1.    #1  
    Check out note 8 on Palm's Touchpad page (Palm USA | Palm TouchPad Phone | Features, Details).

8. Requires HP TouchPad with webOS 3.0 and Pre3 or Veer with webOS 2.2 or higher, both products having the same HP webOS account. Viewing URL web page content requires data connection via Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Note 8 is talking about the tap to share feature.
    it would have been a nice surprise if we could use the webos doc today for all old devices. But i doubt there will be any so soon
    Umm most phones aren't even at 2.1 yet. Please don't leave us out.
    Any word on when HP/Palm are pushing the next update to previous WebOS phones??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I was sincerely hoping for news about the previous webos phones, so to hear them only mentioned at the beginning with a "we've pushed out five phones to date" was disappointing. Throw us long time fans a bone!
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    yup! And We were laughing at old android phones not getting updated...
    Could HP pull a Google and have their platform fragmented like Android? In the videos it looked like WebOs was doing okay on a Pre
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    I think the silence speaks volumes. I am not expecting the original Pre to get 2.x....
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    I think I'll keep subdued hope until we get the official word. Rubinstein is still in control on the webos side of things, and he's been doing a good job of getting out updates
    Damn, so the Pre 2 wont' be able to do tap to share either, that sucks too.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    I think I'll keep subdued hope until we get the official word. Rubinstein is still in control on the webos side of things, and he's been doing a good job of getting out updates
    If he had been doing a good job of getting out updates, I'd have some version of 2.x on my Pre Plus by now..
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm