Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    So, let's assume webOS 2.0's release is imminent. Who is going to go back to stock and try running without patches for a while?

    I am trying to determine if I want to doctor to 1.4.5 before the upgrade...
  2. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #2  
    Nope, I'm only going to 2.xx on a new device...

    My launch day Sprint Pre (w/ 4x5 icons and all the great patches), will remain at 1.4.5. (I'm very happy w/ how it look and works)

    Now, a new device is another matter.... ;-)
  3. #3  
    I plan on removing everything and Dr. to a fresh 2.0. It wont be long before everything i want will be up and running. why stall progress.
  4. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #4  
    I'm going to wait for a new device, - (or, when someone figures out how to replace the launcher, as patching it is not possible anymore), - been sitting on a upgrade since June 9th. last year! ;-)
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I plan on removing everything and Dr. to a fresh 2.0. It wont be long before everything i want will be up and running. why stall progress.
    I'll prbly just uninstall patches that are known to not work and do the OTA update.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. #6  
    I'm planning to uninstall ALL patches/kernels, then update OTA. Probably unnecessary, but I will feel and warm and fuzze inside about it. Haha
  7. #7  
    I love my 4x4, but I don't see how it is important enough to delay an upgrade. I plan on grabbing 2.0 as soon as it is available.
  8. #8  
    I'm with innocentbystander. I've seen the new webos and it is a lot better than the current version and will only continue to improve. Why would you want to intentionally stay with out of date software? The more of us that jump to 2.0+, the harder devs are gonna work on patches

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9. #9  
    Putting 2.x.x on my Pre- as soon as possible. The only thing I'm missing is the overclocking but that's about it. Everything else I can deal with (I would like 4x4 icons though).
    Sprint Love
  10. #10  
    I don't have any faith in webOS 2.0 hitting older Palm devices anymore. 7 months since our last OS upgrade (1.4.5) and 4 months since the first webOS 2.0 device was released. Whatever. My Pre is on its last legs and I'm just waiting for tomorrows announcements. Depending on what HP has to say, I may very well have an Android device by the end of the day.
  11. #11  
    I am going to wait a few days after the download shark frenzy just like I did when 1.4.5 was available and then decide what patches to add.
  12. #12  
    I am stock at 1.4.5. I plan on updating to 2.0 ASAP!
  13. #13  
    I plan on updating as soon as it comes out. As long as I can still theme the launcher I'll be fine. I reverted back to the original icon grid size to get used to it before 2.0 comes out. lol
  14. #14  
    I'll just uninstall patches that are known to not work with 2.0 and upgrade as soon as it is available, but I will miss my 4X4 launcher (even iPhone knows you can get 4 icons across a screen)
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  15. #15  
    I'll wait 2 months for when all the patches are updated to work with 2.0 because that's also probably how long it will take Verizon to release it after it's initially made availabel on the previous devices.
  16. intheory's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #16  
    I'm on 2.0.1 on my Sprint Pre and stock is ... okay. The new launcher screens are nice and while not 4x5, still very usable.

    The thing that bugs me the most is the lagginess after running at 600mhz+ on 1.4.5. I'm going to chalk this up to being not-final/released software though. Once the new kernal is out and uberkernal can do its thing I think 2.1 on a Sprint Pre will be just fine.
  17. #17  
    I am going to upgrade ota to 2.0, then after a week or so doctor to a fresh start with 2.0 to see speed differences.

    I toyed around w/ that leaked 2.0 doctor on a spare pre, and the thing flies. I opened 25-30 cards at a time with no too many cards errors. Surely it used less resources because I had it in devmode & airplane mode w/ wifi only on, but the card transitions are SO smooth. 2.0 is gonna fly on new hardware for sure. I cant wait for the official release. I hope it drops tomorrow w/ the event.
  18. #18  
    I might doctor, but regardless I will probably run the stock 2.x for a little bit to determine what I like and don't like before I start patching again.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE

Posting Permissions