Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sure it would be cool to have a full webos running on x86 but i hope that they will introduce a new line of arm netbooks or something like that. it would have the benefit to have binary compatibility do the other system and arm is imo the future for mobile devices...
    What am I do with this laptop? Just browse and check email? No thanks. Instant booting does fly since my laptop with windows 7 hardly ever reboot. Smartphone, tablet and windows pc, I'm done.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    What am I do with this laptop? Just browse and check email? No thanks. Instant booting does fly since my laptop with windows 7 hardly ever reboot. Smartphone, tablet and windows pc, I'm done.

Sent from Tapatalk
    They talked about how they ship over 60 million computers a year, and how webos will be on them. They obviously realize they wouldn't sell nearly that many if it didn't have windows 7. So the only possible outcome is that they run windows7, and then webos in some other shape or form.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    They talked about how they ship over 60 million computers a year, and how webos will be on them. They obviously realize they wouldn't sell nearly that many if it didn't have windows 7. So the only possible outcome is that they run windows7, and then webos in some other shape or form.
    Even if it comes with the hp pc, and if it's dual boots, I will go there since I am on windows, like I said I hardly ever reboot. And I always reformat my windows because they usually put too many bloated software. I probably use it couple of times, that's about.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Even if it comes with the hp pc, and if it's dual boots, I will go there since I am on windows, like I said I hardly ever reboot. And I always reformat my windows because they usually put too many bloated software. I probably use it couple of times, that's about.

Sent from Tapatalk

I think/hope It will in a way where you turn on your computer, and webos comes up instantly, while windows loads. Then when windows has loaded, It might be running webos inside of windows since it's mostly web based stuff. I doubt they'd make you restart the computer.
    It could be instant on to webOS by default. Windows loads only if user desires (via a button press).
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    It could be instant on to webOS by default. Windows loads only if user desires (via a button press).
    Imagine if windows was in a card??? lol
  9.    #29  
    I would like to see them take the strategy of attaching an ARM processor as a peripheral to a Win7 PC. One project currently has a demo that allows you to load Android on a MacBook by attaching an ARM processor in place of an optical drive.

http://m.engadget.com/default/articl...sic&postPage=1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    So, do Phil McKinney's remarks mean that webOS will be provided as a layer on top of Windows, after all?
    What am I using WebOS on a full blown PC for? Isn't that the tail wagging the dog?

Will a windows PC run Windows Phone 7 as a dual-boot?
    Im pretty sure it will just be "a part" of windows. Meaning It will have options to sync with webos, transfer files, etc. webOS will probably be integrated into windows so you can do everything that your phone or tablet does on your PC. I doubt, in any way, that it will simply be webOS on your PC.
    First boot WebOS and when you need more start Windows, would probably also solve this main problem with webOS...

01) There is still no complete desktop sync for every important Personal Information Management part, as ToDo lists with categories... Including some kind of desktop application - so you can save and edit contacts, the calendar and tasks in your notebook... Except if you are connected to an Exchange server... You can only back up automatically to HP's servers, but without any option to edit your own information from your notebook... Complete desktop sync should naturally be included in the box, as an alternative and offer sync through both USB and Wifi, plus maybe Bluetooth... Now must you first buy MS Outlook (if you not have that) and a third party sync program, that not even handle ToDo lists... But HP have at least a migration tool, that help you move all your data (one way only) from an old Palm device or from Palm desktop (or MS Outlook) to a new pre, even if than not is a solution to this problem.

And that would be VERY cool in my eyes ;-)
    If I had webOS on my PC, I'd switch to the vanilla Windows install about once a week when I need to do intense MS office work (and yeah, I need full office and Quickoffice won't help. Neither would OpenOffice.)

Everything else I do on my Windows computer on a daily basis I can do more easily and more comfortably in webOS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12