1.    #1  
    will we be getting a working pdf reder?? why not create one using the pdk? or will it need to be a hybrid app??

Render Failed!!!
    The current PDF reader is actually already a hybrid app, I believe. It's not technically one, since it's been there from the beginning, but there's a native code part in the ROM, as well as a Javascript user interface.
  3.    #3  
    so wy all the render failed???
    If it is the same app since the beginning, why did it use to work fine and now it doen't anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    so wy all the render failed???
    Because the stock PDF reader app is worthless... It's never worked correctly for me.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    It worked fine for me the first year, never had a problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    It worked fine for me the first year, never had a problem with it.
    I remember it working two times for me since I first got my Pre in June 09. That's it. lol

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Stopped working for me after 1.4.5 I think. Also, the PDF patch stopped working too.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I too have been very frustrated at the "unable to render" issues in the PDF reader. I probably get this with half of the docs I open.

I took a quick peek in Lumberjack after experiencing this error and saw this:

[2011-02-06 20:48:44] (PDF View) Uncaught TypeError: Object [object HTMLObjectElement] has no method 'setFocus', file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/app/controllers/document-assistant.jsjsjs:$660$
    With that, it appears that the issues with this app revolve around the JSJSJS &$quot$;$frontend$&$quot$;. $To$ $substantiate$ $this$, $I$ $downloaded$ $the$ mupdf reader which Palm uses to render PDF docs (via opensource.palm.com). I took the same PDF doc that failed to open on my Pre which rendered just fine on my computer.

So I'd like to think this is a known bug already documented with Palm. I am surprised it's been around this long though...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    I too have been very frustrated at the "unable to render" issues in the PDF reader. I probably get this with half of the docs I open.

I took a quick peek in Lumberjack after experiencing this error and saw this:

With that, it appears that the issues with this app revolve around the JSJSJS &$quot$;$frontend$&$quot$;. $To$ $substantiate$ $this$, $I$ $downloaded$ $the$ mupdf reader which Palm uses to render PDF docs (via opensource.palm.com). I took the same PDF doc that failed to open on my Pre which rendered just fine on my computer.

So I'd like to think this is a known bug already documented with Palm. I am surprised it's been around this long though...
    Which reminds me.. What ever happened to the lawsuit?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Good question. I'm sure they're settling something behind closed doors. Maybe this mishap helped prompt this job opening??

Manager of Open Source
    What lawsuit? Sorli...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    What lawsuit? Sorli...
    http://m.precentral.net/copyright-in...d-against-palm