Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 26 66 ... LastLast
    Also find it funny that PreCentral isn't posting anything about this on Twitter, yet all their other posts are up there.....
    just got me and my girl a pre+. now this happens. i have flashed to 2.0 before and loved and was waiting for today to see the official release. im angry now. smh hp is going to ruin the loyalty that palm had gained. summer releases when we were told that new announcement were to come in weeks not months. i left blackberry for lack of upgraded storm 2 and now im here and being screwed by palm. DAMN IT TO HELL!
    Wait till Summer for all the promises of the Pre3?

I'm still waiting for the Flash and Synergy promised on my Day 1 Pre.

Remember the synergy example: You are stuck in traffic, your navigation realizes you won't be on time for your appointment, it can automatically notify all the people in the meeting that you will be late...yada yada.

I don't think I will wait for more promises. The 2.x update could have held me over.
    well,flood of angry tweets going straight to palm. can't see how they won't miss this.
    There is still the thing with not providing the headers needed for compiling the lgpl libraries, now I think we should ask Open Software Foundation if they have the right to do it, and the sources for numerous libraries used in their images are not on their opensource.palm.com site, so probably it is the time to ask OSF if all is legally clean....
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    PEOPLE

STOP READING "no OTA update to 2.x" as NO UPDATE TO 2.x! Right now, it could just mean you will need to update to 2.x via your computer.

You know, the EXACT same way that iphone has to update.

It does NOT mean (right now anyway) that we won't get 2.x It just means you'll have to "GASP" plug in a usb cord to install it.
    no one trusts it anymore. thats the problem.
    Are you kidding me?!?!?!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Huge fail, basically told your legacy customers suck it...i reward loyalty with purchases, and I held onto my pre on a sprint premier plan for 20 months because of loyalty, what did it get me? "In the coming months...maybe" Worst of all, you sold the original pre with faulty OMAP processors that had to be underclocked to 500Mhz from the stock 600 and you denied the USB port crack present on EVERYONES Sprint Pre Minus was a defect...really? I use a touchstone and still have a crack...just be honest for once is all we ask! Suck it HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrusso View Post
    Hp just drove the final nail into the coffin. I'm moving to an android phone when I get my re-up upgrade. This OS has been stagnant since it's release. Meanwhile Android and the Iphone have been duking it out. I'm not going to spend another 2 years committed to a phone that is dieing a slow death. No flash, no sling box, no HULU, no Netflix, no app to my bank... just NOTHING useful any more.
    You know, I'm thinking along the same lines, unless there is some sorta Doctor solution that emerges before my current contract is up.

Problem is, I HATE those Android phones. After using WebOS, it'd be like going back to Windows 3.1. With a gigantic CRT.

I just have to conclude that we loyalists make up such an insignificant part of what HP sees as their potential market, that they could care less.

Sad, sad day.
    I would be worried about support in the coming months if I were to buy the Pre3. If this is any indication of how they take care of their users, then it is scary.
    End of the world - no.
    End of my life with Palm. Yes. And I really liked Palm from the PDA Pilot days. Oh well.

Moving on!
    Serious HPalm? This is VERY disappointing. HP? What the hell are you doing to your customers? You have a small set of loyal customers you should learn how to treat them better. It's understandable that you want people to purchase new phones, but to get better hardware. I've been waiting for flash, I've been waiting for skype, I've been waiting for more of the popular apps/integration that you see on other OS's like Android and IOS. Instead you choose not to change let your user upgrade to webOS2.0? I hope this is merely for OTA updates and you plan on letting us tether the update. Having a small set of customers you have to learn how to keep them and steal the ones from the competitors, not loose the ones you have by making them unhappy. For the most part I've loved my pre, though the OREO problem and lack of apps seriously left me a unsatisfied. Google is hired Android developers to make more quality apps for they're OS, surely to steal customers from Apple. HPalm what have you done for me lately?
    -Beta User
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    PEOPLE

STOP READING "no OTA update to 2.x" as NO UPDATE TO 2.x! Right now, it could just mean you will need to update to 2.x via your computer.

You know, the EXACT same way that iphone has to update.

It does NOT mean (right now anyway) that we won't get 2.x It just means you'll have to "GASP" plug in a usb cord to install it.
    Appears some are still drinking the kool-aid...
    Does HP realize they just spat in the face of the only group who even cares?

Can the dude that's saying don't worry they just mean "no OTA update" realize that having to wait just as long for 2.1 as a Pre3 is enough to enrage and lose a fanbase?

I was perfectly willing to wait till summer for a sprint Pre3. BUT WE NEED ANSWERS. And I need it now that Sprint is changing their premier plan.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    HP Palm is a liar.
    at least the android crowd knows better than to post 'i told you so'... especially not the galaxy s owners :P
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Problem is, I HATE those Android phones. After using WebOS, it'd be like going back to Windows 3.1. With a gigantic CRT.
    reading this has lightened up my mood by far. thanks for the laughter
    Very disappointing. But at least they are going to make webOS Doctors available eventually.

BTW Looks like the availability in weeks is another empty promise.
    I think I'm done with my Pre +. I'll just go with a WP7 when I get a new phone.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Very disappointing. But at least they are going to make webOS Doctors available eventually.
    We do not know that
    Wow. I really didn't think this would happen.

I've been a huge supporter of Palm, and have been so stoked about the new devices today... However...

After seeing this, I'm a VERY disappointed. Actually, more scared that a new device won't come to Sprint. Why should this matter?

If we don't get the 2.1 update to the older devices, I probably won't be able to use the forwarding features if I buy a TouchPad. Not only that, my Pre can only last so long. The hardware is old, even if I go get a "new" one (which I have to do anyway because the wifi hasn't worked on this replacement since I got it). I hope it just means they have to release a doctor for it and it can't be OTA as someone has suggested.

HP - Clear this up before you seemingly lose a large part of your loyal customer base. I'll still be here for as long as I can, but you need to sell these devices to Sprint...

Rod Whitby, you're my only hope! (Please bring us a 2.0 update!)