Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 29 ... LastLast
    I've been a loyal Palm person, always touting how great they are and now this
    happens. I understand the whole end of life scenario, but c'mon one of the
    great things about OTA was the people who weren't techies could enjoy the
    benefits of great technology. Now they're telling us they'll give us the ability
    to "doctor" the phone, any non-tech person (one who hasn't got the
    uber-kernel, the govnah, homebrew apps etc) will not want that.

I guess I'm in the minority, I may or may not switch to Android but my
    I know a lot of people that will bail. IMO HPalm is making a huge mistake with
    this one.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    from Twitter:
    Adora Lisa Brewster
    Guys, no OTA for legacy devices does NOT necessarily mean you're never getting 2.0. We're still working to do right by you.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    It's the Pre thats not getting it. The Pre2 is still very much supported by HP
    Thanks, HP. You made up my mind for me. Since my wife gave me an iPod Touch for Christmas I've been thinking about changing to an iPhone. Love the screen, all the apps, and I can actually type a text message without all the typos. I've stayed with Sprint and my Pre while awaiting the 2.0 update.

Now there is no reason to stay unless I want to wait for this mythical "path to 2.x" or continue with my "old" Pre.

Sad. I've been a Palm user since the old days. Heck, I even had a Handspring Visor!
    metus delenda est

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop when you reach the bottom." -- Jumpmaster, Ft. Benning, 1965
    I've had this 2.0.1 beta for Sprint for awhile now, but what ****es me off is it is crippled. If it would actually let us use our existing profiles so we could download our purchased apps, I'd just install it and shutup until Pre3 comes out, but no.. we have to create a new profile or attempt to pirate all of our own purchased apps with Internalz over to it and then can't get any updates from that point forward. Thats also not to mention that it won't let you add any bookmarks, they all just disappear. What has me the most ****ed is Palm spent all this time just a few weeks ago writing us this big fancy poem and its main focus was how great all the new treats of webOS 2.0 are and that we will get them at no cost.. ending with so happy newness to all in the forthcoming weeks. Forthcoming weeks are up, and the only "newness" we got today was a bunch of futuristic announcements and the bailing on a promise to give us all 2.0. It's been 5 months since they last said "in the coming months" and now they start it over again for this supposed "path". Sorry, but that just won't cut it. I encourage everyone on here to pirate their beta doctor. A broken promise seems to merit the legitimacy of this..
    Really people this is the straw that broke the camels back. come on hp just bought palm last year and have turned them around to demonstrate three really good devices today. So what if the dont Give us an OTA update for 2.0. They never said we werent going to get it. I would much rather them spend their time and energy finishing up the final versions of the pre3 and tablet than worrying about a update for our old devices. I can understand the Developers being mad, only because they have spent their time developing for 2.0 so we could benefit and i would think HP would work something out for them. Then there are the ppl who say "but they promised i feel so betrayed" you ppl sound like 5 yr olds. Come on do you really think switching to another company is gonna alleviate that feeling. Android is boring, and apple and ios are just sucky. you are gonna feel the same about them in two years just as you have with hp and palm. the company is trying to put out new hardware and as a loyal customer i want to see them do this and succeed at it. yea im a little bummed about 2.0 not coming OTA so what if i have to doctor my phone just to get it. Besides 2.0 they have delivered on their promises of new hardware during q1 of 2011 and they have a definite date for the pre 2. im gonna stick it out and see what hp has in store all of you who think the company is so horrid can go *expletive deleted* off. apple and google will be happy to take your cash. HP has something big here and i want to see it through
    Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    from Twitter:
    Adora Lisa Brewster
    Guys, no OTA for legacy devices does NOT necessarily mean you're never getting 2.0. We're still working to do right by you.
    Oh snapz
    I'm a lil p.o. at this announcement, I'm goin another route a.s.a.p.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkinzler View Post
    Or want us to believe this! I don't think they really care.
    oh they will. precentral is THE webos platform and this is THE thread (O.o)

the thing is they probably cannot act like they would like to for i have no idea how complicated these carrier contracts are but with the current ota setup they cannot really act freely.

i am sure they have to wait for carriers starting to sell the phones which only do so if hp signs not to upgrade legacy devices... probably... things like that...

so i hope they get the things sold fast, that they sell good enough for hp can act more freely and will give us what we deserve which in return will please us and make us buy the phones again
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    It's the Pre thats not getting it. The Pre2 is still very much supported by HP
    And have you actually read it??
    i would like to like the twitter post
    but i don't like the use of the words 'necessarily' and 'never'

when you factor those two words in, its a meaningless post. it means exactly what they originally said. some devices may get a doctor update path in the future.

that means nothing other than the fact that the promised OTA update to 2.0+ is a lie.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    from Twitter:
    Adora Lisa Brewster
    sounds like a weak attempt for damage control.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quite honestly...I'm livid! My anticipation has been for absolutely nothing. As a Palm user (since the original Palm Pilot) for more than a dozen+ years and now a Pre user, I've been screwed for the LAST time. When my Verizon Pre Plus contract is finished in about a year, I'll be using Android or iPhone. I'll be purchasing an iPad within the next 6-9 months, since HP is as messed up as Palm was. I don't care how good the TouchPad is or is going to be. I'm DONE HP... and I'll remember this when its time to upgrade our computers and printers as well!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I thought the people trying to shoehorn webos 2.x on to legacy devices were wasting their time. Now I realize I've been wasting my time waiting for HP. Why is it that homebrewers can develop apps/patches faster than a fortune 500 company?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    from Twitter:
    Adora Lisa Brewster
    Yeah it will probably be offered via webos doctors

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    sounds like a weak attempt for damage control.
    It actually sounds like what the no-OTA updates article was saying all along.
    Why is it that homebrewers can develop apps/patches faster than a fortune 500 company?
    Maybe because the homebrewers having an real interest?
    from Twitter:
    Adora Lisa Brewster
    ...in the coming months. haha
    i'm running 2.0 nova barely on my sprint pre (minus)
    it works great.

i'm as ****ed as everyone else, but there's a small part of my brain saying maybe this is an over reaction... it just doesn't make sense. what was 'leaked' seems like it was almost complete. and that was about 2 months ago...