1.    #1  
    I dont know what to say.. Web Os and it's devices are going to continue to fall to the side by comparison of todays smart phones. I wrote another Thread two weeks ago with the same title and figured I'd wait for today. Well today is here and the big announcement was like getting a new product with all the latest technology from almost 2 years ago. How can they expect to compete with nothing Game changing. Palm has made it this far by being a smart device before smart devices were everywhere. Well thats not good enough anymore, innovation and developer/user connection is everything now. I think that HP bought a sick horse with a broken leg. Ive been with palm nonstop for years since the M130 and Im sorry to say it but I dont think I'll be rockin a palm/webos operated phone ever again. MARK MY WORDS, by this time next year Hp will have dropped support for this system and phone. (Stop and think of innovation and support by comparison: Apple os - Palm web os - Blackberry os - Android os - windows phone os. Now tell me by comparison which phone/os is not up to par.
    Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    Well, seeing as webOS already blows the doors off of iOS, Blackberry, and Android, it would be hard to be even more innovative. Be patient, HP will drive webOS into the realm of a player. Remember, they don't need to lead the market to be healthy, they just need to not be a 3% player in the market.
    Price and marketing. If they can get these right, then they can sell the phones.

From the hands-on previews, the Pre 3 and TouchPad seem FAST. Perhaps the specs aren't the most amazing, and won't be when the launch. But still, when does experience start to mask specs? The iPhone 4 doesn't have a 1 GHz processor, but you wouldn't know it when you use it.
    I agree Slim, but I'd say its more of an hardware issue and when the Pre 3 comes out in 5 months, it will already be outdated. They've had 2 years to be innovative and failed.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    Well, seeing as webOS already blows the doors off of iOS, Blackberry, and Android, it would be hard to be even more innovative. Be patient, HP will drive webOS into the realm of a player. Remember, they don't need to lead the market to be healthy, they just need to not be a 3% player in the market.
    Im not too sure about blacberry's os.. but webos blowing the doors off of android?? Yeah webos blew the doors off of android before android was an os. come on dude Im going by figures numbers and facts.. Webos is dead last in that aspect.