Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 33 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    987 Global Posts
    HP needs to release an official statement this news could be the worst publicity for webos ever...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    She said MAY - not WILL.

Waaayyyyy back, Palm said the original Pre WILL have Flash.

Waaaayyyyy back, Palm said Flash would not be released as a standalone update but WILL be released as part of WebOS 2.0 that WILL be released on the original PRE as an OTA update.

Now Lisa is saying that the original Pre MAY get WebOS 2.0.

What happened to WILL?

What happened to HONESTY???
    Keep in mind, she'd probably be breaking an NDA if she said anything concrete about webOS 2.x for legacy's. Although I'm frustrated and you're frustrated and we're all frustrated, good things can happen. I had to have this kind of patience with my Zune HD, and lo and behold, apps are coming to it. Albeit at a snail's pace.
    Question to all:

1) Has this moved you from I MAY move to another platform to I WILL move to another platform?

2) Does HP stand for Huge Profit?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Lisa Brewster (via Twitter): "Guys, no OTA for legacy devices does NOT necessarily mean you're never getting 2.0. We're still working to do right by you."

Her statement also doesn't say we will get it. "NOT necessarily", means maybe you will get it but then again maybe not. Also, even if they do promise us the update who knows when we will get it. Wait, I know: "in coming months".

"[W]orking to do right by" us means having a definitive statement about the update and when we should have it.

To Lisa: You can tell your bosses that they just put the nail in their coffin. Look for a new job dear this ship is not skinking it has sunk.
    if they just released new webos doctor downloads for each device, I'd be very happy with that. It would mean that people wouldn't have to wait around for the carrier to release it. You'd get it when HP put it on their download site. I don't expect Sprint or Verizon would want to bother with hardware they've end-of-lifed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I feel bad for all the developers too...

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    I was JUST invited to the webOS 2.0 Developer Beta THIS MORNING. Now I don't have a device that will get webOS 2.0. The irony is astounding.

EDIT: Well Bob-C

I can tell you this.

I just went from I WILL develop for webOS 2.0 to I MAY develop for webOS 2.0.

I know Java, I COULD develop for Android, HP should keep that in mind.

Android with AdSense enabled apps makes it easy to develop "free" apps and profit. I was going to develop for webOS because I personally feel webOS is a wonderful operating system. However, if I can't test my own apps outside of an emulator, then I can't exactly develop can I?
    Last edited by SNYPE2K11; 02/09/2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Ya know, I hope HP reads some of these posts. This way, we will feel at least a little bit vindicated. I just can't believe that HP would do that...but corporations and bottom lines..that's it. I am so upset. I'm a docs to go user, they were not going to support OS anything. So quick office or whatever its called was. I would have migrated but had to have 2.0 and now... can't even get that. I was the first in my area to even get this phone. I understand why the Iphone guys love their phone, at least its supported!!!!
    Sue
    Not to decrease the bravity of this news, but according to @Adora from the Palm Developers Relations team...

Twitter

"Guys, no OTA for legacy devices does NOT necessarily mean you're never getting 2.0. We're still working to do right by you."

This is encouraging and shows that HPalm is actively paying attention. So what do we do now? Continue to address HPalm via twitter or email or whichever method you prefer to let them know that we expect to get 2.0 on existing devices. I'm fine if it's not OTA (although that would be ideal) but we need to hold them accountable for the promise of 2.0 on existing devices.

Oh, and be nice when you contact them, mmkay? Nobody wants to help mean people, even if the anger is rightfully justified.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Engadget sat down with Mr. Rubenstein.

"Jon was pretty candid with us, saying that Palm had "missed a product cycle" in the midst of its financial troubles and subsequent acquisition by HP last year, and that the older products simply don't have the horsepower to properly run webOS 2.0 and beyond."

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
    Keep in mind, she'd probably be breaking an NDA if she said anything concrete about webOS 2.x for legacy's. Although I'm frustrated and you're frustrated and we're all frustrated, good things can happen. I had to have this kind of patience with my Zune HD, and lo and behold, apps are coming to it. Albeit at a snail's pace.
    Remember the story of the Boy who Cried Wolf? Hasn't Palm lied to us far too many times for us to give them anymore benefit of the doubt? You wait for the wolf if you want to.
    Read the Article, its official, we're not getting webos 2.0
    It was there not even an hour ago but now the post stating that webos phones older than the Pre 2 won't be getting an over the air update has been pulled? Has this been resolved? Was it just a mistake? Are we getting our update after all?
    So according to Engadget, Ruby the man himself just went back on a promise for bringing WebOS 2.0 to older generation devices.

Only Pre 2 and above get 2.0

How does that make you feel?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i'm completely done with hpalm, DONE. i cannot believe i actually considered being loyal. now? FORGET IT. why even bother when there's phones with specs and features just as, if not MORE impressive than the pre 3 that will be out in the summer
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    this is bull man im gonna get the evo shift now..
    it sucks
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    engadget says rubinstein says "something special" for us when the new stuff comes out, and more info to come including "actual good news"

I'd post hte link but I Dont have enough posts yet

YMMV
    If I was still using my Pre as my primary device, I'd be very angry.

Since I'm not, I'm just slightly annoyed lol. I'd still like to play around with it though...
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Engadget sat down with Mr. Rubenstein.

"Jon was pretty candid with us WHEN HE LIED, saying that Palm had "missed a product cycle" in the midst of its financial troubles and subsequent acquisition by HP last year, and that the older products simply don't have the horsepower to properly run webOS 2.0 and beyond."

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    I just corrected the article in RED.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    The Palm Pre (Sprint) info site on Palm Pre on Sprint has changed. The availability of webOS 2.0 is not mentioned any longer. I checked Google cache and sure enough it was still there just 8 days ago:

What a disappointment and let down.
    Attached Images Attached Images