Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What Hp did today was force all software designers to develop software for WEBos. How? By letting them know HP will start shipping out their computers with WEBos being the operating system. All of the applications that has ignored this platform must play ball now. If they don't, they can't do business with the largest computer manufacturer in the world. It was never about the Pre, it was about WEBos.
    There are so many things wrong with your theory that I don't even know where to start.
    Will be interesting to see what happens when they get WebOS on PCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    There are so many things wrong with your theory that I don't even know where to start.
    I agree!
    "Hello. My name is Knox, and I'm addicted to webOS patches!"
  5.    #5  
    Start where ever you like
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    Okay. HP shipping PCs with webOS as the standard operating system, rather than an option, is suicide. You might as well ship Ubuntu -- hell, it has more apps.
    As a developer myself, I know that if the same situation was developing with Dell and another fictional OS, I wouldn't think twice and simply ignore it, expectingly if I had to learn some other technology to do so.
    Okay. HP shipping PCs with webOS as the standard operating system, rather than an option, is suicide. You might as well ship Ubuntu -- hell, it has more apps.
    I bet they're not planning on only doing webOS, and it's not insane (maybe not bright), but just look at what Google thinks will come from their Chrome OS on laptops/netbooks.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    easy now. Ubuntu would be a better option and already has more users
  10.    #10  
    And why is it suicide? The majority of people are looking for a computer that can simply search the internet and run office. Maybe download music. Many people that use computers are not that computer savy. They could care less about the operating system. One thing to remember is that HP has the ability to mass produce computer so that their brand is the most affordable. That speaks volumes to alot of people.

LOL!! I agree. Hey lets sell you a comp with one of the most unsupported undeveloped os around Id by a droid ran pc anyday.. wobos, not so much..
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Right....

The day HP ships a computer that can't run Word or World of Warcraft is the day Dell picks up a whole new batch of customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I bet they're not planning on only doing webOS, and it's not insane (maybe not bright), but just look at what Google thinks will come from their Chrome OS on laptops/netbooks.
    Right, but Chrome is designed for low end portables. OP seems to think HP is planning on shipping webOS on everything from netbooks to i7 rigs.
    Seems to me their best bet with the "webOS on computers" would be using it as their InstantOn option instead of that Splashtop they're using right now.
    How about this would be the death of HP? Let's see them announce that they are no longer shipping PCs with Windows/Linux/whatever and are only going to support their own, closed source, operating system that only works with their devices....

Hmmm, the massacre in the stock market would be enough to kill HP.
    huh? I play world of warcraft on my hp envy14
    And why is it suicide? The majority of people are looking for a computer that can simply search the internet and run office. Maybe download music. Many people that use computers are not that computer savy. They could care less about the operating system. One thing to remember is that HP has the ability to mass produce computer so that their brand is the most affordable. That speaks volumes to alot of people.
    Well if you want to go that route -- why buy a "PC" at all? There is the TouchPad now...doh!!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Seems to me their best bet with the "webOS on computers" would be using it as their InstantOn option instead of that Splashtop they're using right now.
    I think you're dead-on there, and there's no reason to say that isn't they strategy. A couple laptop/netbook vendors have already done similar things with Linux.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    huh? I play world of warcraft on my hp envy14
    Because it run Windows, and not WebOS. If it ran WebOS and you couldn't play WoW on it would you have still bought it?
    It will be dual boot windows. Unless HP is suicidal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast