful users, and that has my heart heavy tonight. Ppl keep asking if I'm ok."

THIS SUMS IT UP.... plus article on Engadget with Ruby saying we are NOT getting update...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I understand not being able to support older devices forever; however, considering palm/hp have been constantly promising us things we should have already had such as flash, voice dialing, and just 2.0 in general, they shouldn't just all of the sudden say "forget u, we dont care what we have promised". I know that after this and having a palm pre that has been replaced 5 times in the past 1.5yrs that i will not be supporting HP/WebOS anymore. I'm now hoping for a Sprint iPhone and if not a 4g Android for sure when summer comes around.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    THIS SUMS IT UP.... plus article on Engadget with Ruby saying we are NOT getting update...
    Well.. I guess that's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feud View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market.

Here we go again...stringing us out to dry...

Something special??? are they serious? Pre3 won't be out for 5 MONTHS!!! haahahha
    I am fine with it. I don't expect a 2 yo smarphone get supported forever.

If HP can throw in $200 discount on a Pre 3, I would go for it. I am worried about how to recycle my Pre anyway.