Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 24 64 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    [sarcas,]Hmmmm...Pre Another or the Kyocera Deuce. How nice to have some choices[/sarc]

anyway. the two most recent "awesome" announcements have not been so awesome (ala sprint and HP)
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    this works for me. You wouldn't do a "upgrade" of windows vista to win7. Same way. 1.x was vista. Time to do a clean install via webos doctor. Totally cool with that and prob. be more stable.

what isn't clear is if they even plan on releasing a doctor. If no doctor, that would really suck and not make sense since we've already seen leaked doctors that do exist.

Hopefully just means no OTA. Probably for the best if such a huge update
    Mayb
    Quote Originally Posted by kikan View Post
    I'm surprised to see so many people complaining about the wait for web os 2 and writing they'll leave Hp for any other platform.

Doesn't webos 1.4.5 work ? doesn't it have a lot of nice patches and a brilliant homebrew community ?
    What's the hurry to have webos 2 and be disappointed to see all your patches gone ?

I'll keep on with my Pre Plus until end of contract, and probably several months more. Then, I may switch to another Webos device. WebOs is so good that I won't leave it just because of a small disapointment.
    Totally, I love my patches and the community and I'm glad I won't need to worry about upgrading to OS 2.x until I am ready for a new phone. The only thing I really want is flash support but even that isn't a big deal because the screen is so small on the pre plus.
    But Version 1.4.5 lacks many things. With 2.0 HP introduced a lot of new featues/API and a new way of development. New apps won't work on older devices. And old apps don't fill the potential of the new ones.
    I'm surprised to see so many people complaining about the wait for web os 2 and writing they'll leave Hp for any other platform.

Doesn't webos 1.4.5 work ? doesn't it have a lot of nice patches and a brilliant homebrew community ?
    What's the hurry to have webos 2 and be disappointed to see all your patches gone ?

I'll keep on with my Pre Plus until end of contract, and probably several months more. Then, I may switch to another Webos device. WebOs is so good that I won't leave it just because of a small disapointment.
    Its the fact that they LIED to us that has people upset. Also, 1.4.5 doesn't work that well, alot of issues still there. My PDF viewer hasn't been since the upgrade, the promise of being the first Flash mobile, and with no new apps coming out, whats the point of sticking with them?
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: language
    sigh why I hate to join the circle this is it for me. I was excited for the announcement and the new phones but not having web os 2.0 to hold me over until the summer ugh. Hp better do some damagecontrol because this seems like the last sign of the apocalypse for webos. Way to kill your own hype hp.
    that's why the pre 2 still has value... because it'll be the only phone running a current OS till the new ones come out. it's all part of the marketing strategy.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    HP palm has no loyalty to its longtime customers. 2.0 will be only for Pre 3's & up? The profit means more than good customers. I refuse to buy a new handset every time there's an upgrade. I will be getting another brand of smartphone when my contract is up. Shame - I like my Pre +. Shame on HP palm for marginalizing the customer base. Shame.
    The issue is that along with the 2.0 upgrade the company was supposed to add flash and there was talk of Skype on Verizon. 1.4.5 is fine if this were 2007.

I've been raging against apple for a while now. But since this company couldn't get their act together I went out and got and Ipad while I waited for the webos one. IOS 4 is not even in the same league as webos. But Apple at least doesn't **** over their customers.

It's funny that around the same day that apple puts their flagship on the worlds biggest carrier these idiots reveal middle of the road products and spit in the face of the only people who care.
    I have a launch day Pre and I'm <<deleted by mod>>. Hopefully WebOSInternals tweeted asking if they should step in where HP dropped the ball. Everyone should reply yes!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 05:59 PM.
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
    This is the best news I have heard all day....I had 2.0 on my Sprint Pre and it sucked, no patches, no overclocking, slow as molasses, I switched back to 1.4.5 in a couple days. I was dreading the update.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Lots of folks have been limping along on their aging hardware, especially a lot of Sprint users, waiting to upgrade to a new WebOS phone when available. Those folks are going to lose their upgrade status on sprint in April, since the Pre3 won't be out by then they are kinda screwed. Hoping for 2.0 to tide them over as at least a minor upgrade for the 4-6-8-?+ months till they can actually buy new hardware was the thing keeping them going. Now that's gone as well.

I'll be replacing my oreo'd, scratched up pre with something else soon now. And it won't be with anything from HP.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I still love my release date Sprint Pre, can't wait to buy a Pre 3 if Sprint gets it, and til then I can live with 1.45, or with a tethered update to 2.x if that happens.

Y'all are a bunch of crybabies!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    can someone confirm that we are just not getting OTA 2.0 (i mean it will still be available by a webos doctor I hope right??).

someone owning an Iphone pls clarify - iphones don't have OTA anyway, they all have to be connected via cable to itunes for an update right? So this if avilable by a webos 2.0 doctor, would be a similar situation????????????????
    I hope?
    Honestly, no one can CONFIRM it until Palm/HP officially announces it. So... yeah. Most likely we'd use a webOS 2.0 doctor and be on our merry way.

iPhone users plug in their phones/iPod Touches to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    All clear now.... in the end of December 2010, HP was giving out FREE Palm Pre's if you signed up with Sprint.

Got rid of all their inventory and probably got commission from Sprint for new contracts.
    Utter <<deleted by mod>> USB update or OTA be damned. Broken promises, especially after all these "coming months" schpeals they've given us....Ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    HP should release an OTA update for purposes of goodwill. Giving me the new OS to play with would give me a reason to wait for new hardware. I was eligible for new hardware last July, but have waited because of the promise of webOS 2.x in the fall of last year, then early this year, now because they did not list the carrier may be never.

In the last year and a half I have been a webOS evangelist. I have four Pre phones in my family alone. It would be good faith on HP's part to provide the promised update.
    Guys, you might want to calm down a bit. From the article.

"HP intends to launch a website in the coming months that offer users "a path to 2.x." What does that mean? It means that depending on carrier and device, HP may offer desktop-tethered updates via their webOS Doctor framework. It sounded as if it won't apply to all devices, however, so in some cases the "path to 2.x" will be to buy a new phone. Whether that "path" would involve discounts for existing customers is unclear."

I don't think we've heard the last of 2.x for the Pre(+)
  19. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Well, it's not good that HP denies to deliver an OTA-update to WebOS 2.0 for older devices they where promising all the time.

On the other hand, what would have been the big advantages for normal users to get WebOS 2.0 on the old devices that could not be supported by an minor release update (like mic-support)?

The old devices, are they really fast enough to support WebOS 2.0?

What would happen if users really would loose there data after an update because of incompatible databases?

And they have not yet denied an update at all, they denied an OTA update, so before smashing the own or an other head against the wall, I would ask for an update to 2.0 by HP and wait what will happen in the near future.

BTW: Is there anybody who ever installed a 2.0 on a Pre+ via the WebOS-Doctor?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    good-bye paln hp enough is enough...enough said.