Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 25 65 ... LastLast
    I wonder how far Android will have advanced by the time my contract runs out. Sony Clie, Palm Treo, Palm Centro, Palm Pre Plus. And I still can not get a decent database app for this Pre. Palm, Palm One, Palm, Access, Hewlett Packard, By the time they get done bouncing this company around no one will touch anything that they produce for fear of not having any kind of support software hardware or any other way. I need something that will be around for a while if I am going to try to run a business.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Screw you HP! My main phone is a htc hd2, for office editing. Waiting for a year to do some editing on pre, promises came with 2.0... but now... feel sorry for the little bugger, volume up died, oreo effect came into place, still had hope to renew his lifespan with an official 2.0 update. too bad, will stick with htc hd2 windows mobile 6.5 which got the new office 2010 and dualbooting android 2.3....
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    After reading through all 14 pages of this thread so far it seems that many people are very unhappy with hp/palm but a non ota update really doesn't bother me. I really was and still am looking forward to webos 2.x and it doesnt matter to me how I install it on my phone.

My biggest concern with HP/PALM is the vague explanations of updates and the announcements from the past that have really never been fulfilled. Sure palm announced new hardware today that does seem pretty well made, but no information regarding carrier or even price. They really should learn a lesson from apple and have all that information available right away.

I really do love webos but my patience is beginning to run thin. Its hard for the consumers that have waited very patiently to believe anything that seems to come from palm anymore, and there seems to be a lot of internal communication problems within their company. (or maybe HP's CEO doesnt have a true understanding of a time frame)

I know I speak for a lot of palm users when I say I am tired of the runaround and am desperately seeking the truth. My contract is up and my sprint minus is on its last legs. Hopefully more information will be released soon, because the constant phrase in the coming months isn't really going to cut it anymore.
    Ok, I've cooled off a bit. If Pre3 comes to sprint I will forgive you HP.... but if not .... in that order.
    WHAT THE (oh it'll get deleted anyway)!!!!!! NEVER again will I buy anything palm/HP! HTC Evo here I come! DIE PALM/HP DIE!!!!!!!!!
    well guess theres no reason for me to pay attention to anything webos related anymore, with no update comin to anything b4 pre2 (that very few ppl have) and nothing coming b4 spring/summer the whole platform just died..put up with this ______ phone all this time for this, THIS! *smash pre with a hammer and heads to nearest store to buy and android phone*
    omg, are you serious HP? I feel affronted.
    • 'webOS 2.x will be released by the end of the year' became 'available on a pre 2' (available?!?)
    • 'shipping devices only weeks after announcement' became 'in summer' (on their webpage it even says 'planned availability' only...)

what's next?
    • that ominous non-ota 'path to 2.x' will become 'just buy a pre2/3/veer' - 2.x for pre -/+ just won't happen

If no update, my decision is not buying more terminals hp palm or tablet or pc. I'll miss this wonderful operating system, but not fool me again.
    Fool me once, you're to blame ...
    fool me twice, the culprit will be me.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    PEOPLE

STOP READING "no OTA update to 2.x" as NO UPDATE TO 2.x! Right now, it could just mean you will need to update to 2.x via your computer.

You know, the EXACT same way that iphone has to update.

It does NOT mean (right now anyway) that we won't get 2.x It just means you'll have to "GASP" plug in a usb cord to install it.
    :/ I just want a 2.0 update for my pixi. I don't care if I have to do a desktop tethering service to get it, I just don't want to wait for the 'coming months' that I've been promised all the time. *sigh*. I'm not going to be too upset I don't mind 1.4.5 but I'd really just want something for being loyal.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brentj View Post
    I still love my release date Sprint Pre, can't wait to buy a Pre 3 if Sprint gets it, and til then I can live with 1.45, or with a tethered update to 2.x if that happens.

Y'all are a bunch of crybabies!
    I would have been happy to do the same if they hadn't been stringing us along this whole time. It's not a question of whether my Pre- still works (it works pretty much fine), but how often the original Pre users have been mislead or essentially lied to about productivity that never appeared. And now we don't even get the update that "everyone" was supposed to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    PEOPLE

STOP READING "no OTA update to 2.x" as NO UPDATE TO 2.x! Right now, it could just mean you will need to update to 2.x via your computer.

It does NOT mean (right now anyway) that we won't get 2.x It just means you'll have to "GASP" plug in a usb cord to install it.
    As if you are still buying into their bull. We all believed them when they said flash would come out for pre/pre+, also believed the webOS 2.0 "in the coming months". Dude, time to face reality and open your eyes to the truth.
    PEOPLE

So in the coming months or ?
    PEOPLE

And, as we know, a WebOSDoctor will completely wipe the phone - removing one of the major benefits of the current WebOS OTA mechanism - the fact that it leaves personal data intact.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    PEOPLE

yep, we're hopeful. But considering how vague that statement was, and how HP is reputed for not promising on vague statements (and since 'the coming months' is much too long to wait anyways) a lot of us are not that hopeful.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Me too! I've been holding on to mine to play with 2.0...
    Yeh, I'm the same way here. I have a pre that I've been hanging on to just because it was getting 2.x. I love the smoothness of the OS but there are things lacking and this was going to be my test drive of the new OS to determine if I purchase a next gen. WebOS device or another Android, well guess what I'm not buying another WebOS device without knowing for sure the OS is complete to my satisfaction yet.

This situation would be totally different had we not already been told 1st gen. devices would be getting WebOS 2.0.

If we just don't get the update via OTA that is fine, I prefer doing things from my computer anyway but they better clarify real quick or I'm out.
    I feel like this is a kick in the pants to the loyal Palm customers who have been with webOS since it started (such as myself). I am upset about this, and with no sure announcement for the Pre 3 for Sprint (I will not leave my carrier) that make me even more worried and upset.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    PEOPLE

Sure, as soon as you stop reading "HP intends to launch a website in the coming months that offer users "a path to 2.x."" as you will get an update to 2.x. I can't think of a more vague, noncommital statement.
    btw if the carriers read this thread we will never get the new devices as they wont be selling them with such a reputation
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I believe the MAJOR reason for not ofering an OTA upgrade to 2.x is because the update requires a wipe of the USB storage area of the phone before the upgrade. It makes sense why an OTA update is impossible. Patience!